All Minor Dent and Bumper Repairs
KRP Auto Body will beat any written quote. Transport can
be arranged. T & C Apply.
375 Rivonia Boulevard, Rivonia.
Tel: 011 234 0160 - 079 408 7892
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Every Business Needs a ‘Breakaway’ Day!
And Chislehurst, is the heart of Rivonia, is just the place.
An elegant, private guest house in a tranquil setting close to
the vibrant hub of the village centre, we offer a 10-seater
boardroom, covered patio for coffee breaks, and a lovely large
thatched lapa with dining table and bar for relaxed lunches. We can
provide whatever catering you require, from cupcakes to caviar! Hire
of our venue for a full day is R1 000, catering is quoted to
you separately, and we will undertake to hire in any equipment you
require at the best possible cost.
Jenny 083 271 5958
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Home of Beauty
Bryanston Hot Stone Massage and Antaneea
Experienced therapist specialising in Hot Stone Massage and Antaneea
in a quiet and cosy space. Also Facials, Pedicure, manicure, slimming, and chakra balance.
Call Rita 082-210-0606
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Be a Modern Hero
– Donate Blood!
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Tel: 011 447-6665 / 880-4994.
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Johnny: 011 656-0652,
Editorial – The Internet Wild West (3)
Be very careful when selling via the internet, on
www.gumtree.co.za for example.
Scammers abound, and whether Police follow up is questionable.
Typically, the criminal will offer to pay for the item sight unseen, by way
of an EFT or a cash deposit into your account. Check such deposits carefully: In
fact it will usually be a stolen or fraudulent cheque. Sometimes the
hoaxer will fax or e-mail you a copy of a deposit slip that he has altered to
show that it is a cash deposit. Check with your bank: They can tell if it
is a cheque. If it is, wait 7 days until the bank has cleared it, and
check with the bank that it can not be cancelled. Get the name and surname
of the person you speak to at the bank, a reference number, and the date and
time: If they misinform you, you want to have all the details for a complaint.
Some criminals will send you a "scan" of their ID to establish their
bona-fides: Examine this carefully – has it been altered? Is the background
pattern consistent underneath the ID number and name? Is there a watermark over
the photo? How do you know it is his, anyway?
If you are selling an item like a Blackberry or an iPhone, there is software
you can load to track it: This is a good idea, as you are much more likely
to get the Detectives' attention if you can pin-point the stolen device for them!
For handing over the item he's scamming you out of, the criminal will often
choose a public place from which he can easily slip away, like a shopping centre
parking lot. Or he may send someone else, perhaps with a
fraudulent "copy" of his ID. It is better to hand the purchase over at his
home or office, and if it's in the foyer, make sure the Receptionist calls him
from his office –he might have just walked in off the street!
Of course, this caution also applies to selling off-line, such as via the
classifieds or Junk Mail.
Hot and Sweaty? It is the "Summer Bizz Super Special"
at Dads&Lads Barber Shop on the LOWER LEVEL for Dads and Lads Hair cuts
from Monday to Friday. Come together and receive 15% discount. on your
haircuts! No Appointment Required!
Open 7 days a week in Sunninghill Village Basement. Call
A midget fortune-teller who escapes from prison is a small medium at large.
fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
- Meat ETC., Shop G08 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Butchery and deli. Prime cuts, best quality. Suppliers to The Grillhouse. Come and enjoy a hot brisket on rye! Opened 13 Sept.
- Silhouette, Shop U41 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Sole importers and stockists of the Ika label of exclusive ladieswear since 2001. Moved from Village Walk and opened 13 Sept.
- Exclusive Books, Shop U37 in Morningside Shopping Centre, is expanding into the space vacated by Caprice.
- Graas Roots Vitamin Bar, Shop L06 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Health food, supplements and vitamins. Detoxification and energy diet. Right of Morningside Pharmacy. Moved from Village Walk in July.
- Babor Beauty Spa, in The Wedge, Morningside – "Mo Beautiful You",
replaced Body Therapy. Shop 10, Upper Level.
- Hot Yoga Studio in The Wedge, Morningside – The Wedge Office Block, second floor (opposite The Firm).
- Butterfly Twists in Morningside Shopping Centre – Ladies fold-up pumps and boots: Carry spare footwear in your handbag! Open stall in the upper Atrium opposite Design in Motion.
- Extreme Eyewear, Shop U19 in Morningside Shopping Centre has become La Boutique Eyewear – Optical & Sunglass Couture. Eye testing, contact lens fitting on site.
- Yuanyuan Chinese Take-Away & Hot Pot, in Rivonia Centre, 369 Rivonia Boulevard – Soups, spring rolls, rice dishes, noodles, desserts and sauces. Next-day delivery.
- Piza e Vino Restaurant, Shop 6 & 7 in The Wedge, Morningside – will open around 1 November 2012 (TBC) where Piacheri used to be.
- On 2 November Nedbank will be closing in The Wedge to reopen on 5 November in Morning Glen Mall on the Upper Level near Capitec Bank.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Casa da Galina, The Codfather
Group of Restaurants, 1st Ave corner Rivonia Road
A late night meal after a presentation and discussion at Wits seemed in order
as the snacks were very salty there. Casa Galina is a restaurant in the
Codfather group and has a Portuguese flavour. The service is excellent and
waiters have a real sense of humour! The non-smoking area was nearly
deserted and the electricity went on and off initially. Then the lights
came on for the rest of the evening - Eskom or a kitchen fault? Who's
We ordered hot chocolate and Spier Savignon Blanc, plus a Prego roll and
clams. Sadly no clams and none were available at Food Lovers today either.
Changed the order to Lullas Calamari. Gloria, our waitress, organised
everything perfectly. The Prego was excellent, the calamari superb.
Her hearty laugh at our jokes made the evening great and the wine was excellent
Contact Details for Casa da Galinha.
Advertise here: Be Seen by up to 4653 Shoppers!
Only R100 per issue for a banner like this or a similar square column advert!
or call 082 389-3482.
Heard on Radio 702 (the station that thinks Jenny
Crude-Williams sending people for a "gluttonous feast" equals
"sophistication"): "There's a stationary car on Witkoppen Road travelling
- Benmore Meat, Shop G08 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Butchery: well aged, real meat, no MSG, colourants or preservatives.
- Rivonia Fisheries, in Rivonia Corner, 362 Rivonia Boulevard, Corner Rivonia Boulevard and Eleventh Avenue – fish and seafood shop: Closed until further notice. A symptom of over-fishing?
- An-An, Kiosk in The Wedge, Morningside – Body butter, bath salts, room sprays, body sprays, candles, soaps, towels, etc.
- Culinary Morningside, Shop L11 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Expensive, exquisite cutlery, crockery, wine glasses, decanters, pepper grinders, tableware, kitchenware, cookware, pots and pans, kitchen appliances. Mostly imported.
- Cell C Morningside, Shop U25 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Cellphones, prepaid, accounts and contracts, cell phone accessories.
- Caprice, Shop U40 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Ladies' clothing and accessories imported from Israel.
- Body Therapy, Shop 10 in The Wedge, Morningside – Beauty Therapy: Anti-stress skin care, day spa, bridal package.
- redmango, Shop L06 in Morningside Shopping Centre – fat-free frozen yoghurt, premium coffee, health food, smoothies, parfait, fruit salad, wraps, sandwiches, fruit juice, special teas.
The delay of e-Tolling saved YOU up to R550 a month!
Please give OUTA (the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance) some of it to
pay the legal costs, at www.outa.co.za!
After recent events, Julius needed to see a doctor,
saying: "Doc, I've hurt my arm in several places".
The doctor said, "I suggest you don't go there again".
Meet your City Councillor, raise issues of concern to you, and get contact
details for Municipal entities: Vincent Earp, DA Councillor for Ward 103 (parts of
Morningside, Sandown, Rivonia and Bryanston), will be at
Morning Glen Mall on the
Lower Level East outside Wimpy, Bookdealers and Pandora from 10:00 to 12:00
this Saturday, 29 September. Pop in, say hello, and renew your membership.
"Rock through the Ages", a dinner and dance, will take place on Saturday 27 October at The Rivonia Sports Club, 7 Achter
Road, Paulshof, from 18:30 until late. Music is provided by the band "Bite".
They play rock music mainly from the 1960's to 1980's (Springsteen, Beatles,
Stones, etc.). As a full band, they don't use backing tracks, instead producing
real live music with a live drummer. This is a DA Ward 103 fund-raising event
at just R200/head: Contact
this address to book and pay.
Avoiding the Checkout
No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.