AutoCAD & Autodesk software
drawing and drafting software for all applications:
Engineering, Architecture, plant design.
Software Africa: 011
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Do you need a new venue for your book club, coffee morning, ladies lunches?
Chislehurst is situated in a quiet, leafy suburb of Rivonia, and the tranquil outdoor setting under the lovely thatched
lapa provides exactly what you need for a private, fun occasion.
We offer whatever catering you require, from cupcakes to caviar! The venue cost varies according to time required,
but you can guarantee it won’t break the bank. We are very flexible and will work around your requirements.
Jenny 083 271 5958
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Home of Beauty
Hot Stone Massage and Antaneea in Bryanston
Experienced therapist specialising in Hot Stone Massage and Antaneea
in a quiet and cosy space. Other beauty therapies available: Facials, Pedicure, manicure, slimming, chakra balance.
Call Rita 082-210-0606
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Johnny: 011 656-0652,
Fun Day: "Barefoot Bowls" & Braai Lunch on Sunday 18th
At the Morningside Country Club, 1 De La Rey Rd, Rivonia,
this will be a Fun Day in aid of Democratic Alliance Ward 109
(Morningside Manor, Wendywood, Marlboro and northern Alexandra).
Registration starts at 10.00. Barefoot Bowls will teach you how to play
the Game from 10.30 to 13.00. Non-Bowlers may join us for
lunch. Music will be playing and after lunch you get to try out
the bowling skills you just learned. Only 120 persons can be
accommodated to learn bowls (another 80 friends and spouses can
join us for lunch).
Pricing: Bowls players, including lunch Braai Pack Options as
follows: 1: Sirloin Steak & Boerewors, R140. Option 2: Steak,
Chicken Thigh & Lamb Chop, R160. Option 3: Boerewors Roll,
R110.00. Option 4: Chicken Prego Roll, R120.00. Lunch costs
include Pap, Gravy, Rice, salad in season, buttered roll, all
cutlery, braai tongs, serviettes and crockery. Friends not
bowling but visiting for lunch only, deduct R50.00 per options for
lunch. Drinks are available from the club bar.
Book and pay not later than 15 November with Neil 083
652 2640 or Rick 082 389 3482, or e-mail
Hot and Sweaty? It is the "Summer Bizz Super Special"
at Dads&Lads Barber Shop on the LOWER LEVEL for Dads and Lads Hair cuts
from Monday to Friday. Come together and receive 15% discount. on your
haircuts! No Appointment Required!
Open 7 days a week in Sunninghill Village Basement. Call
- Nedbank, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside is closing on 3 November, moving to Morning Glen Mall and opening there on the upper level near Capitec Bank on 5 November.
- Willo Tree Boutique, Shop 37A, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Ladies' boutique – unique imported clothing at affordable prices.
- Luxury Curtain and Décor, Shop 18, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – haberdashery, ground floor, opposite MICA opening 01 October 2012.
- Vilai-Lai Thai Massage in Morning Glen Mall moved upstairs and opened on the 5th of October in much bigger premises in Shop 72 next to Kiyota Sushi.
- The Deli store, Shop 51-54, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall –Kosher Butchery opening
1 November, next to Mooz Bros opposite Woolies.
- C & C Sushi has become Rejoice Sushi Bar, Shop 19 in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Japanese and Chinese food: Sushi, spring roll, rice, chow mein (noodles); chicken, beef, vegetarian, pork, prawn. No cards accepted. Open 11:00-22:00 daily.
- Lotters Pine Furniture had not in fact closed, but moved from Woodmead Value Mart to Shop G2 (Building G) in Woodmead Commercial Park – Old cottage furniture, genuine Oregon pine, beds, suites, cupboards, kids furniture, cots, special furniture to order.
- Solomons Bedding, Shop AC, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – Stockists of all mattress and base sets except Sealy: Cloud Nine, Genessi, Grafton Everest, Night & Day, Rest Assured. Open M-F 08:30-16:30, Sat 08:30-14:00.
- Bryanston Shopping Centre is undergoing a massive refurbishment and the open-air Fountain Court
is being covered. All shops are open and Engineers who like shopping
on a building site will enjoy it. The refurbishment is due to be completed
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
Laggard: One who lags, that is, a tradesman who insulates your pipes and geyser, very slowly.
Restaurant Review by Judith
Back to top
***** Tandoori Oven Restaurant, Bryan Park Centre, Grosvenor and Cumberland
Not the warmest night out but with sporting events gluing everyone to their
screen, it meant a quiet night out! A friendly restaurant which is
very conscious of its cultural links. Small and set in the corner, it
seems to be the only restaurant here. We settled for hot chocolate and Du Toitskloof Sauvignon Blanc, then ordered cheese samoosas. These were very
tasty and made in the traditional flat triangle style.
This was followed by us sharing a half Tandoori chicken accompanied by a
garlic naan. The chicken was wonderful - succulent and accompanied by
salad. The naan was just right.
All together a worthwhile experience with friendly service and plenty of time
to talk and enjoy the evening. I can recommend them.
Contact details for Tandoori Oven Restaurant & Takeaway
Green Tip – Washing Balls
Laundry balls (or washing balls) are available from your
local hardware shop or Verimark at around R60. They claim to allow you to
do up to 1000 loads of washing without detergents, saving you a fortune in
washing powder and reducing the amount of phosphates you end up dumping into the
rivers. We are now on our second one, the first having been chewed up by
the Labrador when the ball fell off the window-sill where it was being sunned.
Do they work? Well, yes, they appear to, though you still need stain
remover (as you would with detergent). How do they work? The makers
of washing balls make varied pseudo-scientific claims, none
of which have any scientific validity. It seems that, if they work better
than using plain water, it is the pounding action of the ball, much like our
ancestors used to beat the washing on the rocks in the river. You might
get the same effect using golf balls. The corollary is that the
washing-machine is doing the washing, and the claims of
washing-powder makers are exaggerated: If you feel that laundry balls are
just a placebo, you can certainly cut down on your washing-powder without ill
effect on your laundry, and thereby benefit the environment.
Advertise here: Be Seen by up to 4684 Shoppers!
Only R100 per issue for a banner like this or a similar square column advert!
or call 082 389-3482.
Funny Language, English...
(do not try this at home!)
"Darn, my new contact lenses keep falling out!"
"Have you tried using contact adhesive?"
- Bryanpark Spar in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Closed for extensive renovations: Reopening early 2013.
- Blueberri Handbags & Accessories, Shop 66, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – opened Dec 2011 for classy designer ladies' handbags and accessories.
- More than Flowers, in Cambridge Crossing – yet another flower shop closed as the recession bites...
- Nokia Care, Shop 02A/B outside Pick 'n Pay in Woodmead Retail Park – Repair Centre, accessories and after sales service.
- Treehouse Children's Décor Co., Shop 75 in Woodmead Retail Park – kids' rooms' bedding, curtaining, furniture, soft furnishings and accessories.
- Extreme Exposure – Custom 1 Marketing Promotions, Shop B3 in Woodmead Commercial Park – High impact visible branding.
- Macalinne Decor, Shop B5 in Woodmead Commercial Park – home furniture, kids furniture, office furniture and sanitary ware.
- Ascot Bedding and Furniture, Shop AB, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – "Winners know where to shop!" (sadly, not enough did).
- Elvey Security Technologies, Shop AF, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – Electronic security equipment distributor.
- The Couch Connexion, Shop G2, Building G in Woodmead Commercial Park – Couches and chairs of all kinds.
Love e-Tolling? Hate e-Tolling? Submit your view to Government Now!
Visit OUTA (the Opposition to Urban Tolling Alliance) at
to comment (and donate to fight e-Trolls).
Julius went to his favourite fish
restaurant. The salmon looked good, but he wanted something a
So he ordered the salmonella.
Donate R10 to Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Last month Pick 'n Pay in Morning Glen Mall gave us a free Pineware
automatic jug kettle.
It happened like this: Our previous kettle died and I went to
buy a new one. The shelf marking said R79.99. At the
till, it rang up as R99.99. So I queried it. They
checked the shelf marking and sure enough, the bar code
corresponded but the price did not. They offered me a R20
refund. "What about the scan-right guarantee?" I said.
They don't advertise it like they used to, but Pick 'n Pay's
scan-right guarantee says that for any item if the shelf price
doesn't match the till price and the bar code corresponds, the
first item is free and any more are at the lower price. To
his credit, the manager didn't argue at all, and I got my kettle
Thank You, Pick 'n Pay Morning Glen, for keeping your
promise! Now that the promotion is over, the same kettle
is selling for about R130.