the BEST DEALS
on the BEST BRANDS!
REGISTER NOW for the chance to
WIN 1 of 3 Sony digital cameras worth R1199.00
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Convenient Conference Café:
From a one-hour business meeting for 5, to a week-long indaba for 42
with all audio-visual aids, food and coffee.
5 Dunwoody Shopping Centre, 147 Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
GET IN ON THE ACT
Are you aged between 5 and
18? Want to pursue a career
in theatre or film? Or do you
want to increase your
confidence, speaking ability
and interview technique?
ENROL NOW and register for
FREE with our casting
agency-TAKE 10 and have the
opportunity to audition:
011 880 5209,
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
[Saxophone, Violin, Piano, DJ’s, Bands]
[Ages 4 – adults]
Chantie 082 330-6160
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick: 011 656-0652,
Sandton and Bryanston News
We have added a new shopping centre to the Megaplex site: Grayston Shopping Centre at 135 Grayston Drive, corner
Helen Road (GPS -26.10057, 28.06586).
centre serves Strathavon, Sandown, the southern end of
Morningside and the northern Sandton CBD. There are a number of fast food restaurants, two convenience
stores, and several hair salons. With two dentists and an optician,
immediate medical needs are taken care of. There are various body care
places, and a large separate Virgin Active gym with a pool, nearby.
Bryanston Shopping Centre has added a new, bigger elevator that goes
from the lower mall to the upper mall so that customers can fit all
their shopping trolleys in with ease. The post boxes which have been
relocated to behind CNA are set to be ready for customers to collect
their post in the first week of August. Several shops have
opened or moved: See the lists below.
Our page for Woodmead Retail Park is now up-to-date. Changes below...
We welcome Michele back from her long absence! So if any clients
of hers from Sunninghill or Fourways are wondering where she is, come along
to Dads&Lads Barber Shop, Lower
level Sunninghill Village, Sunninghill and you will find her here! We are
open 7 days a week Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-3pm, Sun/holidays 9am-2pm. It might be winter, but hair grows the same length
as it does in summer. Let us warm you up with a fresh hair
cut! It's good for your soul! Call
If you screen a film, you show it, but if you screen a compost heap, you hide it.
"You are invited to the screening of our
compost heap at Megaplex on Tuesday night..."
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
- Sushiitto on South in Morning View – Sushi bar. Dim Sum, soup, noodles, spring rolls, fried rice, stir fry. Free delivery within 5 km. Open Tuesday-Sunday 11:30-20:30. Officially opened 1 July.
- Simply Healthy in Morning Glen Mall has become Zen Health,
Shop 35, Lower Level – Health Shop: Whole food, herbal and homeopathic remedies.
- Polka Dot Décor, Shop G28 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Custom-made mirrors, lanterns, candles, scatter cushions, curtaining, pottery, furniture, baskets, garden pots, glassware.
- Adega Restaurant Rivonia in Rivonia Crossing 2, Achter Rd off Witkoppen Rd, Paulshof – Traditional Portuguese Cuisine: "Always open, always good".
- HB Caterers, Western Service Road near Wendywood Shopping Centre – Full corporate catering service, from platters (choice of 55) to breakfasts, lunches and cocktail parties as well as spit braais. Entire events with food, drink, crockery, cutlery etc.
- KRP Auto Body, listed in Rivonia North Shops, is moving from 375 Rivonia Blvd to 7th Avenue, Rivonia, just off Rivonia Road.
- Changes in Bryanston Shopping Centre:
- Biggie Best has now opened on the lower mall, moved from
Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre.
- Vendange has opened up on the upper mall.
- Bella Donna ladies boutique will be open by the end of July also in the upper level.
- Bushwillow has upgraded its store on the upper mall
- A la Juliette has undergone a refurbishment and is now open on the upper mall
- Simply French has completed its refurbishment and is in its new home on the upper mall.
- Jimmy's Killer Grills, Shop 23, Food Court in Woodmead Retail Park – Steak, lamb chops, chicken, burgers, combos, hot and cold drinks, desserts.
- Sugar Shoes, Shop 75 next to Woolworths Cafe in Woodmead Retail Park – Hand-painted wooden furniture for kids.
- Pember, Shop 65 in Woodmead Retail Park – ladies clothing and evening wear, leather handbags and accessories.
- Salon Nomsa, Shop 61 in Woodmead Retail Park – Afro-chic Hair and Beauty salon.
"We had a great time at Chislehurst for our
Baby Shower - we were spoilt for fun and good food", said Lolo Bingwa.
20 ladies arrived laden with gifts for the mum-to-be, Lolo's sister.
After a delicious brunch, champagne and cake accompanied toasts and lots
of laughter. Choose Chislehurst for your next event, under the
lapa and around the pool. Book clubs, kitchen teas, boardroom lunches
and birthday celebrations, we can assure you of a good time in a secure,
private, pretty and peaceful environment.
on 011 803 1351 / 083 271 5958
How can you tell if the Engineer you are talking to is an extrovert?
He looks at your shoes, instead of at his own.
Anyday PA assists the working professional, busy
housewife, working parents, by getting their tasks, chores, and to-do
lists actioned efficiently and timeously.
ANYDAY PA – Let me help you get it done.
071 684 4180
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Winnie's Soul and Jazz
Restaurant , Wendywood Shopping Centre, Daphne Street
What a wonderful place with jazz playing all the time and a live show at
21:30 [weekends only], which was sadly too late for us! Anthony made us feel very welcome
and presented their very interesting menu. Drinks were ordered - the hot
chocolate standard and a Vrede and Lust dry pink wine, which is truly wonderful
and a real change from dry whites. It is a light and truly delicious wine
We shared chicken livers, which were a little too hot for my companion.
I found them just right for a chilly evening! My partner ordered lamb
shank whilst I went for the mussels starter. Both dishes were perfectly
cooked and presented. My mussels were plump and the sauce was just right.
We concluded the evening with a coffee and a cappuccino. Atmosphere is
great, prices on the high side, definitely a place for the elite to be seen and to have a great
evening. Service is good - thanks Anthony! Loved the decor - lots of
photos of jazz greats and warm wood.
Contact Details for Winnie's Soul & Jazz Restaurant.
Winnie's – where Great Food, Soul and Jazz meet
Experience it yourself: You won't regret it! For bookings please phone 011 656 3059, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
Wendywood Shopping Centre, 1 Daphne St, Wendywood.
- Bride & Co and Eurosuit in Rivonia Crossing 2 was destroyed in a fire. For all enquiries please see this link.
- Confetti Coffee Bar in the foyer of Bride & Co in Rivonia Crossing 2 – closed due to the fire.
- Sandwich Baron in Sunhill Shopping Centre will be closing end July, followed by a new, larger, franchise opening in the Sunninghill area.
- Sandwich Baron Express, Shop 30 in Woodmead Retail Park – Sandwiches & salads.
- Kodak Express Digital Solutions, Shop 5A in Woodmead Retail Park – Photographic Services.
- Sempre, Shop 65 in Woodmead Retail Park – Ladies boutique.
- Sneakers Replica, Shop 34 in Woodmead Retail Park – Replica kit for your team and country.
- Jeep, Shop 43 in Woodmead Retail Park – Unisex Branded clothing.
- Kids' Rooms, Shop 57 in Woodmead Retail Park – Children's beds, bedding and linen.
Bringing you the BEST DEALS on the BEST BRANDS!
REGISTER NOW for the chance to
WIN 1 of 3 Sony digital cameras worth R1199.00
Julius says, it's like falling off a bicycle: Once
you've done it, no matter how long ago, you never forget how to do it.
ADT reports that on 13 July at around 08:30, a suspect accessed a property in Davies Road, Bryanston, through the main gate and proceeded to force open a door with a crowbar. While he was busy, the gardener confronted him and the suspect said he used to be the gardener at the property and was breaking in because the homeowner owed him money. The gardener said he must wake the homeowner up but the suspect clearly didn't like this idea and quickly left the property
– by opening the main gate with a remote! It is evident that this former employee still had a remote for the main gate in his possession and it was therefore no problem for him to access the property and attempt to break in!
• Re-programme remotes or change locks if domestic staff abscond with remotes/keys or you neglect to take them back.
• Always request a copy of your domestic worker's ID, a home address and a contact number.
• Equip your domestic staff with panic buttons and make sure they know what to do in an emergency.
• Report anything suspicious to your security company or the SAPS immediately.
Dr Riaz Wadvalla, Dr Nafeesah Wadvalla
The Bridge Shopping
Centre, Gibson Drive, Buccleuch: 011 656-1090
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-2pm
Overheard at the Checkout:
Back to top
"Mvezo? Great place, Mvezo, Great