Restaurant Review ~
the BEST DEALS
on the BEST BRANDS!
REGISTER NOW for the chance to
WIN 1 of 3 Sony digital cameras worth R1199.00
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Convenient Conference Café:
From a one-hour business meeting for 5, to a week-long indaba for 42
with all audio-visual aids, coffee and food.
5 Dunwoody Shopping Centre, 147 Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
GET IN ON THE ACT
Are you aged between 5 and
18? Want to pursue a career
in theatre or film? Or do you
want to increase your
confidence, speaking ability
and interview technique?
ENROL NOW and register for
FREE with our casting
agency-TAKE 10 and have the
opportunity to audition:
011 880 5209,
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
[Saxophone, Violin, Piano, DJ’s, Bands]
[Ages 4 – adults]
Chantie 082 330-6160
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick: 011 656-0652,
Elections are coming! Are you sure you are registered where you
live? If not, see below for what to do.
This month we put up a page for
Sloane Square, the neighbourhood shopping centre at 18 Sloane
Street, corner William Nicol Drive, Bryanston. The centre has a
mix of shops including a supermarket and a bottle store, an upmarket
Indian restaurant (The Maharajah, one of our favourites), an evangelical
fruit and veg shop, and several fast food outlets. It is almost fully
tenanted with long-term tenants, in contrast to the centre directly
Epsom Downs, which now has several empty shops as listed below.
Alongside the construction of the new Checkers, the rest of Rivonia
Village is also being renovated. Shops continue trading, but a lot
of the centre looks like a building site. Renovation of Mutual
Mews opposite has finished with the installation of a new Tiger Wheel
Bryanston Shopping Centre is hosting a Spring Celebration between 30
August and 2 September 2013. - Massive discounts at all stores - Spot
prizes for customers including gift vouchers to the value of over R5000
- Win a Revival Scooter worth R10,000 from DIY Depot! Wedge Rose Florist
will keep you entertained with flower decorating presentations on
Saturday 11:00 and 13:00. From 10:00 to 12:00 on Saturday 31
August you can meet your City Councillor at the Democratic Alliance
On Saturday, 21 September at 06:30, The Wedge will be holding another
run and walk: Distances: 5,2 and 8 km. Pre-registration at The Village
Vet Shop and Wedge Optometrists from 5 September. The first 100
pre-entrants will receive the annual race T-Shirt. You can enter via
www.enteronline.co.za for The Wedge Run & Walk 21 September 2013.
Summer is coming! Feeling over-loaded with hair? Let us spruce you up with a
clean cut, Tea Tree Head massage or a colour to hide those grey hairs! Visit us any time from Monday to Sunday: 7 days a week! Dads&Lads special from
Monday to Fridays only, with a 15% discount when you come together! Lower
Level in Sunninghill Village, Sunninghill. Call
011 803 5015 for more info.
The Conference of Psychics and Clairvoyants of
Southern Africa has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances...
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
More by accident than design, the new shops this month fall mainly
into two categories: Restaurants, and outdoor pursuits.
- JAM Clothing, Shop 23, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Opened 27 August 2013, replacing Meltz. "Famous for less": Affordable fashion brands for the whole family. If you buy from them, it's "money for jam".
- Vasili's Greek/Mediterranean Restaurant has moved from The Wedge, Morningside to Rivonia Junction, corner Rivonia and Mutual Roads.
- Misaki Japanese Cuisine in Sandton Court – Restaurant opened May 2013. Owner/chef Otake Akihiro San serves authentic Japanese sushi, sashimi, tempura, handmade noodles and sobas, ramen, donburi, bento boxes, chirashi, shabu shabu, and sukiyaki.
- Local India Restaurant and Takeaway, Shop U11 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre.
- Little Sheep Restaurant, GA03 in Rivonia Oriental City – "the joy of sharing" a Chinese hotpot may not be appreciated by all.
- Run / Walk for Life in Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre – Gallo Manor branch of the successful fitness franchise.
- Outdoor World & 4x4 Megaworld Bryanston, Shop 9 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – 4x4 accessories, tents, camping and hunting equipment.
- MotoMate Bike & Accessory World, G7, Building G in Woodmead Commercial Park – Motorcycles, accessories, scooters, commuters, servicing and repairs, tyres and fitment. On the right of Yeesh!
- The Bike Basement, Shop 10 in Rivonia Crossing 2 – a showroom of quality global cycling brands. Workshop offering services and repairs – MTB/Road, etc.
- The Multisport Basement, Shop 5, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Support and equipment for cycling, swimming, trail hiking, trail running, triathlon, ultra running and mountain biking.
- National Auto Glass Woodmead, AF, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – South-African-made windscreens. Door glass, chip repairs, smash & grab tinting, building glass, table tops.
"We had a great time at Chislehurst for our
Baby Shower - we were spoilt for fun and good food", said Lolo Bingwa.
20 ladies arrived laden with gifts for the mum-to-be, Lolo's sister.
After a delicious brunch, champagne and cake accompanied toasts and lots
of laughter. Choose Chislehurst for your next event, under the
lapa and around the pool. Book clubs, kitchen teas, boardroom lunches
and birthday celebrations, we can assure you of a good time in a secure,
private, pretty and peaceful environment.
on 011 803 1351 / 083 271 5958
Restaurant Review by
Judith Back to top
*** Adega Rivonia, Rivonia Crossing 2, off Achter Road, Paulshof - 23 August 2013
This restaurant replaces an earlier steak restaurant that closed some time
ago. We had not booked, but this was no barrier to entry and we were greeted by the manageress and assured that
a table could be found. We were seated towards the back and immediately
attended to by Kenneth, who gave us menus and the wine list. Wines are
reasonably priced from around R89 for Festa Sauvignon Blanc upwards. The
range is good. Not having tried Fest Sauvignon Blanc, I decided on that.
It turned out to be a very pleasant experience. My companion stuck firmly
He also decided on Spare Ribs, much missed as we haven't really been to meat
restaurants very often. I ordered snails in garlic butter and Prawn
Tempura. The ribs were declared very good but the chips failed the really
crispy test. My snails were excellent and probably protected us from
marauding vampires for the next two nights at least! The prawn tempura
batter was a disappointment being rather thick and, I suspect, not made from
rice flour. The prawns themselves were good.
Kenneth gave excellent service and the atmosphere was easy going.
Children are allowed and they were all behaving well. We would go again
and recommend Adega Rivonia to others.
Editor's niggle: It was an interesting idea for Adega to produce
its menu as a glossy magazine priced at R50, but I object to it carrying
adverts for luxury goods and travel. If I'm paying to go to the
restaurant I don't expect it to sell me as a captive audience to
advertise to, unless I'm getting my meal free. And Adega is a
Portuguese restaurant, right? So what are we doing with sushi and other
Japanese dishes on the menu?
Contact Details for Adega Restaurant Rivonia.
Anyday PA assists the working professional, busy
housewife, working parents, by getting their tasks, chores, and to-do
lists actioned efficiently and timeously.
ANYDAY PA – Let me help you get it done.
071 684 4180
When Julius was young, his family was poor.
His mother would send him to the butcher for a sheep's head and –he would
tell the butcher– "Mum said to leave the eyes in, because it's got to see us
through the week".
Winnie's – where Great Food, Soul and Jazz meet
Experience it yourself: You won't regret it! For bookings please phone 011 656 3059, e-mail
email@example.com or visit
Wendywood Shopping Centre, 1 Daphne St, Wendywood.
- Bookdealers in
Bryanston Shopping Centre
had a fire on the night of 19 August due to a faulty air conditioner and has been
closed since. They have asked for a temporary shop in the mean time and hope to get occupancy again at the beginning of October.
- Nedbank, ATM, and Nedbank Private Bank in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre. Tough times for a centre if a bank closes.
- Smooch in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Home Décor, Interior and furniture.
- Dulcé Café closed in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre
– Speciality coffee and delicious food.
- Sausage Saloon in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Hot dogs, Russians and chips, cheese grillers, wors, burgers.
- Sof Sof Boutique in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – "Affordable glamour".
- It's All About You! in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Beauty Salon.
- Flight Centre in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre: Flown away.
- Dial a Nerd, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Computer repairs and sales, sailed away.
- Rose Rock Hair Design, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Ladies and Gents ex-Hairdressers.
- Bahadur Express, Shop 4 in Mutual Mews – Indian Restaurant and take-away, now taken away entirely.
- Mongkok Restaurant, Shop 1A in Mutual Mews – Chinese and Sushi Dining.
- Canto Latino in Rivonia Oriental City – Tapas Restaurant, Bar, and Fine Dining.
Bringing you the BEST DEALS on the BEST BRANDS!
REGISTER NOW for the chance to
WIN 1 of 3 Sony digital cameras worth R1199.00
Green Tip + Security Tip
When you buy electronic equipment, do not leave the boxes outside your
property for Pikitup. You might as well put out an advertisement for
burglars! Rather collapse the boxes and put them in bags for Mpact
Recycling (formerly Mondi Recycling, phone 011 538 8600): They will collect
clean waste paper and flattened cardboard boxes from your gate every week, for
free. Polystyrene and other packing materials you can take for recycling
to the Municipal Green Waste sites in Woodmead and Bryanston, along with your
tins and bottles.
Headline: "Wits fires sex pests". They apparently weren't
clear on the difference between "lecher" and "lecturer".
Dr Riaz Wadvalla, Dr Nafeesah Wadvalla
The Bridge Shopping
Centre, Gibson Drive, Buccleuch: 011 656-1090
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-2pm
Are You Registered to Vote?
Back to top
I learned something interesting recently. As you know,
there will be National and Provincial elections next year. What I
learned is this: When President Zuma announces the election date in
Parliament, the voters' roll closes. That's it! If you
aren't registered by then, you've lost your vote! If you have moved
provinces, you lose your provincial vote.
Are you sure you are registered to vote at your current address?
If you're not sure, the DA can help:
Click here to create an e-mail to me, add your ID number and
telephone, and we'll let you know where you are registered. If
you aren't, or are –at the wrong place, we'll assist with
registration or re-registration.
Even if you are having doubts about voting, why not register anyway?
You'll be keeping your options open instead of deliberately throwing
away a privilege many people died for. Don't take the chance:
Overheard At The Checkout:
At Optimum Nutrition: "Whey to go!"