Restaurant Review ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA INSTRUCTOR SMS
or CALL 084 211 8888
Sports Recreation Centre, Darwin Street, corner Fleming Street.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Convenient Conference Café:
From a one-hour business meeting for 5, to a week-long indaba for 42
with all audio-visual aids, coffee and food.
5 Dunwoody Shopping Centre, 147 Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Need a Stunning
Last-Minute Christmas Dress (or Present)
– at 50% off?
Silhouette, sole SA importers of the Ika label of exclusive ladieswear,
now operates from a house in Morningside Manor:
Call Dawn for an appointment:
082 559 8785, or e-mail:
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Master Your Public Speaking Fears!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at
18:45. Aspiring speakers are welcome to contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick: 011 656-0652,
It is a time of contrasts. Holidays are upon us for many.
For some, it is a time to be with friends and family. A time to
indulge and over-indulge. Others invoke a spiritual aspect by
celebrating the birth of their god. Into this mix comes the
long-dreaded death of Nelson Mandela, possibly delayed by artificial
life-support. As a nation, and indeed a world, we mourn his death
and celebrate his life.
Madiba was the first to admit –nay, to proclaim– that he was no
saint. Yet the good of his life greatly outweighs his failings.
Those of us who lived through the transition remember the
knife-edge on which South Africa stood, and how easily we could have
become another Zimbabwe –or Rwanda.
The sound country we have today is due to people of good will like
Mandela, and Colin Eglin, whose death has been overshadowed. Let us honour
them and take forward their ideals of justice, fairness and
reconciliation. We have some way to go yet: Are current Government leaders
up to the task, or in it for themselves? You know what to do about it...
Summer is here! Feeling over-loaded with hair? Let us spruce you up with a
clean cut, Tea Tree Head massage or a colour to hide those grey hairs! Visit us any time from Monday to Sunday: 7 days a week! Dads&Lads special from
Monday to Fridays only, with a 15% discount when you come together! Lower
Level in Sunninghill Village, Sunninghill. Call
011 803 5015 for more info.
IPL Cricket is looking for a Scriptwriter
and a Choreographer. The jobs pay well, but you can't tell anyone what
you do. Experience in the wrestling industry would be a recommendation.
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
- Silhouette, lately in Morningside Shopping Centre and before that
Walk, is now in a house in Morningside Manor: Evening dresses,
clothes for the elegant career woman, sole importers of the Ika label.
See display advert.
- Sincere Chinese Restaurant, Shop 2, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Opened March 2013.
- A2Z Food World, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Indian spices, rice, flour bread, veg, fruit, snacks, long life milk, cigarettes, ice cream, frozen food, cold drinks, much more.
- Jhanvi Hairdresser, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Caucasian and Indian hair. Threading, ladies' head massage. Open 09:30-20:00 every day.
- Pizza Oven Sunninghill, Shop 13, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Pizzas, regular or large, from R45 to R90. Salads, Foccacia, desserts. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
- Altanoor Grill and Hubbly Lounge in Rivonia Area Shops – Restaurant, 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Teasers building, on the street).
- African Queen Boutique, Shop G21B, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – hats, sandals, and bags mostly made by disadvantaged communities to create employment. "Luxury with a conscience".
- Ferro Nails in Rivonia Village has become Sorbet Nails and moved 2 shops away, to Shop 20 – Nail bar. Manicures, Pedicures.
- Postnet in Rivonia Village has moved to the right of the new Checkers.
- @Home – opened Thursday 12 December in Rivonia Village between Rosy Posy and CNA – Homeware and Kitchen Appliances, Cookware.
- SPA Esthetique in Rivonia Oriental City – Hair, nails, skin, body. Up the escalators, opposite Planet Fitness.
- Official Watch Outlet in Woodmead Value Mart has become Watch Republic Outlet and moved to Shop K, Upper Level – discounts on brands such as Fossil, Diesel, DKNY, Adidas and Michael Kors.
- Lee Cooper Factory Outlet has replaced "The New EQ Factory Outlet" in Shop T, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – men's and ladies' clothing at factory prices.
- Boutique Bellagio, Shop G34, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Men’s up-market European fashion.
- Builders Warehouse Rivonia is due to move to a massive newly-built mega-shop further north on Rivonia Road, diagonally opposite Chilli Lane, probably early March.
"We had a great time at Chislehurst for our
Baby Shower - we were spoilt for fun and good food", said Lolo Bingwa.
20 ladies arrived laden with gifts for the mum-to-be, Lolo's sister.
After a delicious brunch, champagne and cake accompanied toasts and lots
of laughter. Choose Chislehurst for your next event, under the
lapa and around the pool. Book clubs, kitchen teas, boardroom lunches
and birthday celebrations, we can assure you of a good time in a secure,
private, pretty and peaceful environment.
on 011 803 1351 / 083 271 5958
Restaurant Reviews by
Judith Back to top
** Ghazal, The Square, Sunninghill
I had been there on my own many months ago and was extremely disappointed
with this food. However, my partner suggested we give it another try and
booked. We arrived and were greeted effusively then escorted to our table. The
usual drinks orders were placed and we opted to share their Tandoori Chicken.
To my dismay, the chicken was salty. The usual beautiful flavours of
Tandoori were subsumed. Upon complaining, I was brought a yogurt drink
which also proved to be salty. We paid and left through clouds of smoke
from the smoking area.
Not our best experience and for me a place not to go to again.
Contact Details for Ghazal
***** Saigon, Rivonia Junction, Rivonia Boulevard cor
Mutual Road, Rivonia Back to top
A visit after a very long time caused by the weather. A heavy storm
meant that we missed the memorial ceremony at Wits for Nelson Mandela.
Despite the unusually early hour for dinner, we were greeted promptly and given
a choice of sitting inside or outside (the latter well protected from the
elements). We chose outside and our waiter was prompt in fixing our wobbly
Hot chocolate and a bottle of De Grendel Rosé were
ordered, whilst we pondered the menu. I would recommend the Rosé:
Not only did it have a beautiful colour but it was delightful on the palate and
refreshing. It went well with the food as well. We started with Duck
Spring Rolls, which were a generous portion even for two sharing.
Main courses were the special Chicken Button Mushroom, and Seafood Noodles.
The Chicken proved very peppery and was exchanged for one without pepper.
The mushrooms were large brown ones, not buttons, however the dish was declared
good. The Seafood noodles were very good except I should have asked for
more chilli! The "two chilli" symbol did not signify hot!
Finally, an unusual and very worthwhile indulgence – Indochine Chocolate
Mousse! Utterly blissful and will last us both for a few days.
Dishes start from R45 for starters and R80 for mains. The service and
presentation are excellent. The music was not Vietnamese, being a collection
of instrumental classic pop songs. I recommend Saigon for special
Contact Details for Saigon Vietnamese Restaurant.
Winnie's – where Great Food, Soul and Jazz meet
Experience it yourself: You won't regret it! For bookings please phone 011 656 3059, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
Wendywood Shopping Centre, 1 Daphne St, Wendywood.
Julius says, Nkandla is where Pres. Zuma's chickens come home to roast.
Dr Riaz Wadvalla, Dr Nafeesah Wadvalla
The Bridge Shopping
Centre, Gibson Drive, Buccleuch: 011 656-1090
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-2pm
- Pizza Perfect Woodmead, Shop K, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – Still open in
Morning Glen Mall.
- Indulge Restaurant and Coffee Shop in Rivonia Village – Decadent dining and boutique confectionary.
- Sugo Caffee in Hobart Grove Centre – Coffee shop, starters, salads, light meals, pizza etc.
- Pepa Café – Restaurant in Teasers Centre, 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Rivonia Area Shops).
- AZ-U-R, Shop G21B, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – High End Ladies Clothing, Jewellery, Accessories, bags, Swimwear.
- Victoria Silver & Jewellery, Shop G34, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Jewellery & Accessories.
- Abina's New Look Hair Salon in Rivonia Village – Hairdresser (Ethnic and Caucasian).
- La Diva in Rivonia Area – Beauty Salon: 344 Rivonia Boulevard (was above Teazers, upstairs off the parking lot).
- Transformations Hair Salon in Rivonia Area Shops – Opposite ABSA Bank in Block B, Edenburg Terraces.
- Woolworths Wine + Spirits, Shop G50, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Liquor store.
- SA Top Executive Tailors Union, 329 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia Area Shops – Tailoring, dry cleaning, repairs, laundry. Next to the Shell garage.
10% Net Yield for Managed Student Accommodation in UK
Beat the falling Rand by investing overseas. Guaranteed yields!
Only £35,750 cash input required. Limited availability.
For more info, e-mail Gaby at email@example.com
Funny Language, English...
"I don't subscribe to sweeping generalisations."
–David O'Sullivan, Radio 702, Wed 20 Nov, 05:35."
"See you in December... Oh, it is
December" –David O'Sullivan, Radio 702, 3 Dec 2013.
A Brief History of Rap Music (a Shaggy Dogg Story) (With thanks to Wikipedia for the factual parts) Back to top
Rap music went through three distinct phases. Rap originated in
the 1980s in New York City and Philadelphia, USA, and was originally
largely confined to those two cities.
A second wave of rap music started in 1983–84 with the early records of
Run-D.M.C. and LL Cool J. To distinguish the two schools, original rap
was referred to as "Type A rap music", soon shortened to "A-rap", and the second
wave as "B-rap". Despite increased popularity, B-rap did not gain
widespread acceptance either.
The third wave of rap music, and mainstream breakthrough, came in 1990, dubbed
by Billboard editor Paul Grein as "the year that rap exploded" with groups such
as Public Enemy and Sugarhill Gang, followed later by MC Hammer, Dr Dre, Snoop
Dogg and Shaggy.
It has been argued that in winning widespread public acceptance, rap was dumbed down and lost touch with its roots. Which might explain why
almost all the rap music you hear nowadays is C-rap.
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like
"invoice a customer", "enter bills", receive payments". None of
that confusing "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install,
easy to use. Invoices, bills, bank accounts, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Premier version R3999, Pro R2999 from Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802-2685.
Overheard At The Checkout:
"Did you get that job you were so keen for,
serving diners in the restaurant?"
"Oh yes! My first job! Starting on
Monday! I just can't wait!"