Restaurant Review ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA INSTRUCTOR SMS
or CALL 084 211 8888
Car Service City, diagonally opposite Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Convenient Conference Café:
From a one-hour business meeting for 5, to a week-long indaba for 42
with all audio-visual aids, coffee and food.
5 Dunwoody Shopping Centre, 147 Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
[Saxophone, Violin, Piano, DJ’s, Bands]
[Ages 3 – adults]
Chantie 082 330-6160
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
BA (UCT), BA. HONS (Psychology) (UNISA), MA. (Psychology) (WITS)
PS 0119997 ~ PR 05272033
ADULTS, COUPLES, ADOLESCENTS, EATING DISORDERS, DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, TRAUMA, BEREAVEMENT, PERSONAL
DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
The Health Network
95 11th St, Parkmore
011 784 2903 ~ 083 227 7137
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick: 011 656-0652,
Bryanston Shopping Centre News
Having avoided Bryanston Shopping Centre for some months, we were
surprised at the extensive changes. A whole new parking deck has
been built above the Shell garage, covering what used to be the South
open parking. Most of this parking is now available. Revamping continues inside and a number of major shops
are closed for renovations. First National Bank is
closed until 16 March. Adega, Leatherland, and even Checkers are also
closed at present.
The little boutiques on the west (above Absa) have been decimated,
with only "Lingerie and Leisure" surviving. However, a new crop has sprung up in their place: The Frilly Frog (kids clothing and toys), Hermanna Rush (ladies' clothes and accessories), The Tea Merchant (all
things tea) and Mangar Furniture, Kitchens & Interiors (a lovely
little household knick-knack shop).
The hardy Wedge Rose Florist is still in the centre but has moved
under the South stairs next to the lifts.
Replacing Toni Café, a new cafe has opened on the upper level: "Petits
Fours" with a French theme and delectable-looking cakes.
Full lists of new shops and departures below.
At the other end of Ballyclare Drive, the Total filling station in River Club (99 Ballyclare Drive, between
Coleraine Drive and Sycamore Ave) is actually a small business hub:
There is a convenience shop with a "Mugg & Bean on the Move" for
take-away coffees and snacks. Behind the garage there's a car
wash, a mechanic who fixes all makes of cars, and Casalotti's Pizza Rapido for pizza and pasta.
Who knew? Contact Details for Total Riverclub.
Summer is here! Feeling over-loaded with hair? Let us spruce you up with a
clean cut, Tea Tree Head massage or a colour to hide those grey hairs! Visit us any time from Monday to Sunday: 7 days a week! Dads&Lads special from
Monday to Fridays only, with a 15% discount when you come together! Lower
Level in Sunninghill Village, Sunninghill. Call
011 803 5015 for more info.
On hearing the word "terminator", if the first image that comes to your mind is the moving line that divides day from night,
and not Arnie playing an over-muscular cyborg film character, you must be an earth scientist
of some sort.
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
- Candice Berman fine Art Gallery (Pty) Ltd, Shop 15 opposite the pool shop, Ground in Riverside Shopping Centre – Custom framer and Fine Art Gallery. All framing from sports memorabilia to fine art and photography.
- Zung Lok Chinese Restaurant in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Newly-opened next to Luca's Ristorante.
- Define Your Image (DYI), Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Watches: Police, Timberland, etc. where Rawson Properties was.
- Alexa Young, Clinical Psychologist (see display advert): The Health Network, 95 11th St, Parkmore. Tel. 011 784 2903, 083 227 7137.
- In Bryanston Shopping Centre
- Petits Fours - Milan, Shop 42, Upper Level – Wholesome café style foods and freshly baked delicacies. Breakfast, brunch, lunch and French Style High Teas. Platters and catering.
- Bella Donna, Shop 18, Upper Level – Ladies' fashion boutique. Also on-line.
- The Frilly Frog, Upper Level – Young children's clothing and some toys.
- Hermanna Rush, Shop 35, Upper Level – Fashion, bags and Accessories, Original Ladies' Clothing.
- The Tea Merchant, Shop 36, Upper Level – Loose leaf tea, teapots, cups, accessories – a complete tea solution. Pop in or shop online.
- Mangar Furniture, Kitchens & Interiors, Shop 37, Upper Level – a family business specializing in French Provencal-inspired furniture.
- Wedge Rose Florist has moved – Now under the stairs next to the lifts.
- Sure Lloyds Travel has moved up from the upper shopping level to the First Floor next to Substandard Bank.
"We had a great time at Chislehurst for our
Baby Shower - we were spoilt for fun and good food", said Lolo Bingwa.
20 ladies arrived laden with gifts for the mum-to-be, Lolo's sister.
After a delicious brunch, champagne and cake accompanied toasts and lots
of laughter. Choose Chislehurst for your next event, under the
lapa and around the pool. Book clubs, kitchen teas, boardroom lunches
and birthday celebrations, we can assure you of a good time in a secure,
private, pretty and peaceful environment.
on 011 803 1351 / 083 271 5958
* The Slug and Lettuce, Rivonia Oriental City, Rivonia Boulevard cor
Ninth Avenue, Rivonia Back to top
Fond memories of happy Sunday lunches brought us back to the "Slug".
Sadly, it was not to be.
Having procured wine and Appletiser, and ordered oxtail (a rare
delicacy) we found that, in the spite of the fact that we were in the
non-smoking section at the end of the restaurant furthest from Rivonia
Boulevard, smoke was drifting through the restaurant to us from the
smokers on Rivonia Boulevard. When nothing was done about this, we
called the manager. He stoutly maintained that the smokers were
"outside", did not need to be screened off from the rest of the
restaurant, and that it was perfectly fine for us to breathe their
smoke. We left in high dudgeon. At least he said we did not
need to pay for the drinks –we had not intended to anyway!
*** News Café, Rivonia Village, Rivonia Boulevard cor
Ninth Avenue, Rivonia Back to top
We then walked over the road to the News Cafe, which was as welcoming
as the Slug had been hostile. No oxtail, unfortunately, and we had
quite an appetite by this time. We settled for fish and chips.
The fish was good; the chips inevitably had to be sent back to be "well
done, crispy" as ordered, and still weren't. We would
News Cafe for its friendly service and attention to its customers.
Contact Details for Rivonia News Café.
Julius says, getting donors to commit is so
difficult, it's like pulling hens' teeth...
Dr Riaz Wadvalla, Dr Nafeesah Wadvalla
The Bridge Shopping
Centre, Gibson Drive, Buccleuch: 011 656-1090
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-2pm
Their Metabolic Processes are now History...
Back to top
- Bookdealers of Benmore, Shop G19, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Bookshop: Lease ran out.
- Moreti's Inks n Laser Cartridges in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – All printer cartridges: Can still be contacted on 072 244 1363. Free delivery.
- Rawson Properties, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Real Estate sales and rentals.
- Scrap Therapy, Shop 15, Ground in Riverside Shopping Centre – Scrapbook supplies, workshops, adult & kids classes.
- Silver Style, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – beautiful things and gifts. Earrings and rings, diamonds.
- In Bryanston Shopping Centre
- French Tots, Upper Level – Kids clothing and Toys.
- Jinja Clothing, Shop 32, Upper Level – Fashion & Accessories, Original Ladies' Clothing.
- Pure Glamour Image Stylists, Shop 32A, Upper Level – Gents', ladies' and children's hair. Make-up and styling.
- Kozi Kids, Shop 33, Upper Level – Children's clothing, toys, crocs, shoes, educational toys.
- Bookdealers of Bryanston, Shop 36 – Bookshop. Closed after the fire.
- Anatomy, Shop 37, Upper Level – designer-made Ladies' Fashion & Accessories.
- Country Living Interiors, Shop 37A/103, Upper Level – Home & Décor. Lovely quant things, gifts.
- Country Living Café, Shop 35, 1st Floor – Restaurant & Coffee Shop, above Country Living Interiors (First Floor).
- Bryanston Jewellers, Shop 43/44, Upper Level – Jewellery, watches.
- Impact Hearing, Shop 35, Upper Level – Hearing aids, batteries.
10% Net Yield for Managed Student Accommodation in UK
Beat the falling Rand by investing overseas. Guaranteed yields!
Only £35,750 cash input required. Limited availability.
For more info, e-mail Gaby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funny Language, English...
I'm not a Doctor, but a contact wrote to
thank me for my patients.
Bryanston East's first Parkrun on 25 January was a resounding success with
hundreds of people arriving to take part in the 5km community run. This
community event "reclaimed" the Braamfontein Spruit area for residents to enjoy,
safely and securely, under the watch of ADT, who will be providing security
visibility on an on-going basis. The Bryanston East Community Forum (BECF) will
be assisting Parkrun by ensuring the running route is maintained and in good
condition. The Parkrun will take place from Riverside Park at 08:00 every
Saturday and everyone is welcome to enjoy a safe morning out in your
beautiful open spaces. Contact BECF at Tel: 011 234 2175, Website:
Bryanston East Community Forum.
Information from ADT Security (Chester Missing says that ADT is the
armed wing of the Democratic Alliance).
ALUMINIUM & GLASS SPECIALISTS - GAUTENG
Incorporates the manufacture and installation of windows, doors, shop fronts, louvres and
roller shutter doors, servicing both residential & commercial industries.
Call 011 656 1131 or visit www.zeusalu.co.za
Terminal Incompetence or, The Famous Grouse Back to top
We have become sick of the utter inability of Telkom to keep our
telephone lines working –while charging us for them
all, mind you. For
months at a time we have been reduced to a single
working line, and sometimes none at all. Worse, the dead
line typically give a tone to the person
calling us that sounds as if it is ringing here and we are just not
answering! Eventually a technician comes, works on the lines, and
apparently simply swaps them, because the line that was working, now
doesn't, and one of the ones that didn't, now does (if we are lucky).
The last straw came when the ADSL line was down for four days.
We are now moving our landlines and broadband to Neotel on the premise that
we will save money and get better service (it could hardly be worse). Our phone numbers will
remain the same. We will report back on how it goes.
Yummy Food Delivered for Corporate Breakfasts, Lunches and Functions!!
meals – Chicken (8 dishes), Beef (8 dishes), Fish (5 dishes), Lamb (4
dishes), Vegetarian (10 dishes), Sweets (8 choices). Platters (serving 8-10)
– Breakfasts, Sandwiches, Rolls, Seafood, Sushi, Chicken, Meat, Vegetarian, Combos, Snacks and Sweets.
Delivery fee R90 in the Sandton area. HB Caterers: e-mail or call 011 026 2699 / 082 410 2023.
Overheard at the Science
"Why was Werner Heisenberg’s wife unsatisfied?"
"When he had the time, he didn’t have the energy, and
when he had the position, he didn’t have the momentum."