Restaurant Review ~
Business Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
We are looking for full-time and part-time staff with Hairdressing college qualifications to join our
Sunninghill team of hairstylists. If you are stable, creative, and committed, send your CV to
will be contacted if your
CV is acceptable.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Get Your Business Running Better!
The skills shortage is a big problem! De-skill your business and preserve knowledge by putting your expertise into
computer software, giving step-by-step processes for staff to follow.
Software Africa can help!
e-mail or call 011 802-2685
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Well at Your Next Presentation!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at
18:45. Aspiring speakers are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick: 011 656-0652,
In this month's shopping fix, we have a large crop of new businesses or, at
least, ones that are new to us! Bride & Co and Eurosuit have reopened
after their fire, still in Rivonia Crossing 2, but now in the Upper Level around
the back, making them more difficult to spot. A new cafe has opened with
them. Substandard Bank has moved from The Square, Sunninghill, to smaller
premises in Chilli Lane, to be replaced by a Cash Converters –a sign of the
We now have a pool club (the game, not swimming) up in the top of The
Square, open until 2 a.m.! Ritual Café off the main parking area
in The Square has been replaced by an organically based eatery, Green
Origins. Further north in Sunhill Shopping Centre, The Wishbone
sells high quality poultry and fresh free-range eggs.
Lecturer: Someone who talks in someone else's
Dr Riaz Wadvalla, Dr Nafeesah Wadvalla
The Bridge Shopping
Centre, Gibson Drive, Buccleuch: 011 656-1090
Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-2pm
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- DI Graphic Designs, Shop D09, D: Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre – Inside Bryanston Graphics & Framing. Marketing & Advertising: Posters, flyers, business cards
and much else.
- Bride & Co and Eurosuit, Upper Level in Rivonia Crossing 2 –
Reopened! Bridal wear and for special occasions. Men's suits. Sales and hire. Oleg Cassini.
- Caffé Rossini, Shop P4, Upper Level in Rivonia Crossing 2 – To the left inside the foyer of Bride & Co. Breakfast, light lunches, tea and coffee while you discuss that wedding dress. Catering and baking, including wedding cakes to clients requirements and colour themes.
- the Duck 'n Dive, Building B in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Eatery, at Rivonia Barnyard Theatre, Craft beer, gourmet food freshly prepared daily, coffee, breakfast, lunch. Upstairs section for private meetings or parties. Open Mon-Sat 08:00-19:00.
- Nifty Novelty, 1st Floor in The Square Sunninghill – Adult Shop.
- Koreana Restaurant, 1st Floor in The Square Sunninghill – Korean Restaurant.
- BallBreakers, 1st Floor in The Square Sunninghill – Pool tables, fully catered bar, jukebox with a variety of music.
Open until 2 a.m.
- Kutu Stationers, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Stationery of all kinds.
- Sausage Saloon, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Hot dogs, Russians and chips, cheese grillers, lamb & beef wors, burgers, free sauces.
- Glam Cosmetics, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Cosmetics.
- Green Origins, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Simple, honest food with wholesome ingredients. On-site bakery. Pastries, pies, sandwiches, salads, daily meals and Indian curries. Open Mon-Fri 06:30-18:30, Sat 07:00 -13:00, Sundays 08:00-13:00.
- Shisa Nyama, Shop LG05, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – "A time to braai". Choose and weigh your meat and they braai it for you. Chops, steak, ribs, steak, offal, boerewors, chicken, etc.
- Beauty Zone South Africa, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Mainly ethnic beauty products.
- ICT Integrators, Shop G15, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill –
Fix, buy, sell, trade in, or trade up all makes of Laptop & PC. Free diagnostics and No Fix - No Fee policy.
- Cash Converters Sunninghill, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Second-hand shop: Buy unwanted goods and sell almost anything. Cash advances.
Replaced Standard Bank.
- The Inky Shop, Shop 35, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Original and alternative cartridges for inkjet, copier and laser toner machines. In-store refill service using professional quality refilling technology. Five inkjet refills gets you the sixth one free.
- Standard Bank and ATM, Shop 38, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – A typical Substandard Bank.
- Pressed In Time, in Sunhill Shopping Centre
– Washing, Drying and Ironing for Households, Restaurants, Commercial and
Domestic. Coin-operated Washers and Driers.
- The Wishbone, in Sunhill Shopping Centre
– High quality poultry including barn-raised grain-fed chicken, free-range
quail and duck, and fresh free-range eggs.
- Just Desserts, in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Sweet treats.
- Darling You Boutique, Shop 34A, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Ladies' fashion.
NOW OPEN at 16 Waterval Crescent, Woodmead!
Over 8000 items to choose from: Toys, gifts, stationery, kitchenware, houseware, plasticware, multimedia, car sound and much more! Open Mon-Fri: 09:00-17:00 (Fri closed 12:00-14:00), Sat: 9:00-17:00, Sun: 10:00 - 14:00.
Tel: 011 656 6068, email:
saIes@osmans.co.za Group web site
by Judith Back to top
**** Doppio Zero, Shop 42, Chilli Lane Centre,
After a good walk on the Sandspruit and a really great shower, lunch seemed
like a good idea. So we set off for Chilli Lane and chose Doppio Zero as
our destination. The restaurant was busy but did have a place for us in
the warm. With the high ceiling, it is quite noisy, so, if you want a
quieter meal, pre-book and ask for the area outside of the main one.
Our waiter was Linnet and her name provoked some thought. Linnets are
northern European songbirds and we failed to ask her how she came by this
spelling of her name! We ordered 5 Roses tea and a glass of Merlot for
drinks. Tea is such good value especially on a cold day! To eat, we
ordered the Caprese salad and the Prego Pollo.
The Prego Pollo was served with rather floppy chips but the bread looked
good. The first attempt at the Caprese arrive smothered in balsamic
vinegar, which completely destroyed it. However, Linnet was on the ball
and realised that I was not happy. The replacement was excellent.
Beautiful slices of Buffalo Mozzarella with great pesto and fresh salad.
All in all, attentive but not invasive service, food for Banters and plenty
for another meal in both our cases! Definitely a good place for a cold day
and we will go again.
Contact Details for Doppio Zero.
Funny Language, English...
Be honest now: Have
you ever tried to clip gems together with a gemclip?
Commercial Fats-Oil-and-Grease Trap Cleaning and Installation
Commercial kitchens, restaurants, hospitals, clinics, offices, and residential complexes! Do you have a grease trap as required by the Municipal by-laws? Is your
grease trap being maintained regularly? We do installation, maintenance & cleaning.
call Fabien 072 445 4560 / 087 802 6324. Web.
- The Hustler Shop in The Square Sunninghill
– Just the place to buy a Hustler! Actually, an Adult Shop.
- Fashion Queen in The Square Sunninghill –
Chinese Ladies clothes and bags. Solly, we spik no Inglish and not have telephone.
- Ritual Café in The Square Sunninghill
– Light meals, contemporary ambience
- Standard Bank in The Square Sunninghill –
replaced by Cash Converters: A sign of the times? The ATM remains.
- Babynook + Kids, Shop 14 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Your quality budget baby/kids shop.
- Style Kidz Hairdresser, Shop 35 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill
– Children's hairdresser.
- Sincere Chinese Restaurant, Shop 2 in Sunhill Shopping Centre.
- Evening Star Laundromat in Sunhill Shopping Centre –
replaced by another.
- Kai Flora, Shop G15 in The Square Sunninghill
– sadly, another florist gone.
- Jetline e.com Print, Shop LG05 in The Square Sunninghill
– printing of all sorts.
- Farmer's Pantry in The Square Sunninghill – Wholesome goodness. Was in Mezzanine.
- Eden Nail and Beauty Salon, Shop LG09 in The Square Sunninghill.
- Marsha J Jewellery, Shop D09b in Hobart Grove Centre – elegant jewellery, silver, gemstones, genuine pearls.
- de Waard and Associates Counselling Practice, Shop B06 in Hobart Grove Centre – appears to have closed - phone and email do not work.
That Old Black Magic
Julius went to the
doctor with a set of perplexing symptoms. Baffled by the results of the
tests, the GP asked:
"Have you had this before?"
"Well, you've got it again!"
Versus Paint Specialists for Free Paint Advice
Shop 14, Morning Glen Mall, inside
Sensational Blinds & Flooring, Lower Level next to the escalators.
Free colour consultations and paint advice (by appointment only): Call
011 885 3136.
Green Tip: "Christmas in July" at Rietfontein Nature Reserve
Back to top
Christmas is coming again! Join us for an awesome special day! Prizes for best dressed table, dressed couple and children.
Date : Sunday 19th July
Donation : R 100 per person – Children under 12 are free
Bookings : Essential - by 13th July
to Friends of Rietfontein
email@example.com Tel: 082 552 0454.
Charity : FreeMe Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre (proceeds of the day)
Tables/chairs are available for 6, 8 or 10 persons – Picnic option available too.
Wanted: Dynamic Software Tele-Salesperson!
–the popular and easy Accounting Package– and the Autodesk range
of products –AutoCAD and the Suites, the world's most popular and
versatile engineering, architectural and artistic design software.
Basic salary, generous commission, and the prospect of growing with the company.
e-mail us your CV.
Recall of some Toyota, Nissan and Honda models to fix airbags
South African owners of more than 240 000 vehicles are likely to be affected by the
recall programmes launched in May by the three Japanese motor manufacturers,
related to potentially defective airbags. There have not been any reports of any
deaths or injuries in South Africa but at least five deaths overseas. It was previously reported that the
airbags had inflators that could explode, expelling shards of metal and plastic.
If you have a recent vehicle from one of these manufacturers,
Read More Here.
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like
"invoice a customer", "enter bills", "receive payments". None of
that technical "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install,
easy to use. Bank accounts, bills, invoices, customer and supplier lists, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Premier version R3999, Pro R2999, from Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802 2685.
Overheard at the Checkout:
"Yes, I know I did say 'Strip facing me',
but I meant that you should swipe your Smart Shopper card with the magnetic
strip on my side --not what you did!"