Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Open 7 Days A Week. Summer is here and we offer "FRESH HAIRCUTS" to keep you COOL everyday. Come and have a smooth, clean facial shave by our Stylist Sam! He is excellent with the cut-throat blade, so quick and expertly done. We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015 for more information. Down the escalators in the
Main Block to the Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
Welcome to Chilli on Top Shopping Centre
It is rare to find a new shopping centre opening in the area we cover, so Chilli on Top Shopping Centre
makes a welcome change. The centre is situated on a steep slope just off the
corner of Rivonia and Leeuwkop Roads in Sunninghill, almost an annexe to the
larger and older Chilli Lane Shopping Centre, and shares its website.. It is on
the opposite side of Rivonia Road from Chilli Lane, across from the big new
As centres go, it is a small one, with only
seven businesses spread over three levels. However, most of them are big
shops: On the upper level, McDonald's, Dis-Chem Pharmacy, and a Spur. On the
lower or ground level, Food Lovers Market, with Seattle Coffee Company
conveniently located at its exit. The lower (basement) level, fronting onto
Rivonia Road, has Tiger Wheel & Tyre, and Liquor City.
The McDonald's is on an island in the upper car park, up one flight of stairs. Not accessible by
wheelchair until the lift has been installed, but the Drive-Thru is at car-park
level. The Shawnee Spur seems to have an excellent attitude to customers. The
ATMs –ABSA, Nedbank, and Standard Bank-- are all on the upper level.
The Food Lovers
Market, while a bit cramped in places, offers fruit, vegetables, fish,
meat, cheese, eggs, freshly baked rolls, buns, deli, sticky treats and cakes
from their own bakery. At the exit, the eager Seattle Coffee Company
offers the chance to sit down and relax before taking the groceries to the car.
There is free parking on all three levels, with uncontrolled entrances and
exits, and car guards in attendance.
Picking a medical service is difficult in South
Africa: Do you choose which
doctor to see, or choose a witch doctor to see?
NOW OPEN at 16 Waterval Crescent, Woodmead!
Over 8000 items to choose from: Toys, gifts, stationery, kitchenware, houseware, plasticware, multimedia, car sound and much more! Open Mon-Fri: 09:00-17:00 (Fri closed 12:00-14:00), Sat: 9:00-17:00, Sun: 10:00 - 14:00.
Tel: 011 656 6068, email:
saIes@osmans.co.za Group web site
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Vet & Pet has become Vetsmart, Shop 34, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Veterinary-approved pet foods, products and accessories including basic treatment products, chews, toys, beds, clothing, leads, collars, and bird accessories.
- McDonald's Chilli on Top, Upper Level in Chilli on Top Shopping Centre Sunninghill – American fast "food", junk food. In the upper car park.
- The Coffee Stop at Builders Warehouse near Chilli on Top Shopping Centre Sunninghill.
- Liquor City, Lower Level in Chilli on Top Shopping Centre Sunninghill – The place to buy anything to drink, mostly alcoholic.
- Tiger Wheel & Tyre, Lower Level in Chilli on Top Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Wheel and tyre fitment centre offering branded tyres.
- The Crazy Store, Shop 11, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Specialized gifts. Reading glasses, Sunglasses, novels, birthday cards. Party things, bathroom, sewing, picture frames, baby range, candles. Dog and cat toys, gardening, braai, hardware, kitchen. Plasticware, sweets, glassware, clocks, boys & girls toys.
- Chrome Supplements & Accessories, Shop 35, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Nutrition: Weight Loss, Muscle Building, Performance, Recipes. Supplementation: Weight Loss, Muscle Building, General, Performance, Supplement Guides, Reviews, Buy Supplements. Training Workouts.
- MNSP Security Projects, Shop 35, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – CCTV, electric fencing, garage motors, gate motors, alarm systems, access control, intercoms, remotes, welding, fingerprint systems.
- Fouche Motors Sandton near The Wedge, Morningside – High end new car sales: Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, exotics, double-cabs. c/o Alon and Rivonia Roads, directly opposite The Wedge.
- ABSA, Shop L48, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Banking, Forex & ATM.
- Nicci, Shop L14, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Boutique. Ladies' fashion: clothes, bags, shoes and accessories. Opened 8 October 2015.
- Poetry, Shop L43, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – For sophisticated women who want beautiful clothing, shoes, accessories, bath and body products, confectionery and homeware such as the locally made Wonki Ware crockery.
- Tread and Millar, Shop U13A, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston –
Men's and ladies shoes.
- Barclay & Clegg, Shop U41C, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – lingerie, bras, briefs, thongs, corsets, basques, nightwear, international brands, bridal lingerie, sports bras, shapewear, maternity, bra accessories, hosiery, sleepwear, swimwear, plus size lingerie.
- Absolute Pets has become Bryanston Pet Boutique, Shop L05, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Vet store for dogs, cats, birds, etc. Food and accessories. Super Vet, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Iams, Hills.
Wanted: Dynamic Software Tele-Salesperson!
–the popular and easy Accounting Package– and the Autodesk range
of products – AutoCAD and the Suites, the world's most popular and
versatile engineering, architectural and artistic design software.
Basic salary, generous commission, and the prospect of growing with the company.
e-mail us your CV.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Thai Cafe, Cambridge Crossing, Paulshof: 15 January 2016
Now that we have a Guide Dog Puppy in training, we have a new challenge --explaining to people why she has to come into restaurants with us! The
staff at Thai Cafe were great and the other guests came to talk with us; Tango
got lots of attention.
Sarah was a great waiter and organised our Leopard's Leap Merlot and
Appletiser speedily, plus some water for Tango! Leopard's Leap is such a
good Merlot and went very well with the Basil Duck stir fry and the Massaman
Curry. The Chicken Cashew Nut and noodles was also praised. All in all, a great experience which we will repeat!
Contact Details for Thai Café.
The expression "Fight or Flight" boils down to "Aggress or Egress".
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like
"invoice a customer", "enter bills", "receive payments". None of
that technical "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install,
easy to use. Bank accounts, bills, invoices, customer and supplier lists, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Premier 2016 version R4799, Pro only R3599. Up to 25% discount on upgrades from Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802 2685.
- 310 Sustainable Eatery in Cambridge Crossing – Restaurant, sourcing in-season food from local environmentally-friendly sources.
- Epsom Downs Dream Nails, Shop 07 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Nail enhancements. Manicures, pedicures, body massage, facials, waxing and waning.
- Guzzet Couture, Shop 11 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Bespoke clothing: Wedding gowns, Matric dresses, traditional attire.
- Rage, Shop 12 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Shoes. They aren't as cross as they sound.
- Optimum Nutrition, Shop 23 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Sport Nutrition and Gym Nutrition.
- The Inky Shop, Shop 35 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Original and alternative cartridges for inkjet, copier and laser toner machines.
- BT Games, Shop L48 in Nicolway Bryanston – Computer and video games for Playstation, Xbox, and Wii.
- Nicolway NAP Living, Shop L14 in Nicolway Bryanston – Individually, locally selected items from décor, clothes and accessories to stunning furniture pieces. Olive oil hand cream, silver, leather and pewter jewellery, biofires, comfy linen sofas, driftwood mirrors and glass light balls.
- Rugs Original, Shop L43 in Nicolway Bryanston – stockist of Persian, Oriental and modern Belgian carpets and rugs.
- Precioux, Shop U13a in Nicolway Bryanston – Designer fashions, jewellery and accessories.
- Stolen Muse, Shop U41c in Nicolway Bryanston – Ladies' wear and accessories.
Julius says he keeps his dog on a short leech.
Green Tip: Why sterilising your pets is important
Back to top
Spaying one dog can prevent the births of an astounding 67,000 dogs in six
years. Spaying one cat can prevent 370,000 cats from being born in seven years. Sterilising your pets can help to
prevent the births of thousands of unwanted animals in years to come. Make sure
you do the right thing and sterilise your pets. The Sandton
and Eastern Metro SPCA offers sterilisation services to the general public.
Contact them to find out more.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R133/month + VAT!
6,265 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Doing Good: Donate Hair for Cancer Sufferers
Back to top
Cancer patients often undergo chemotherapy, causing their hair to fall out.
Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is running a "Kindest Cut" campaign: CANSA
would like to receive ponytails in order to make wigs for little girls and
others undergoing cancer treatment. Your donation can help someone feel beautiful again.
Ponytails should be 25 cm or longer.
Overheard at the Checkout:
"What did you get Pete for Christmas?"
"It was tricky! I was going to get him a
book, but then I found out that he already had one!