Restaurant Review ~
Green Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Get Your Business Running Better!
The skills shortage is a big problem! De-skill your business and preserve knowledge by putting your expertise into
computer software, giving step-by-step processes for staff to follow.
Software Africa can help!
e-mail or call 082
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
You Can Speak in Public Without "Ums", "Ahs" and "You-Knows"!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at
18:45. Aspiring speakers are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts” even in Winter,
when we warm you up with a cup of coffee! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
A FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
How would you like to get up to 5% of your money back when shopping at
You can get 1% back on your total spend at Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Shoprite
Liquor, Game, Dion Wired, Neotel, Cell C, MTN, Vodacom, and GAP. You get 2% at
Microsoft's On-Line store, Weleda Pharmacies, Tiger Wheel & Tyre, Sportsman's
Warehouse, Spur Restaurants, Luca's Ristorante Italiano (Rivonia Crossing 2), The
Hairdressing Team (Cramerview Shops), Wedge Optometrists, Dis-Chem, eBooks.com
on-line shop, Best Western Hotels, and Halfway House Vets. There is 3%
back at Toys 'R' Us, Babies 'R' Us, Hirsch's and The Golfer's Club, 4% at
Lyoness Cafe and Piguet Kahn Jewellers (Thrupps Centre), and 5% at the Blue
Bulls Supporters Club and the Love Cricket Supporters.
You also get between one and 15 "shopping points" per R1000 spend.
Shopping Points can later be redeemed against special offers, typically with
values around R100.
This loyalty card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the
Global Shopping Community. Did we mention that it is free? Would you like one?
please click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject), and we will reply with
your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Even with high SPF
sunscreen, older skin develops unattractive brown spots from sun
exposure. Get younger, brighter and even looking skin in just a
treatment or 2. AUTUMN SPECIAL: 50% OFF on brown spot/pigmentation
treatment until 30th June 2016. T & C's apply.
your FREE consultation now.
The Laser Suite, 1st Floor, Virgin Active Complex, 3 Cross Place, Bryanston. Call Maria: 083 254 1447
Every bicycle shop needs a good "Spokesman".
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Real Kung Fu, Shop 73, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Chinese Restaurant and Sushi bar. Also soups, Curry, rice, noodle dishes, and tempura. Sushi Buffet R160/person. Catering. Open 11:00-21:30 every day.
- Tropical Gyro and Greek Foods, Shop LG05, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Greek wraps, chicken, burgers, chips, T-bones and lamb chops. Baklava is yummy! Prices very reasonable. Free Delivery within 5km.
- Collection, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Ladies dress shop now open.
- H20 International Peter Place, Shop 20, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Bottled water.
- Absolute Pets, Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Vet food store for dogs, cats, birds, etc. Food and accessories. Super Vet, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Iams, Hills.
- 1 Stop Nutrition, Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Sports supplements and other stuff to mess with your body, at remarkable prices. Open Mon-Fri 8:00-17:00.
- TOMS Rivonia, Building B in Rivonia Crossing 2 – "The Only Music Shop". Musical instruments of all kinds.
- Safari Outdoor, Building B in Rivonia Crossing 2 – A vast shop containing everything for hunting and camping: Guns, ammunition, airguns, knives, binoculars, tents, clothes, watches, wind meters, even beard care (who wants to shave on Safari?).
- Citroen Rivonia, Building B in Rivonia Crossing 2 – French cars.
- The Wishbone has moved out of Sunhill Shopping Centre and now delivers weekly to your door in Sunninghill: High quality poultry including barn-raised grain-fed chicken, free-range quail and duck, and fresh free-range eggs.
Desert Sands Persian Carpets & Restorations
* All kinds of Genuine Handmade Persian carpets available * Specialised
cleaning and repairs done by Iranian expert * Direct importers from Iran for best prices!
call 011 463-7770 or 083 376-0498, or
by Judith Back to top
**** Milhaus Food & Wine Bar, Kyalami on Main Shopping Centre, R55
Kyalami Main Road corner Dytchley Rd
Two very hungry people left a seminar in Midrand and stopped off at this
shopping centre in search of lunch! We first tried Rocomama's but the
noise and lack of attention drove us out. Their loss was Milhaus' gain –and
ours! Again a restaurant with a view back south over Sandton. It is also a
very creative one!
They do a "Flight of Wine" to introduce you to their extensive range of wines
for R50! I should have written my choices down. They were all
excellent white wines. My partner had a fresh Strawberry juice which smelt
wonderful. He had their hake and chips whilst I had their French Burger.
This had to be sent back as the menu did not indicate that it came smothered in
sweet sauces. The sauceless one was perfectly Bleu and had a good salad
Clever was our very courteous waiter. This is worth going to again for
a special occasion.
milhaus.co.za/contact-us, Reservations: 011 466 0128.
Wisdom from the Internet
According to an Internet
comment, "dogs were bread from wolves".
--They failed to say whether white, brown, wholewheat, or rye.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R190/month!
5,988 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
No Longer Functioning:
Back to top
- Kiyota Sushi, Shop 73, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Restaurant and Sushi bar. Now "Real Kung Fu" Chinese Restaurant.
- GoodFellas Barbershop, Shop 04 in Coachman's Crossing – Men’s hairdresser.
- Smooch, Shop 20 in Coachman's Crossing
– Frozen yoghurt experience.
- Sofisticlean Dry Cleaners in Coachman's Crossing – Dry cleaning, tailoring, laundry, dying, shoe repairs, curtain cleaning, carpet cleaning machine.
- Angelo's Kitchen in Coachman's Crossing – Italian Restaurant and take-away.
- HighStreet 99, Shop 67 in Morning Glen Mall – Wigs, Hair extensions, after-care products and accessories. Was Upper Level next to Headhunters.
- The Absolutely Fabulous Video Store 2 in Grayston Shopping Centre – DVD Hire. Still open in
90 Degrees on Rivonia.
- Red Auto (Pty) Ltd, Shop 1 in Sandton Court – Auto Broking services: Exotic and other used cars.
- Chrysler Jeep Dodge Sandton, Shop 2 in Sandton Court – New and used cars and commercial vehicles.
- Grayston Pet Boutique in Grayston Shopping Centre – Vet food store for dogs, cats, birds, etc. Food and accessories.
- Xtreme Nutrition in Grayston Shopping Centre – Sports supplements.
- Pixel Foundry in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Advertising, photographic agent. Was in Building B.
- Pure Pix Portraiture in Rivonia Crossing 2 – Was in Building B.
- Shisa Nyama, Shop LG05 in The Square Sunninghill – "A time to braai". Choose and weigh your meat and they braai it for you - was in Mezzanine.
Wanted: Dynamic Software Tele-Salesperson!
–the popular and easy Accounting Package– and the Autodesk range
of products – AutoCAD and the Suites, the world's most popular and
versatile engineering, architectural and artistic design software.
Basic salary, generous commission, and the prospect of growing with the company.
e-mail us your CV.
The Mall of Africa opened yesterday in Waterfall City, Midrand, Gauteng. It is
the largest shopping mall to be built in Africa in a single phase, with a total
retail area of 131,000 square metres, and a gross area of 550,000 square metres.
Many of the shops have opening specials, and traffic congestion has been
reported as the "Crawl of Africa", while inside it seems to have been
the "Maul of Africa".
There appear to be five levels of
parking, some 24 entrances, and two shopping levels, confusingly called Levels 3
and 5. If your physical fitness routine involves walking long distances
around huge malls together with vast crowds, this will probably suit you well.
The mall's website map is at
www.mallofafrica.co.za/mall-map, not interactive as claimed.
Julius says that, "for all intensive purposes",
Arms deal = arm steal.
How to cook tofu: Throw it in the bin. Fry some bacon.
Please Give R10 to Guide Dogs
for the Blind! SMS 'see' to 38051
Near the Checkout
"This new cell
phone is advertised as 'water-resistant' --what does that mean?"
"It does get wet, but it
doesn't want to."