Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
Changes in Sunninghill
On a recent tour through Sunninghill, we were alarmed at the number of
restaurants that have gone, several not to be replaced (yet?). Times must
be bad when a Wimpy closes, but that has happened in Chilli Lane.
Also gone from there: Curry Delhi (we'll miss the pun) and Kung Fu
The Square has lost Green Origins – they did try, but presumably not
In Sunninghill Village, The Laughing Buddha has replaced Fusion
Café. Another sad loss there is "The Shunting Yard and Portas Deli"
which, in addition to the coffee shop and delicatessen, sold wonderful model
trains. I suppose we just didn't buy enough of them.
PizzaCassO is surviving in Sunhill Shopping Centre, but has closed in Wendywood
Shopping Centre, a centre that is gradually dying.
On the positive side, a Pizza Del Forno has opened in Chilli on Top.
Furnished Garden Cottage/Apartment to Let Now in
Large north-facing. Bedroom with en suite full bathroom. Split-level lounge/dining area. Kitchen, patio, garden and carport. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including washing). Close to shops and bus routes. To Let for one person or two. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
"Doc, what actually is the function of the
"Well, its main function, once patients pass middle age, is to make money for
urologists like me."
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- S and C Liquor Store has become Sunhill Liquors in Sunhill Shopping Centre – All types of drinks. Free delivery in Sunninghill. Open Mon-Sat 08:00-20:00, Sun 08:00-15:00.
- Friends for Life Pet Shop (now Shop LL08) has swapped shops with The Baker's Box baking and decorating supplies (now Shop LL17), Basement in Sunninghill Village.
- Cartridge Depot, Shop 23, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Suppliers of refills, re-manufactured and new printer cartridges. A4 printer paper. Opened 1 August 2016.
- NAZ Fashion & Accessories, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Ladies' clothing.
- candi&co, Shop 39, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Hair salon specialising in ethnic hair.
- Pizza Del Forno, Shop 05, Upper Level in Chilli on Top Shopping Centre Sunninghill – original wood-burning oven. Pizza, pasta, pasta al forno, salads, focaccia, oven-roasted chicken, soft drinks.
- The Tobacco Shop, Shop 07B, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, hubbly bubblies, tobacco, pipes, and (eventually) lung cancer.
- Dzuvha Hair, Nail and Beauty Salon, Shop LG11, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Mainly ethnic hair.
- Lanceria, Shop LG10, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Beautiful and affordable ladies' underwear.
- Time 4 Me Beauty, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Gel Nails, Gelish, Facials, Waxing, Massages, Manicures & Pedicures.
- 7-Eleven Convenience Store Sunninghill has become Miapoint Convenience Store Sunninghill, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – All household essentials and groceries. Charcoal, firewood.
- 7-Eleven Liquor Sunninghill has become Miapoint Blue Bottle Liquor, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Bottle Store: Complete range of liquor.
- Informal "Restaurant" @ Wendywood (Spar), Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Braai: chicken 'n pap, chicken 'n chips, steak 'n pap, russian, chips, cold drinks, etc. On the deck left of the Post Office.
- Sunninghill Curtains & Blinds, Shop G18, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Curtains, pelmets, drapes, cushions, decorative rods/rails, blinds, pillows, custom headboards & upholstery. Measure, supply, manufacture and install all kinds of curtains, blinds, upholstery. Curtain alterations & repairs.
- Sunninghill Skin Care is now Sunhill Beauty Spa, Shop 11 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Face treatments, body treatments, nail enhancements, hand & foot, tinting, waxing, safe tanning, laser hair removal.
- Cell Zone ICT Integrators, Shop 15C in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Cell phone repairs and accessories.
- Barbell Bullies, Shop LL10, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Fitness experts. Qualified trainers and coaches: powerlifting/weightlifting, strength & conditioning coaching, sport specific training, sports injury & pre-/post-op rehabilitation, personal training, weight loss/gain, competition preparation, nutritional advice.
- Pace & Power, Shop LL12, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Supplements. Inside FightFit Militia.
- Silver Moon has become The Hanger, Shop G03, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Ladies' and Gents' clothing in adjacent shops.
- Karan's Spice has become Saravan's Spice & Prayer, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Spice, Masala, grains, savouries, baking products, samoosas, soya, chilli sauce, prayer goods.
- The Laughing Buddah, Shop G09, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Contemporary cuisine. Quality food at affordable prices.
- The Kitchen, Shop G40, North Wing in Sunninghill Village – Coffee shop and delicatessen.
- Nifty Novelty has become Naughty and Nice Adult Boutique, 1st Floor in The Square Sunninghill – Raunchy DVDs, adult toys, naughty magazines and stuff.
- Melissa's Mantra, Shop 22, Ground in Rivonia Village – Food, home, gifting.
- Debonairs Pizza, Ground in Rivonia Village – Restaurant: Pizza, stacks, subs, Juices, Soft drinks.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Perron, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston: 11 November 2016
A venture into Mexico on a dark and rainy night proved to be very enchanting.
They were, technically, full, but the highly
obliging Shelton managed to create a table for us by taking a table away from a
couple who had two. The Villieria wine was very good and the Appletiser suited as usual. Meals
were Fish Taco - proclaimed excellent and Levanta La Muertos - a wonderful
tomato cocktail of seafood. Totally perfect food and great ambience. Shelton
proved a great waiter. Great venue for the young at heart and party people!
Contact Details for Perron Mexican Restaurant.
Funny Language, English...
According to radio reports, sewage spills from
Johannesburg's dysfunctional Northern Works sewage purification works are
polluting the "Yuck-sky" river.
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like
"invoice a customer", "enter bills", "receive payments". None of
that technical "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install,
easy to use. Bank accounts, bills, invoices, customer and supplier lists, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Premier 2016 version R4799, Pro only R3599. Up to 25% discount on upgrades from Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802 2685.
- Wimpy, Shop 10 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Fast Food Restaurant: Breakfast, Coffee, Milkshakes, Burgers, Sandwiches, Ice Cream, Waffles, Salads, Grills and Desserts.
- Green Origins in The Square Sunninghill – Simple, honest food with wholesome ingredients. On-site bakery. Pastries, pies, sandwiches, salads, daily meals and Indian curries.
- Fusion Café, Shop G09 in Sunninghill Village – Contemporary cuisine. Strictly Halaal. Quality food at affordable prices. Sit-down, catering, platters.
- PizzaCassO Wendywood in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Pizzas, regular or large, from R45 to R90. Salads, Foccacia, desserts. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
- Kung Fu Kitchen, Shop 39 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – take away and sit-down oriental Restaurant, party and function catering: Sushi, stir-fry, sweet & sour, rice noodle, fried noodles, teppanyaki. Open Mon - Sat: 10:00 -22:00, Sun 10:00-20:00.
- Curry Delhi, Shop 36 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Indian Restaurant.
- The Shunting Yard and Portas Deli, Shop G40 in Sunninghill Village – Quality Model Trains (Marklin, Faller, Trix), coffee shop and delicatessen.
- Nuevo Hair Salon, Shop LG11 in The Square Sunninghill – Mainly ethnic hair.
- Marlee in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – "Bling".
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing in The Square Sunninghill – label.m professional haircare. Caucasian hair.
- Glam Cosmetics in The Square Sunninghill – Cosmetics.
- Beauty Zone South Africa, Shop LG05A in The Square Sunninghill – Mainly ethnic beauty products.
- Just Desserts in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Sweet treats. Cakes, cupcakes, dessert and general yummy-ness.
- Barista Emporium, Shop LL12 in Sunninghill Village – Coffee and Health bar inside Fightfit Militia (or, as the centre's web page calls it: "Fightfit Malisha").
Do you Need Student Accommodation for 2017?
Large north-facing bedroom with
shared bathroom. Shared lounge, dining room, kitchen, patio, garden and
parking. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including washing). Close to shops and bus routes. To Let from 1
January 2017 for one person. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
A Piece of Old High
Tekkie Back to top
Julius says that while running a country is not a
piece of hake, it's not rocket surgery either.
Builders Warehouse Tips
Builders Warehouse has
seventeen things to do to secure your home before you go on holiday,
followed by a helpful list of things to check before you leave. They also have a DIY tip on making a secret compartment to conceal your laptop or
other valuables. We did something similar but forgot where we had hidden the
valuables and had to unpack most of the cupboard to find them! Our advice
is that you always make a note of where you hide valuables. Of course, you
want to hide the note somewhere safe where burglars can't find it...
Fun Website for Nerds
If you are excited by science, interested in how things work, and don't mind a long read and some mild bad
language, look at Tim Urban's website, Wait But Why. Just a few of the many articles we liked:
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R190/month!
5,910 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
At the Checkout:
at the till for me while I get a 'Star'!"
Do you want to become a Sheriff?"