Restaurant Review ~
Fitness Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
It has been claimed that the unstated motto of cats is, "when in doubt,
wash". It could well be claimed that the motto of shopping centre owners
is, "when in doubt, revamp".
At Cambridge Crossing,
Paulshof, a major rebuilding exercise is getting started: All shops below
Fishaways have closed (list below) and that lower section is being demolished: OTG Bar and
Kitchen has moved from the now-stripped section to the top of the centre, next
to Thai Café. A new entrance is being opened through the car park. We
await developments with interest.
The long-awaited changes to
The Wedge, Morningside
are finally underway with the
boarding up of various areas, and the excavation of the upper level carpark. You can no longer drive to the upper level to
get to Piza e Vino Restaurant or Morningside Dispensary (who decided not to move
to 90 Degrees on Rivonia), but have to walk up the stairs, or go the long way
around using the lift on the north side.
Your choices of gym have narrowed, with the closure of SWEAT 1000 both in Nicolway Bryanston and
Morningside Shopping Centre.
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like "invoice a customer", "enter bills", "receive payments". None of
that technical "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install, easy to use. Bank accounts, bills, invoices, customer and supplier lists, useful graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Premier 2017 version R4999, Pro only R3499. Up to 20% discount on upgrades from Software Africa: e-mail or call 011 802 6440.
The charity "Doctors Without Borders" needs your
donations. Please donate one if you have a spare border (or even a shrubbery)...
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Off The Grid (OTG) Bar and Kitchen, has moved from the bottom to the top of the centre, now in Shop 03 in Cambridge Crossing – Lively pub and restaurant. Smoking area available.
- Desert Sands Persian Rugs has moved from Coachman's Crossing to Bryanston Organic Market (Michael Mount School), Culross Road, Bryanston: Open every Thursday & Saturday. Quality hand cleaning and repairs of all Persian carpets, unbeatable prices on all new Persian carpets.
- Goof Rivonia has changed hands and become a Haupt Swimming School, in Kinetic Sports Centre.
- Goof Bryanston has changed hands and become Quick Strokes Swimming School (256 Bryanston Drive) near Riverside Shopping Centre.
- We now list Social on Main near Nicolway Bryanston – Restaurant, bar, cocktail bar.
- We now list The Baron Bryanston (On Main) near Nicolway Bryanston – Craft beer on tap. Steak Tuesdays. Half Price Cocktails for ladies Friday until 5pm.
- Keedo Kids, Shop U31, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Girls', boys' and babies' clothing and accessories, made in South Africa.
- Woolworths Liquor, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Liquor store.
- Biltong-R-Us, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – large variety of different flavours biltong, chilli bites, dry wors and cabanossi.
- Burgerack, Shop G05-06, Ground in Coachman's Crossing
– Ribs, craft burgers (whatever they are), waffles. Catering for year-end parties.
- 3@1, Shop G03, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Postal business communication: courier, rubber stamps, graphic design, photocopy & print, binding. Uber.
- The Firm (Suite 4), 1st Floor in Coachman's Crossing – Slimming and Health Clinic. Massage.
- Vibe @ Pick 'n Pay Coachmans, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Light meals and snacks. Sandwiches, wraps, burgers, juices, cake, muffins, brownies, tarts (the sticky kind).
- Wash Zone & Dry Clean Zone, Ground in Cramerview Village.
- Pet Spa and Grooming, Ground in Cramerview Village – "Your pawfect pertner in grooming".
- 711 Supermarket has become Sablu Express Mart, Ground in Cramerview Village – Groceries, bread, tinned foods, snacks, more.
- Sandton Wound Clinic, Ground in Cramerview Village – In the little courtyard between French Corner and Build Aid.
- House of Envy, Shop 04, Ground in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Ladies Clothing and Shoe Boutique, handbags.
- Continental Shoe and Bag Repairs, Ground in Bryanpark Shopping Centre alongside Cumberland Ave.
- Jo Mamma Diagnostic (Suite 129A), First Floor in Bryanpark Shopping Centre.
- Bub Hub & Company, Shop 23, First Floor in Riverside Shopping Centre – Kiddie nursery things, children's classes, baby massage courses and postnatal fitness for moms.
- Knead Bakery & Café Riverside, Ground in Riverside Shopping Centre – Artisan bakery: Bread, pastries and confectionery baked on site every day. Café food, artisan beer, selected wines.
- Splush Morningside, Shop L01, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre
– Hair salon.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors,
Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
*** Doppio Zero, Chilli Lane Shopping Centre, Sunninghill
We intended to go to Primi Piatti, but the lift was out of order, so they lost out.
Our waiter was Enos and the welcome was friendly. As it was Saturday
lunchtime, the restaurant was buzzing and busy. I ordered Durban Savignon
Blanc and my partner Appletizer to drink. For eats, we chose from the
Tapas menu. Blue Bay Mussels in white wine and cream sauce and Salmon and Sweet
Potato Fishcakes with a ginger and chilli sauce. The latter was approached
Crusty bread was served promptly with plenty of butter. I am puzzled
about why restaurants are changing to Lurpak Danish butter. What have our
cows done to have their butter moved off the menu?
The mussels were very good and the sauce creamy. One oddity, which I gave
feedback on, was the onion included in it. The fishcakes, though more
sweet potato than fish, also proved a
good choice and the sauce proved very edible.
Altogether a great experience! The restaurant is also child friendly.
Contact Details for Doppio Zero.
Funny Language, English...
With good rains, dams are filling up. But with floods, damns are increasing too!
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Sandton Home Industry, Shop 06 in Parkmore Mews – Cakes, cookies, sweets, etc.
- NAZ Fashion & Accessories in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Ladies' clothing.
- Pimlico, Shop L44 in Nicolway Bryanston – Ornaments and furniture, pots, quirky interior décor.
- Sowearto, Shop U31 in Nicolway Bryanston – (So..Wear..To) Afro-chic designer clothing store, kids to adults.
- S.W.E.A.T. 1000, Shop LM52 in Nicolway Bryanston – Gym: Exercise and fitness. Was in Mezzanine.
- S.W.E.A.T. 1000 and S.W.E.A.T. Café, Shop L07a in Morningside Shopping Centre – Gym: Exercise and fitness. Café: Snacks and drinks.
- A Kitchen by Future Classics, Shop L01 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Kitchen design.
- Barberazzi Barbershop, Shop 16 in Cambridge Crossing
– Men's hairdressers. Gents cut, brush cut, hot towel shave, nose/ear wax,
- Rawson Properties in Cambridge Crossing – Real estate and rentals.
- Golden Rose Chinese Food and Sushi Bar, Shop 18 in Cambridge Crossing – Chicken, pork, beef, duck, vegetable, prawn, calamari, fish, noodles, noodles, rice, desserts, Sushi.
- Paulshof Liquors, Shop 19 in Cambridge Crossing – Liquor store. Replaced by Woolworths Liquor.
- Collection in Coachman's Crossing – Ladies dress shop has now closed.
- The Picture Frame Shop in Cramerview Village – Picture framing, art and mirrors.
- 711 Supermarket in Cramerview Village – Groceries, bread, tinned foods, snacks, more. ABSA ATM.
- Tealiscious in Cramerview Village – Tea garden.
- Polly Potters Toy Store, Shop 10 in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – a quality range of toys and gifts for babies, toddlers and young children, consolidated with Coachmans Crossing shop.
- Fashion Gallery, Shop 04 in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Ladies Clothing and Shoe Boutique, handbags, Shoes. Still in Sunninghill Village and Glenvista Shopping Centre.
- I Quit Smoking (Suite 129) in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – May have had something to do with your stopping smoking, or possibly he was just bragging.
- Riverside Veterinary Clinic in Riverside Shopping Centre – Moved from 2 Cambridge Road, off Bryanston Drive, Bryanston, next to the Shell Garage, to the existing vets at 251 Bryanston Drive corner Mount St.
- Rivonia Village Craft Market, Shop 62 in Rivonia Village – Handmade crafts, gifts, scrapbooking, homeware, kids art, ceramics, jewellery, and more for all ages. Still in Chilli Lane and Athol Square.
- Traditional Chinese Health Therapy (Suite 4) in Coachman's Crossing – If you got headache, neck, shoulder, back pain, office stress, stroke, rheumatisms, nerves problem, pulled muscle… we no longer help you.
- Show on Stage - Fashion Design of China in Cambridge Crossing – Yet another Chinese dress shop, run by Chinese who wanted your money but couldn't be bothered to learn a local language.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,183 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Family day event: Jozi at the Farm, 26 March
At Riversands Farm Village, Bizlink's Jozi at the Farm is a great day out for the family with events such as
4 x 4 Experience, Fun runs, Cycle rides, and Dog trail. Entrance is free!
Attractions include cars, from classic to super, canoeing, kids play areas, crafts and more.
With live music, craft beer, the Tin Kitchen, The German Kitchen, Pancake Corner and other quality food vendors there is something for everyone.
Don't forget the zip line, paintball, Playscapes supervised play area, animal farm yard, tractor rides...
It's on the last Sunday of the month, 26 March, 09:00-16:00.
email for more Info.
Ernest Ullmann Park Open Day, 25 March 09:00-15:00
On Saturday 25th March the Friends of Ernest Ullmann are holding a wonderful
Open Day for the whole family. Socialized dogs on a leash
are welcome. Boere Rolls, Chicken Prego’s and Tuck Shop Goodies on sale!
Bring your blankets and chairs to relax and enjoy the show: Music and Live
Entertainment by Jericho. Kiddies craft sales, popcorn, face painting, fun
interactive games, jumping castle, pony cart rides, cake sale, yummy raffles,
ski boat club display, gymnastics display, jewellery, pottery with clay table,
Ajay’s art display, piano, dance displays including Celtic, Indian, and Zulu dancing.
They want to make people aware of the park and the activities available.
email for more Info
or phone Jenna Beulich (Kids Town Pre-Primary) at 082 498 8507.
Reminder: New Business Newsletter
In the latter half of the month, as a public service to
help our readers, we will issue the third edition of our new newsletter: "Doing Business in Sandton".
It will have
internet and other tips and tricks to help your shop or other business grow and
prosper, and be useful if you are thinking of starting a small
business or creating an extra online income. Subscribe here.
says that, following the attacks in the south of Johannesburg, that suburb is
now know as "Resentonville".
Civic: Home Preparation for a Person with a Visual
Impairment, Part 2
This is the second of four Home Preparation Tips to Accommodate a Person with a Visual
Impairment, by Jackie Waters of Toastmasters and
hyper-tidy.com: Her home preparation tips will help you make your loved one
with a visual impairment feel more confident and independent (some are
applicable to the totally blind).
Tip 11 (the Kitchen) was in February.
Tip 2: Modify the Bathroom
bathroom presents hazards for a person with
a visual impairment. Slippery floors and bathtubs, towel racks, and rugs can
cause falls or bumps and bruises. If you have a rug in your bathroom, make sure
that it is nonskid to prevent tripping and falling. Use towels, washcloths, and
rugs that contrast with floor, wall, and bathtub colours so the person can easily
Getting into and out of the bathtub or shower can be a
dangerous situation for someone with a visual impairment, so install grab bars
inside the shower and on the wall beside it to aid the person and prevent him
from slipping and falling. Additional lighting in the shower stall also helps
prevent slips and falls. It’s also a good idea to install non-slip strips or
non-skid mats to the floor of the shower or bottom of the tub; it’s an even
better idea to make sure their colours contrast with the surface of the shower or
Tip 3 next month...
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Overheard at the Checkout:
how have you been?"
"I was in hospital for surgery, but I'm better now."
"Nothing serious, I hope?"
"No, just female problems."
"Really? Surgery can fix that? You mean you can now parallel park?"