Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Not with practice!
Yes, you too CAN Speak in Public!
Learn to speak in a
relaxed, fun environment. Meet at 18:45 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, with Transformers Toastmasters.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
Upcoming Events in Sandton
A special women's month edition of the Celebration of African Literacy by
Afrokulcha. A lifestyle book event with fascination conversations, amazing wines
and colourful people of the continent. Women & Men are most welcome!
Workshop for mums and tots at Bub Hub & Company Sandton, Riverside Shopping
Centre. By attending a Pikanini Play & Learn Workshop you will learn:
· How to maximize the time spent with your toddler.
· How to use everyday items and things around the house to play
· How to make stimulation part of your daily routine
· How to adapt play activities & toys age appropriately
We will take you step-by-step through the process of making critical
decisions before facing potential conflict situations. We provide the knowledge
and tools allowing you to act in the safest possible way. In this course, you
will learn the importance of accountability and the understanding of criminal
mind set and behaviour. You will be advised about key aspects of personal
awareness, decision making, having a plan in place as well as possible weapon
selections for self-defence. The course will conclude with the demonstration of
a conflict situation and effective ways of dealing with it.
My chess set was short of some minor pieces.
No problem: I bought replacements at a local pawn shop.
Single Room to Let in Morningside Manor, Now
Cosy Bedroom with en suite
half bathroom. Shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including laundry). Close to shops, restaurants and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Pop-Up Shop, Shop 5, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Temporary ladies' boutique with 50% off.
- Midori, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Oriental Cuisine: Asian, Tai, Chinese, Japanese. Soup, dim-sum, sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, sweet and sour beef/chicken, chop suey, pork, seafood, vegetarian. Fried rice, noodles. Open Mon-Sat 11:00-21:00, Sunday 11:00-20:00.
- Brand Avenue, Shop G, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – Watches and straps, jewellery, jewelry cleaner. Engelsrufer pendant fraud. Brands: Thomas Sabo, Seiko, Nomination (Italy).
- Naked Kitchen & Coffee Bar, Shop U48, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Café and coffee shop, alongside Exclusive Books. They are not really naked.
- CruiseAbout, Shop U23, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Travel Agents and cruising specialists, a division of Flight Centre.
- Matia Bella, Shop L11, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Facials, Acne Treatment, permanent hair removal, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure, nails, eyelash extensions, permanent make-up, Botox. Fillers. Open Monday–Saturday 09:00 -18:00, Sunday/Public Holidays 09:00-15:00.
- Sunglass Hut Morningside, Shop L09, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Sunglasses of all sorts.
- Arena Wellness, Shop L07a, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Exercise gym and juice bar: Boutique fitness hub with quality service, expert coaching and the latest equipment.
- Zeeshop, Shop 62, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Ladies' boutique: Handbags, accessories, hairpieces, boots, dresses, pants, shoes, sneakers, wallets.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
**** Hinterland, Mall of Africa, Midrand
This is a little bit out of Sandton but well-worth reporting on! We met with
friends from SASS to celebrate the OGOD court case victory. The restaurant is probably
better in Summer because it is in an open corridor and was chilly. That aside,
we can highly recommend their Marrow Bones - succulent and tasty. Drinks were
tea and Sauvignon Blanc. Naomi gave us good service. The fountains outside will
be great for children to play in in Summer as well.
Phone for Hinterland Meat Trader: 010 592 0072.
*** Rockets, Hobart Grove,
After a great Bryanston Breakfast Club Toastmasters meeting, we decided to explore Hobart
Grove and ended up at Rockets! They have a most impressive front door and all
round glass plus an outside deck for the truly hardy. Apart from hot chocolate
and dry white wine, we opted to share one of their dipping boards. This was
excellent and tasty. One downside was that we had to pay for extra toast.
We were relieved that they didn't charge us for the air we breathed in the
restaurant! However, the service is good and Vuyie, our waiter, was attentive.
Contact Details for Rockets Restaurant & Cocktail Bar.
Funny Language, English...
When you join a boarding school, do you go through an on-boarding process?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!!
6,748 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
- The Tobacco Shop, Shop 07B in The Square Sunninghill – Cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, vapes and liquid, hubbly bubblies, tobacco, pipes, rolling machines, bongs, grinders, flavoured wraps, and (eventually) lung cancer. Was Lower Level.
- Onewaystreet Tailor, Shop 5 in The Square Sunninghill – Custom Tailors and Fashion Designers. We do: Menswear, Ladies wear, Kiddies wear, African print resellers and all kinds of alterations. Was Lower Level.
- Subway, Shop G18 in The Square Sunninghill – Submarine sandwiches made in front of your eyes: Choose bread, cheese, toasted/plain, veggies, sauce. Salads, coffee, breakfast, platters, soft drinks, kid's pack. Delivery. Was Upper Level.
- Jimmy's Fish and Chips, Shop G17 in The Square Sunninghill – Seafood and prawns too. Halaal. Open Mon-Thu 09:00-20:00, Fridays 09:00-12:30 and 13:30-21:00, Sat 09:30-21:00. Was Upper Level.
- Fego Caffé, Shop U48 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Café and coffee shop, inside Exclusive Books: Now Naked Kitchen.
- Platinum Repairs, Shop 06 in Rivonia Village – Mobile device repair specialists for Apple, Samsung and other leading brands. iPhone, iPad and Samsung Galaxy screen repairs.
- à La Juliette in Rivonia Village – Gifts, jewellery, bags, women's accessories and fashion wear. Cards.
- Flight Centre - Business Travel, Shop U23 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Travel Agents. Replaced by CruiseAbout, a division of Flight Centre.
- GH Designs, Shop L05 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Hair Studio.
- Pure Skin, Shop L11 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Facials, Acne Treatment, Photo rejuvenation, permanent hair removal, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure, nails, eyelash extensions, Botox and fillers. Radio Frequency Treatment: Cellulite reduction, body contouring, skin tightening & "rejuvenation".
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Whining and Dining
Julius visited a
local restaurant and ordered the soup of the day:
"Waiter, I can't eat this!"
The waiter took the bowl away and replaced it.
"Waiter, I still can't eat this!"
The waiter replaced it and got the same response. Finally:
"Sir, why can't you eat it?"
"I don't have a spoon!"
Free Webinar Tonight: New Law Will Affect 650,000 Small-Business Owners!
Peter Carruthers writes, "Each time government introduces a new law it
costs small-business owners time, effort, and money.
As well as immense angst each time someone writes about the potential fines
and jail time. This time the fines go up to R10 million and the jail time
stretches to 10 years.
It's enough to be frightening. Especially when you don't know why. That's
what's happening regarding the new Protection of Personal Information Act, aka
POPI and POPIA.
- POPI demands that we protect any personal information we hold.
(This includes emails and phone numbers of clients, staff, suppliers, ...).
And to secure it so we cannot lose it.
- POPI demands that we submit certain documentation to government.
- POPI demands that we monitor data leaks and report them to government.
This includes PC losses and thefts (and maybe tablet and smartphones losses
and thefts) because that's where we store our data.
- In other words this is pretty intrusive legislation.
This new law is coming soon. There will be much noise and confusion en route.
And a lot of professionals making big money out of our ignorance.
That's why I am offering an online webinar on POPI: For Small-Business
On Tuesday, 15 August, at 8 PM. It's free.
Click here to join me online. We'll unpack the complexity into words of
- I will show you what needs doing.
- And discuss the impact on your business.
- And why it's important you address it now.
- And answer your questions.
Click here to join me online on Tuesday 15 August at 8pm SA Time. Please
share this with any business owners you know. This is vital info which is not
reaching enough of us."
Imported Books at Bargain Prices
Albizia Book Bargains
will have a stall on the upper level (Woolworths Court) at Bryanston Shopping
Centre, William Nicol & Ballyclare 26 Aug - 2 Sep.
Overheard at the Checkout
"Fad diets can be a
"You're telling me! I just wanted my waist back, not to waste away!”