Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Transformers Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Monday of each month at Morningside Country Club, de la Rey Road, at
18:30 for 18:45. Future leaders are welcome! Contact Judith Taylor
on 082 389-3481 or
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
As reported last month, Cambridge Crossing
shopping centre in Paulshof has finished its reconstruction. As listed
below, several new tenants have moved in. The centre has also seen the
return of two tenants that closed during the rebuilding: Golden Rose
Chinese Restaurant & Sushi Bar, and Rawson Properties. Off The Grid
Restaurant and Vet To Pet have moved opposite to the new (east) wing.
Meanwhile, under the alleged "management" of Broll,
Morning Glen Mall
continues to haemorrhage tenants. Following the apparent bankruptcy of
Cafeum Diem last month, the Wimpy has now closed too. This leaves no
restaurants on the lower level, and even more empty shops.
Is a decade in the same job a "ten year tenure"?
Furnished Single Room to Let in Morningside Manor
Cosy Single Bedroom with
shared full bathroom. Shared kitchen, dining room, lounge, patio,
lapa, pond and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including laundry). Close to International Hotel School, Regenesys
Business School, Varsity College, shops, restaurants and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Gift'd Collections & Décor has moved from G22C Sunninghill Village to Shop F004 in Sloane Square – Interior design, upholstery, curtaining, lighting, picture framing, cushions, project management.
- Capitec ATM, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Between the Pharmacy and the Biltong shop.
- Simply Asia Thai Food & Noodle Bar, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Restaurant: Simple Thai cuisine. Starters, soups, Thai specialities, noodles, rice. Open 7 days a week until 21:00.
- Tshepy Boutique, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Ladies clothes, handbags.
- Golden Rose Restaurant & Sushi Bar, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Chinese Restaurant. Buffet. Open Sun-Thu 11:00–21:30, Fri-Sat 11:00–22:00.
- Lamberti Physiotherapy, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Help with headaches, back and neck pain, sports related injuries, Asthma/Pneumonia/Bronchitis, Sinusitis, Arthritis, post surgery conditions, poor core stability, posture related problems, TMJ / jaw pain.
- Medical Doctors, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Cambridge Medical Suites: Drs S Doubell & B Lewarne.
- Dentist: Dr Danette Rossoue Inc., Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Cambridge Medical Suites.
- Fix-a-Phone, Shop L27, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Sales and repairs of all kinds of cell phones.
- Rawson Properties, Shop L18, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Real estate sales and rentals, newly reopened.
- Crystal SLD, Shop 16, Basement in 90° on Rivonia – Shoe repairs, laundry, dry cleaning. No job is too small. To get to the shop, go out of the Basement atrium into the car park, turn left, and they are bit further down on your left.
- Budget Trailer Rentals Woodmead, Lower Level in Woodmead Square – Door-to-door or collect. Trailers are fully insured and excess ranges from: R1500 for single axle trailers, R5000 for double axle trailers.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** Pronto, The Colony, 345 Jan Smuts Ave, Craighall
The idea was for Rick to donate blood, hence we went to the Colony centre. I stayed
downstairs and went to Pronto, a fairly new restaurant and ordered a lovely Protea
Sauvignon Blanc with lots of ice, whilst waiting for him. Unfortunately his iron
was too low for him to donate, so that part of the mission had to be abandoned.
We decided to share the chicken breasts as they came with vegetables and chips.
The latter were crispy as required! There was enough for two meals and two sets of crispy chips. Our
waiter was Ali Mncedisi and very efficient
Pronto's has a non-smoking outside facing the car park as well as one for
smokers facing the road. There is a large interior as well. We can recommend it
for friendly service and excellent food.
Contact Details for Pronto Italian Restaurant & Bar.
**** Salsa Mexican Grill, Rivonia Village
Brand new and on the corner of Mutual Road and Rivonia Boulevard, Salsa presents a
totally new way of eating! Check how hot the food is before ordering so that you
don't get a shock! Fortunately I love hot but Rick doesn't. We ordered Appletiser and Darling Cellars Bush Vine Sauvignon Blanc --one I've not had
before. A very pleasant wine and well priced, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
To eat, I had the Fajita Steak, which very good and Rick ordered beef strips
and Guacamole. The latter I tried and it was very good as well. Rick found his dish unpleasantly hot. We were also taken aback at the idea of
paying R15 for an empty bowl to put other food into.
This is a restaurant with a vibe, totally non-smoking and Simangaliso was an
excellent waiter. Thoroughly recommend it for a great night out.
Contact Details for Salsa Mexican Grill.
Funny Language, English.....
"A gym worth returning too weak after week." --Punctuation and spelling can be important!
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Wimpy Morning Glen, Shop 05 in Morning Glen Mall – Famous Fast food. Was Lower Level.
- Mimmos Paulshof, Shop 01 in Cambridge Crossing – Italian restaurant. Moved to Midrand.
- NDinX Lady's Fashion, Shop G32 in Sunninghill Village – "Every week a new stock". Chinese, not spik English.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,152 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Advice Back to top
says, if you are attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.
Civic News: Give your Comments on
the City's Rates Policy
The City of Johannesburg invites all residents and interested parties to give
input into the City’s Property Rates Policy, Review. This annual process ticks
the boxes so that the municipality can later claim that residents have
been consulted on the Rates Policy, and they can then pretend that the tariffs
are equitable and affordable.
Join a meeting at one of the following to have your say:
Region B: 19 February, 18:00-20:00 at Marks Park, Pavilion Hall, Judith Road, Emmarentia.
Region C: 28 February, 18:00-20:00 at Roodepoort City Hall, Cnr Dieperink and Berlandina Streets, Roodepoort
Region E: 10 February, 10:00-12:00 at East Bank Hall, Cnr Springbok and Impala Streets, Alexandra.
Region E: 21 February, 18:00-20:00 at Hibiscus Hall, Jabula Recreation
Centre, Cnr Anne Street and Athlone Ave, Sandringham.
Region E: 26 February, 18:00-20:00 at Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre, 1 Alma
Road, Gallo Manor.
Region F: 29 January, 18:00-20:00 at Hillbrow Recreation Centre, Cnr Clarendon and Pretoria Streets, Hillbrow.
For the full list,
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Bookdealers is in Rivonia
As mentioned last year, Bookdealers of Rivonia (formerly Gallo Manor) moved from Morning Glen Mall and reopened on 9 October at 40 Wessel Road, Rivonia, off 12th Ave (listed in Rivonia North Shops).
This bookshop has a large variety of publishers' overstocks (remainders),
extensive and interesting selection of rare and out-of-print, and second-hand
books (which they also buy). Remember to take your loyalty card!
near the Checkout:
place looks very popular!"
it is reassuring to know that lots of other people are making the same bad
choices that we are..."