Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Eulogy needn't be the
Death of You!
You can Speak Well in Public!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at UWP Toastmasters: Meet
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 17:30 for 18:00 at Eton Office Park,
off Sloane St, Bryanston.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
For more, email Fay.
Revamping About to Strike in Gallo Manor / Morningside
The next centre to catch the dreaded revamping disease looks likely to be
Morning Glen Mall.
The Spur restaurant is closing at the end of this month: Get in fast if you want
a meal!. Foto First is closing, though it is not clear when. Rumour claims the
same about Cardies but since we have not yet found them open, we have not been
able to verify. We asked the centre manager at Broll for confirmation.
Typically, she hasn't bothered to reply, even though Megaplex is the only website in the
universe with a listing of the centre's shops. Manor Pharmacy says they are
staying open for the immediate future. Pick 'n Pay has no plans to close
Thank you, Jane, for the tip!
If you start a small scheme to help people to learn
to fly an aircraft, is it a "pilot project"?
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Arez Café, Shop 08D, Ground in Morningview Shopping Centre – Lebanese / Middle-eastern café and hubbly bar. Breakfast 7am–noon includes free bottomless coffee. Meze, hummus, Halloumi, falafel, lafeh wraps, platters.
- Post Link Morningview, Shop 08C, Ground in Morningview Shopping Centre – Domestic and international courier, packaging, copy / print, email / scan, laminating / binding services, internet facilities, business cards / pamphlets etc., Bizhub.
- The Mattress People, Shop B3, Building B in Woodmead Commercial Park – Lounges, mattresses and sleigh beds.
- Auto Boutique, Shop C2, Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – Vehicle detailing, restoration and protection. Open Monday-Friday 07:30–16:30.
- Color Glo, Shop C2, Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – Restore and re-dye vehicles, leather, vinyl, plastic, velour, fabric and carpets.
- Beauty Shack, Shop C2, Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – Cheap toilet paper and cosmetics.
- Demo Warehouse, Shop C5, Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – "The largest demo reseller of electronic goods and appliances in Southern Africa. Best deals on demo models and b-grade stock". Appliances, electronics, laundry.
- SA Auto Brokers (C8 Lower level), Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – Cash flow problems? Sell your car, bakkie, double-cab or 4x4 to them and then rent it back. Also used vehicle sales.
- Trend Tap & Tile, Shop AD/AE, Building A in Woodmead Commercial Park – Sanitaryware and tiles. Bathroom design specialist.
- Designer Bites, Shop LL17, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Catering, confectionery & events. designer cakes. cake pops, catering platters, event styling, candy stations. No function too big or too small.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** Silver Pine Spur, Upper Level, Morning Glen Shopping Centre
With news that the Spur is closing at the end of February (verified at the
restaurant), we hastened to have a last meal there. I ordered a rare rump
steak with spinach, my partner a medium sirloin with well done chips. Both
meals were excellent as was the wine. My partner felt his steak was more
medium-rare than medium, but still good. As usual the service was good: Staff
were feeling shattered but bearing up well under the immanent closure, the
reason for which we were unable to establish, as the restaurant was well
Contact Details for Silver Pine Spur
valid until 28 February 2018.
***** Ocean Basket, Morningview Shopping Centre, 10 South Road
This is becoming one of our favourite restaurants because of the friendly
service and great food! This time our waitress was Charity and she was great.
We started with hot chocolate and Boschendaal Blanc de Blanc, which is served by
the carafe. Food of choice was the OB fish and the Mediterranean Seafood Soup.
Both were excellent. I really love the Seafood Soup as it has all my favourites
Contact Details for Ocean Basket.
Funny Language, English...
If "tangible" and
are opposites, how come "candescent"
mean the same thing?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!!
6,117 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Gone to Meet Their Maker:
Back to top
- Silver Pine Spur, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall (Steak Restaurant and Fast Food) is closing today. Get in quickly!
- ChicShab Afro-Chic Warehouse, Shop B3 in Woodmead Commercial Park – African food bowls, storage and laundry baskets sustainably woven from palm, bamboo and sisal; water cans made from tins; crochet raffia ottomans; benches and bean bags covered in recycled cotton, etc.
- Mikectrolight Appliance Services (B8 Lower level) in Woodmead Commercial Park – Repair and sales of fridges, stoves, microwaves, washing machines, TVs and cell phones.
- Paolo Confectioners (C9 Lower level) in Woodmead Commercial Park – Confectioners and caterers.
- Smeg Outlet Store + Origo Outlet Store, Shop G7 in Woodmead Commercial Park – "Technology with style". Was next to Yeesh, lower level of Block G.
- The Baker's Box, was in Sunninghill Village – a wide range of baking and decorating supplies including baking ingredients & accessories. Not closed, but relocated to Kyalami: 68 Pine Road, Kyalami. Tel. 082 612 2272.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Up in the Battling
Julius says, with things as they are, we are
climbing an uphill battle.
Voter Registration Weekend: 10 and 11 March
Have you moved since the 2016 election? Turned 16 recently? All Voting Stations nationwide will be open on Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 March from
08:00 to 17.00 for you to register, or re-register, to vote next year. If
the IEC does not have your residential address, please go too and give it to
them To register, you must be a South African citizen at least 16
years old (you can vote from age 18); and have a green bar-coded ID book;
smartcard ID; or valid Temporary Identity Certificate.
For details visit
www.elections.org.za, or phone 0800 11 8000, Monday to Friday
08:00 to 17.00.
Non-Religious? Would You Like The Option of a Secular Wedding Ceremony?
The South African Secular Society (SASS) is in the process of registering with
the South African Department of Home Affairs as an organisation that is allowed to
legally register Marriage Officers.
A marriage officer is a person designated by the Department of Home
Affairs to legally perform marriages under the Civil Union Act (Act 17 of 2006).
This addition to the Marriage Act came about to allow for same-sex marriages,
and because a growing number of couples
wish to marry legally in a ceremony free of supernatural content.
Help SASS to help you!
To be allowed to legally register marriage officers, SASS needs to give the
Department of Home Affairs 250 initials and surnames of official members.
Please go here to sign up free of
near the Exit
"When your new
card is ready, do you want the bank to fail to send you an SMS, or would you
prefer it to forget to send you an email?"