Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Presentation can be Easy!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at UWP Toastmasters: Meet
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 17:30 for 18:00 at Eton Office Park,
off Sloane St, Bryanston.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We thank Dads and Lads Barber Shop, in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village,
for advertising with us since 2011!
to contact them.
This advertising spot is now available at R500 +
VAT per advert, with discounts for more paid up front. Reply to
this newsletter NOW to book this desirable slot!
When you locate a shop or restaurant on the megaplex.co.za web site, there
may be a link to generate a message in your default e-mail program. The
e-mail by default also contains a cc to us. You can delete the
contents of the cc box, but many people don't: We appreciate that because it
gives us feedback on how the site is working. You might be getting this
newsletter as a reward.
In April to date we have been cc'd on 30 emails from the web site:
Enquires went to Abinas Ethnic Hair Salon, Avinia's Beauty Spa, Bub Hub,
Buccleuch KwikSpar, Clear Solutions Optometrists, Colony Pharmacy, Drs Sam
Lewis, Sumien Moore, and Lindie Gouws, Europa Art Shoes, Luxury Curtain and
Décor, Paws Pantry, Rivonia Tailors, Virgin Active Sandton, and Woolworths
Food, for example.
Some of the centres that probably got business as a result: Grayston
Shopping Centre, Morning Glen Mall, Morning View, Riverside Shopping Centre,
Rivonia Oriental City, The Bridge Shopping Centre, The Colony (Craighall),
The Wedge, Woodmead Retail Park, and Woodmead Value Mart.
Thank you for copying us in! It is fascinating to see
what questions people ask; we've made additions to the site in
some cases to save you having to ask in the future: Opening
times and menus are a favourite.
What breed of dog does a magician use on stage for
his tricks? A Labracdabrador!
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Manor Pharmacy and Medicine Depot moved from Morning Glen Mall and opened on 23 April 2018 as Manor Home and Health, an Alpha Pharm franchise, in Shop 10 in Morningview Shopping Centre. Dispensary, top cosmetics and fragrances, Health shop. Gifts for all occasions.
- FNB (First National Bank) & ATMs, Ground in Rivonia Village is open again after a downgrade and a "devamp" to a cheap-and-nasty setup with a much less satisfying customer experience.
- Trina’s Trimmers Slimming Club replaced Weight Watchers in Rivonia Area Shops – Meet Mondays 17:00 in the Tennis Pavilion, Morningside Country Club, Rivonia.
- TOB’s (The Tailor on Broadway) near Parkmore Square – Hire and Retail of formal evening wear, Tailor-made garments, alterations and dry cleaning. “We Dress the Best”. 16 Charles Road, New Brighton (suburb of Parkmore).
- Frank Bespoke, Block C on Hobart Road in Hobart Grove Centre – Tailors that believe in creating your masterpiece suit locally and to your unique form and personality. Suits, Shoes & Accessories, Weddings.
- Ash Cellular (kiosk), Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Kiosk outside Pick 'n Pay. Cellular accessories, electronic toys, watches.
- Now listed: Rawson Properties near Sandhurst Centre – Reputable and helpful real estate agent. Corner Grayston Drive and Sandton Drive.
- Now listed: Cheryl Anthony Properties near Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre – Reputable and helpful local real estate agent.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Morningside 011, Ground Floor, The Wedge Shopping Centre
This is a new take on the Baron franchise. Situated at the far right hand
side, entrance is easy for abled and disabled, That said, not for a drug-fuzzy
person just out of hospital. Two strong guys ported me in with ease! I
reached the table on crutches.
Talk really spacious and a great environment - good linen and beautiful
glasses, plus great staff and management. They have an extensive menu and also a
lunchtime special one. We ordered from the latter - liver and onions for two! I
chose Brampton Wines Sauvignon Blanc, which arrived in a very generous
carafe, and my partner strawberry juice.
The food was bliss, especially after a week of hospital food, which should be
banned! In all honesty, though it was simply beautiful. I managed to finish
everything with real enjoyment. Service was excellent and another big accolade -
I was helped out to the car once more, as I was still too unsteady on the
crutches to manage the slope.
All in all, well worth another visit!
PS Don't break your foot! It's the second worst break I've managed.
Contact Details for Morningside 011 by the Baron. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
My friend asked me to
help him round up 47 sheep, so I said, "Easy! 50!"
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
6,110 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT,
- Weight Watchers in Rivonia Area Shops – Helping people drop unwanted mass. The parent body has been liquidated.
- Pandora, Shop 02/03 in Morning Glen Mall – Ladies' clothing, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories. Was Lower Level.
- Cardies , Shop 31 in Morning Glen Mall – Cards, gifts, wrapping and occasions. Was Lower Level.
- Darling You Boutique, Shop 34A in Morning Glen Mall – Ladies' fashion. Was Lower Level.
- Foto First , Shop 11 in Morning Glen Mall – Processing of photographs; copies made. Was Lower Level.
- FNB - First National Bank, Shop L16/L17 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Lower Level Bank. ATM still functional.
- Coffee Shop & Home Industry in Morning Glen Mall – Was Upper Level inside Manor Pharmacy. Tea, coffee, cakes and cookies.
- Top Cash in Sandton Court
– Instant Cash Loans, pawn valuables, sell to them, or buy from them.
- Yeye Oge, Shop 25 in Morning Glen Mall – Was Lower Level. True African fashion: Laces brocade, wax, batik, damask, head ties, aso-oke. Italian shoes, bags and accessories.
- Billabong Outlet in Woodmead Value Mart – Casual clothing, board shorts and bikinis, backpacks.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Nil By Mouth
Julius asks, "is gargling a part of your oral
Green Space Walk in Sandown, Sunday 6 May, 8:00 to 11:45
Beryl Porter will be leading this lovely walk in an area where only the
locals are aware of the large interconnecting greenspaces. We will visit
Innesfree Park, walk along the Sandspruit to Ernest Ullmann Centre and go to a
viewpoint with wide views of the city and Sandton. COST: Free
Parking: Beryl has arranged for VML South Africa to allow us to park on their
property which is boomed and fenced. Address: 2-4 Harris Street, Strathavon
(opposite Innesfree Park)
After our walk we will go for brunch/lunch to nearby Katy's Palace, an amazing
eclectic restaurant at 6 Desmond Street in Kramerville. Adjoining the restaurant
is a large wonderful store with the most attractive items - just to browse and
enjoy, if you wish.
Details on Meetup or
email Beryl Porter.
Non-Religious? Would You Like to meet others of Secular Mind?
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds regular social Meetups in
Johannesburg, Pretoria and Cape Town. Durban and Bloemfontein may follow.
The next Johannesburg Meetup will be a bring-and-share with discussion topic
"Progress on DHA Marriage Officers" on Sunday, 6 May at 14:00 in
Details on Meetup or
email SASS Vice-President.
Pretoria Meetups are generally held on the last Saturday morning of the
month. The next one is still to be announced.
The last one was on Saturday, 28 April from 09:30 to 11:00 at Groenkloof
Nature Reserve, Christina De Wit Avenue, Pretoria.
near the Exit
"Do you want me to
leave the door open or closed?"