Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Breakfast Club Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Saturday of the month at Bryanston Sports Club, corner of Payne and Main
Roads, Bryanston, at
08:45 for 09:00. Future leaders are welcome! Call 082 389-3481,
email the VPPR..
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Red (in bad shape):
-- most shops are occupied, but do not seem well patronised.
Morning Glen Mall
-- more empty than occupied shops, and recently evicted Manor Pharmacy (now in
Morning View). One "green shoot": Clicks is moving opposite and expanding,
with a pharmacy. Otherwise the new team has not yet made an impact.
Orange (not doing so well):
– five empty shops, including the former Spur (how does a Spur fail?). Undeterred, they are evicting the bookshop on a month's notice,
after 18 years of tenancy! To make way for a pet food shop, no less.
90 Degrees on Rivonia
has lost Polpetta, and has a large area permanently untenanted, but the Spar seems
to be keeping things going.
The Wedge, Morningside
is behind schedule and showing no signs of haste (it's the Public Service
Pension Fund, so who cares?). The doctors have moved out. However, shops are moving in,
there are several good restaurants, and things are
coming right gradually. Woolworths food should now be open this month.
has several empty shops at present. This may be a temporary phase, as the
centre has been revitalised by the redevelopment of the west wing..
Green (apparently doing OK):
Woodmead Value Mart,
Woodmead Super Value Centre,
Woodmead Retail Park,
Working in a kitchen unit factory is difficult:
Everything you do is counter-productive.
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Drs Sam Lewis, Sumien Moore, and Lindie Gouws moved from The Wedge, Morningside, to Rivonia Medical, Sports & Therapy Centre – Medical Doctors (General Practitioners). Surgery.
- Sirene Hair and Beauty, Moved from Morningview Shopping Centre to 38 Bowling Ave, off South Road – Cuts, colours, Brazilian hair treatments, nails, nail art, special effects and beauty.
- Sushiitto on South moved from Morningview Shopping Centre to 38 Bowling Ave, off South Road – Sushi bar. Dim Sum, soup, noodles, spring rolls, fried rice, stir fry. Free delivery within 5 km.
- Bryanpark Liquor Store , Shop 15, Ground in Bryanpark Shopping Centre has become Berry & Bottles – Liquor Store, under new ownership. Corporate and private catering.
- Curry and All moved from Sandton Court to Lower Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Mutton and rice, chicken and rice, vegetable and rice, chicken breyani, soji, roti roll, bunny, ghos and roti.
- Clicks Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Health, Home and Beauty Store, low medicine prices and beauty and healthcare products. Shop 16 closing on 24 June and opening on 28 in shop 24E with a new pharmacy.
- After a delay of a month because their premises were not ready as promised, Polpetta Pizza & Pasta from 90° on Rivonia has opened in The Wedge, Morningside on the upper deck – Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria & Take-Away.
- Vaperite, Shop 10, Ground in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Vaping shop: E-liquids, mods, tanks, accessories.
- Ross Howard Music (Suite 201), Second Floor in Bryanpark Shopping Centre – Drama. Dance. Modern jazz classes. Tailored music classes to suit your age, style, aims and passion.
- Glamour Shoes moved to Hobart Grove from Coachman's Crossing – Ladies' footwear: Stockists of shoes, handbags and luggage.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** Junipa's, D4 Hobart Grove Centre, cnr Hobart and Grosvenor Road
This is a restaurant with good access for those on crutches and in
wheelchairs. It is full of old style kitchen containers and similar memorabilia.
However the service and welcome are the warm and attentive style of all good
restaurants! Solly was our official waiter, but others were around all the time.
This indicates real customer care!
I opted for Perdeburg Sauvignon Blanc to drink whilst my partner had
Appletiser. I had the Duck Pate and we bought a loaf of their Banting bread to
replace the artisan bread and beetroot salad. My partner had the fishcakes.
We had actually come for the bread anyway and can recommend it as being the
best I have found. somehow, "homemade" far outstrips factory made and packed!
The Duck Pate was sublime and lasted me for two further meals. The fishcakes
were reported as being excellent and worth repeating.
This is a restaurant with a difference. They have book evenings and evenings
where speakers come and present on various topics. Special wine pairing evenings
are also done. It's a place to go for a good lunch or a really special evening
Contact Details for Junipa's. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
Your children: Are you mollycoddling or
mollicating them? Big difference!
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Paws Pantry, Shop 06 in Morningview Shopping Centre – Vet retail store for dogs, cats, birds, etc. Food and accessories.
- Biltong-R-Us in Coachman's Crossing – large variety of different flavours biltong, chilli bites, dry wors and cabanossi.
- Glamour Shoes in Coachman's Crossing – Ladies' footwear: Stockists of shoes, handbags and luggage. Was on Ground.
- Washoku KYO Japanese Restaurant, Shop G19 Ground level in Coachman's Crossing – Japanese Noodles, Chinese food, Starters, soups, sushi.
- River Hawk Spur in Coachman's Crossing – Steaks, ribs, burgers, chicken, schnitzel, seafood, light meals, desserts.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,067 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
No, it's "Seekwince"... Back to top
stopped going to his ballet class due to an unfortunate sequins of events.
Civic: Upcoming Free Market Foundation
Wednesday, 23 May: MEDIA BRIEFING – Terence Corrigan (IRR) and Temba
Nolutshungu (FMF) – "Expropriation without compensation – Betrayal of the
Expropriation without compensation (EWC) is the most ominous reversal on the
road to true liberation for black South Africans since apartheid. It will deny
the rights for which black South Africans fought and died. Ironically, it will
be the children of those perpetrating EWC today who will be affected for the
next 100 years. Yet again, black people are and will continue to be the main
victims. Changing the Constitution to amend the property rights clause is not
required or desirable and is dangerous in the long term. Land reform is
necessary - but this is not the way to do it. Real property rights come with
secure title deeds. –
RSVP here ,
Wednesday, 30 May EVENING EVENT – Cecelia Kok (Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung)
– "Are you free to be you?" --A talk on individual freedom and identity
The world is witnessing a rise in identity politics on both ends of the
political spectrum. On the right, Trump's election promise of a border wall with
Mexico, his strong anti-Muslim rhetoric as well as his remarks about 'shithole'
African countries reveal a deep hostility to others on the basis of certain
kinds of group identity. On the left, notions such as 'the patriarchy', 'white
supremacy' and 'cultural appropriation' speak to the centrality of social
groups, notably race and gender. What does this mean for individual freedom? Are
identity politics and individual freedom compatible? Fee: R50 per person, CASH –
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
near the Checkout:
have unbounded energy!"
"That's good, right?"
"Not really: I mean, I can't bound like I used to!"