Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Mon & Thu above Car Service City,
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Presentation can be Easy!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at UWP Toastmasters: Meet
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 17:30 for 18:00 at Eton Office Park,
off Sloane St, Bryanston.
Call Judith Taylor on 082 389 3481 or
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries!): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
We visited a lot of shopping centres in the last month, resulting in a long
list of moved and new shops (directly below), two restaurant
reviews, and a long list of closed or disappeared
shops (further down). There is also an invitation to visit the Free
Market Foundation for a presentation on OUTA, which you can
also view on-line. Enjoy!
Do you want your ears pierced? I have an ear-piercing car alarm...
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- The Barber Stop has moved from Petervale Shopping Centre to Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – "Having a haircut has never been so much fun…"
- Jackie Mosselson, Registered Physiotherapist moved from The Wedge, Morningside to Drs Lewis, Moore and Gouws's new rooms in Rivonia Medical, Sports & Therapy Centre.
- The Book Place has moved two shops to the left in Coachman's Crossing – Where good books cost less. Mostly second-hand, some new.
- Great Burger Company is Closed for Renovations in Morningview Shopping Centre.
- Make-Up Designory (MUD) moved from Upper Level opposite Woolworths in Morning Glen Mall to Shop 26, Lower Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Make-up products, make-up education, make-up and hairstyling services.
- Barbilicious Hairdressing Spa moved from Sandton Court to shop B2 (next door to Koi and Cocoon Lounge) 24 Central, Fredman Drive – Ethnic hair and relaxers.
- Cheerleaders Sports Bar, Teasers Centre in Rivonia Area Shops – 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Teasers building, on the street). Sports on TV, cheerleader waitresses, daily specials, food & vibe.
- Pegs & Aces Building & Construction, Teasers Centre in Rivonia Area Shops – Civil and structural. Turnkey construction. Demolition. Major renovations. Master painters. Clear-Vu Fencing. 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Teasers Centre, on the lower parking lot).
- The Sneaker Shack, Shop D7, D: Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre – sneaker laundry service for active footwear-conscious people.
- Green Café, Shop 09, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall
– Directly outside Pick 'n Pay: hot beverages and snacks. Catering for
events and functions.
- Bump 'n Grind, Rivonia Medical, Sports & Therapy Centre in Rivonia Area Shops –
Coffee, tea kiosk. Biscuits. In Reception area at Rivonia Medical, Sports & Therapy Centre (1st Floor).
- Cherokee Hair Salon, Shop L03, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Hair extensions and wigs. Natural, 100% human hair extensions.
- Absolute Pets, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Opening 18 June: veterinary-approved dog and cat foods, pet products and accessories, basic veterinary medicine. Shampoo, chews, pet baskets, leads, name tags, collars. Parrot accessories.
- Steam Coffee Café, Shop 10, Ground in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill
– Coffee, teas, smoothies, cakes, pastries, salads, sandwiches, light meals,
- Kumon Bryanston East, Ground in Riverclub Shopping Centre – Maths and English tuition. Discovering the potential of each individual child.
- Performance Purist, Ground in Riverclub Shopping Centre
– Strength and conditioning gym.
- Bibi Rouge, Ground in Cambridge Crossing –
affordable locally made clothing for women.
- Nobel Tobacconist, Ground in Cambridge Crossing – Cigars, hubbly's, electronic cigarettes, pipes,
Zippo lighters. A wide array of cute and clever items.
- Riverclub Sports Massage Therapy, Ground in Riverclub Shopping Centre.
- Amaris Nail Boutique, Ground in Riverclub Shopping Centre – Nails, waxing, massage. Pensioner Tuesdays 15% off. Wednesday mums & daughters R50 off. Champagne Fridays.
- St Tropez French Deli & Salon de Thé, Ground in Riverclub Shopping Centre – Speciality delicatessen: hams, Merquez
& Toulouse sausages, pates. Cheeses, Take-away dishes. French pastries,
French bread. Jams, mustard, vinegar, cream of chestnuts. Breakfast, salads,
light lunches, baguettes.
- Maxway Restaurant, Shop GA02, Restaurants in Rivonia Oriental City – Chinese Restaurant.
- Café Legends, Shop L04, Lower Level in Rivonia Oriental City – Pure Kenyan coffees.
- Cartyé, Shop 13, Ground in Grosvenor Crossing – Sunbed and Tan Can. Variety of South African products.
- Studio 353, Rivonia Medical, Sports & Therapy Centre in Rivonia Area Shops – Beauty parlour, gents' & ladies' hairdressing. Relaxers, curl reducers, colouring, weaving and braiding.
- Kids Emporium, Shop 37, Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Maternity, Nursery furniture, Children's Furniture, Travel Systems, Children's Wear, Gifts, Décor and Essentials.
- Biltong Republic kiosk, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Outside Red Square. Karoo, Kalahari, Namibian flavours.
- Precision Glaze, Kinetic Sports Centre in Rivonia Area – Professional auto detailing: Polishing, paint protection, paint correction, ceramic coating, interior cleaning
and mag wheel polishing.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Polpetta, now at The Wedge Shopping Centre, Morningside
Opening much later than they expected as the renovation of this centre is way
behind schedule. Access was a challenge for me as the lifts in the underground
parking were not functional. However, I found two plant containers that solved
my problem easily! By then my partner had lost me! Not a big enough place to
stay lost in for long, we soon found each other and proceeded to our
destination. This is a really changed and enlarged place to go and Patience was
on duty. She has to be one of my best waiters by far!
Hot chocolate and Robertson Sauvignon Blanc were brought. Osso Buco was
ordered for sharing and proved to be excellent. The Pizza oven provides a good
source of heating and the place is airy and inviting. The sun deck will prove a
place to be on sunny days. Looking forward to more visits.
Contact Details for Polpetta Pizza & Pasta. Back to top
**** Ocean Basket, Chilli Lane, Sunninghill
With easy access, this was an ideal venue for a leisurely dinner. We opted to
share the Prawn and Fish combo, which served my desire for prawns and butter.
These combos are good and have the useful side of providing for everyone's
taste! The Ocean Basket Dry White in a carafe is a good drinkable wine and the
hot chocolate went down well. We were feeling a little festive so ended up
having a Kataifi and an Irish coffee.
Sharon Mguni was a great waiter and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Contact Details for Ocean Basket. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
We say that my friend
has a "unique approach to jazz". He plays very badly.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
6,058 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT,
- Altanoor Grill and Hubbly Lounge in Rivonia Area Shops
– Restaurant, 344 Rivonia Boulevard (Teasers building, on the street).
- Rox Clothing in Rivonia Area Shops – Was in Teasers Centre.
- Atlas Finance in Rivonia Area Shops – Loans. 344 Rivonia Boulevard (next to Teasers, on the street).
- Auto Electrical Bay in Rivonia Area Shops – batteries, central locking, starters, car alarms, wiring, alternators, aircon (Teasers Centre, on the upper parking lot).
- Montana Body Art Tattoos in Rivonia Area Shops
– Professional Tattooing and body piercing.
- Primi Piatti, Shop 41 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Italian Restaurant:
Was up the stairs outside Ocean Basket. The only restaurant with a scenic view.
- Integrity in Riverclub Shopping Centre – Event management solutions. Member of the Win Win Group.
- Win Win Inside in Riverclub Shopping Centre
– Brand, culture, and people development.
- Cyclic, Shop 11 in Grosvenor Crossing – Retailers of Yeti mountain Bikes and Colnago
- Investment Cars Bryanston – premier vehicles, 4x4 and exotic pre-owned vehicles. Cor William Nicol Drive and Ballyclare Drive opposite Bryanston Shopping Centre.
- Blott in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Toys, bags, stationery and back-to-school requirements. Was Upper Level.
- Mirror Me, Shop 37 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Makeup, lipstick, ear piercing, nail bar. Was Upper Level.
- Petits Fours - Milan, Shop 42 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Wholesome café style foods and freshly baked delicacies. Was Upper Level.
- Free Range, Shop 18A in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Locally-produced ladies' clothing and décor. Was Upper Level.
- Andiccio 24 Morningside in Sandton Court – Create your own pizza from a selection of bases, toppngs, extra cheese, etc.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Boksing Above His
Julius says that Springbok rugby tickets are
available at the Boks office.
Invitation: The OUTA story: From e-toll boycott to defence of the taxpayer against tax abuse and state capture
Chief Executive Officer, Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA),
will detail OUTA’s journey, its close calls with near closure, and the
challenges it overcame to achieve its broader mandate as tax abuse
watchdog. Wayne will also provide a high-level exposure of the modus operandi
of state capture with particular reference to State Owned Enterprises (SOEs).
Born in 2012, OUTA is a Civil Action Organisation established to challenge
corruption and hold the guilty accountable. From initially challenging
Gauteng’s e-Tolls, OUTA has developed into an organisation equipped
with in-house litigation, research, investigation, communication and
administrative teams. Its crew of 40 exposes inefficiencies, maladministration
and corruption within the state. They aim to halt wasteful expenditure and irrational
decisions that are not in the best interests of society.
Wednesday, 20 June 2018
17:45 – 18:15
(Registration & cheese ’n wine)
18:15 – 19:30 (Presentation + Q&A)
Venue: Free Market Foundation, Block 5, Bryanston Gate, 170 Curzon Road, Bryanston
(opposite Sandton Medi-Clinic)
Entry fee: R50 per person CASH ONLY at door – for cheese, wine, challenging intellectual debate and scintillating company! Media free. For more information and to RSVP for each person attending,
To watch events LIVE via the FMF’s Facebook page,
click this link and then scroll down to the event.
near the Exit
"The Nigerian team at
the Soccer World Cup were so disappointed with their first performance in Russia that they
are offering fans their money back!"
"Really? That's generous..."
"Yes, all you have to do is send your banking
details and a copy of your ID to this Nigerian email address..."