Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Breakfast Club Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Saturday of the month at Bryanston Sports Club, corner of Payne and Main
Roads, Bryanston, at
08:45 for 09:00. Future leaders are welcome! Call 082 389-3481,
email the VPPR..
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Bicycle Repair Specialist, Open 7 days a week!
Suspension Specialist (FOX Accredited), wheel build, custom bike build,
all repairs & maintenance. Mon to Fri 08:30–18:00, Sat 08:30–14:00, Sun &
PH 09:00–13:00: Cambridge Crossing, c/o Witkoppen & Stonehaven Roads, Paulshof. Visit our
Facebook page or
sign up to our newsletter for Weekly Winter Specials. Tel 011 234 7666
Apology to Cycloworx
Other bicycle shops may have closed, but Cycloworx is still going
strong in the newly-revamped Cambridge Crossing, c/o Witkoppen & Stonehaven Roads, Paulshof. They are just to the right of the
Continental Butchery & Bakery. Our sincere apologies to Monique
and Cycloworx for incorrectly listing them as "closed" in the June issue of this newsletter.
New tenants are moving apace into the upper level at
The Wedge, Morningside.
To get to the upper parking, drive to the left around the new parking
block, via a temporary gravel stretch and then a ramp up. The new
Planet Fitness gym will be right in front of you, though its entrance is
a storey up around the back. To your right is a new SuperSpar, an upmarket
and extensive supermarket, still with some opening specials, and big
sister to the 90 Degrees Spar. Further to the right is Spar Tops Bottle
Store, for those with expensive tastes in liquor. Morningside Dispensary
has returned to its old place, which now locates it between Spar Tops
and Polpetta Restaurant. The lifts to the lower parking levels are
"I've thought about writing a book about riding
bicycles safely at night, called 'The 7 Habits of Highly Reflective People'."
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Cycloworx, Definitely still open in Shop 04 in Cambridge Crossing – "The bicycle workshop": Servicing bicycles, making friends. Open Mon to Fri 08:30–18:00, Sat 08:30–14:00, Sun & Holidays 09:00–13:00.
- Bergens Appliance Repairs & Spares moved from Petervale Shopping Centre to 123 12th Avenue, Cnr 12th Ave and Autumn Road in Rivonia North (and didn't tell us!) – Repairs to all kinds of household appliances: Washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, fridges, microwave ovens, stoves, VCRs, Hi-Fi, etc.
- Precision Glaze, Kinetic Sports Centre in Rivonia Area Shops – Professional auto detailing: Polishing, paint protection, paint correction, ceramic coating, interior cleaning, and mag wheel polishing. In the basement parking.
- Anume Beauty & Spa, Shop 11, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Face treatments, body treatments, nail enhancements, hand & foot, tinting, waxing, safe tanning, laser hair removal.
- Coffee Shop 2 Be, Shop 43A, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Small Coffee shop in what used to be part of Manor Pharmacy's space.
- S88 Woodmead, Shop W, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – "Multi-branded lifestyle store": Clothes and footwear. Nike, Adidas, many brands.
- Spar Tops, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Upmarket Bottle Store with extensive expensive range of liquor, and small amount of boxed wine.
- Superspar, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Upmarket and extensive supermarket, with some opening specials (opened 26 June 2018). Big sister to the 90 Degrees Spar.
- Planet Fitness, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Large fully-equipped gym. Entrance at the top level, round the back.
- Medbond in Morningview Shopping Centre – Financial Services, Insurance, and Investment Banking Organisation based in Dubai, Hong Kong, "Veitnam", and South Africa.
- Rodavani in Morningview Shopping Centre – Exclusive men's shoes, so exclusive that they display no contact details and seem seldom open.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Adega, Grosvenor Crossing, Bryanston: 26 May 2018
Access here was achieved by going up the slope to the fast food outlets and
then walking past the hardware store! However, the restaurant is welcoming and
well laid out. Wine, however, was a problem as the lower priced ones were all
out of stock. I was offered a carafe of Place in the Sun Chardonnay, which was
sold as being two glasses. Sadly it wasn't. I then found out that they did have
Darling Bush Vine Sauvignon Blanc. This proved to be a really great find. I am
enjoying the Darling wines more and more.
My partner had mango juice and we shared the Spare Ribs combo. My part of
the combo were the most plump and delicious prawns. The spare ribs were also
very good. With attentive service from Rosemary, excellent food and wine, Adega
is a place to go to celebrate.
Contact Details for Adega. Back to top
**** Pappadums, Morning Glen Mall, corner Kelvin Drive and Bowling Avenue, Gallo Manor
Another of our favourite places, with an excellent Mango Lassi as well! I
ordered Strydom Freshman Sauvignon Blanc - another new wine to add to my list. My
partner's food choice was a mild Chana Masala whilst I ordered the Murg Tikka
medium. Charity is used to my "No rice, thank you", which still surprises in
other restaurants. Good food and good service, plus reusable takeaway containers.
Contact Details for Pappadums. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
"If nocturnal animals are active at night, and
diurnal ones during the day, what do you call animals that sleep most of the time?"
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
- Sunhill Beauty Spa, Shop 11 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Face treatments, body treatments, nail enhancements, hand & foot, tinting, waxing, safe tanning, laser hair removal.
- Abinas Ethnic Hair Salon, Shop 65 in Morning Glen Mall – Ethnic Hair Salon, now under new management. Was Upper Level.
- Bamboo Environmental Services in Rivonia North Shops – pest control, hygiene, consumables, toilet paper, soaps, eco-friendly chemicals, paper towels, cleaning chemicals. Was 12th Ave just off Autumn Road, near Rivonia Road.
- Burgerack, Shop G05-06 in Coachman's Crossing – Ribs, craft burgers, waffles, Monster Shakes. Catering for onsite and instore year-end parties.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,028 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Recycling to the People Back to top
Julius asks, how can City of Johannesburg expect us to re-cycle when we didn't cycle in
the first place? Non-cyclists should be exempt from re-cycling! Amandla!
Civic: Wildfires In COJ Conservation Areas
During our dry winters there are often fires in our parks and City of Johannesburg (COJ) Conservation
areas like the Sandspruit, Braamfontein Spruit, Delta Park and Melville Koppies. Please
report them at the 24-hour number 011 760 9143. You can also
call Phillip 071 220 3696 or Moses 082 344 2407. Information from
City Councillor Tim Truluck (DA, Ward 117: Victory Park, Parkhurst, Parktown North, Rosebank, Parkwood, Saxonwold,
South Africa’s Economy needs Real Change!
The economy shrank by 2.2% in the first quarter of 2018 relative to the same
quarter in 2017. We had a 24%
collapse in agricultural production. A 9.9% collapse in mining, 6.4% in
manufacturing: All sectors that employ lots of people. It will take more
than talk shops, conferences and PR launches to change the trajectory of our
economy. The same policies, sold by a new President, will not deliver real job-creating growth. The hard, cold reality is that just about every key metric that
describes the South African economy today is heading quite dramatically in the
wrong direction. Government’s response has generally been to aggravate
the situation, even as investors, analysts, ratings agencies and international
organisations spell out the change we need.
What can be done?
Read more here.
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
Overheard near the Checkout:
"Do you see any gloves in the shop?"
"No, not off hand!"