Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Breakfast Club Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Saturday of the month at Bryanston Sports Club, corner of Payne and Main
Roads, Bryanston, at
08:45 for 09:00. Future leaders are welcome! Call 082 389-3481,
email the VPPR..
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and Johannesburg:
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Shopping Centre News
This month we list a number of changes in Morningside Shopping Centre, Hobart Grove Bryanston, Bryanston Shopping Centre,
and elsewhere. Some of them are so new that they have not happened yet!
Like the Pick n Pay Clothing that was supposed to open on 1 November, replacing
FNB in Morningside Shopping Centre. Also Typo and Waltons in the same
We have also started listing shops in the new +200 Rivonia Road Medical Centre
(approximately opposite the Caltex Garage next to Summit Road, across from the
Police Station). Phase 1 opened a while ago with Dis-Chem as anchor tenant.
Phase 2 is still under construction, replacing the last of the much more modest
little building that preceded it.
Sadly, Junipas Restaurant in Hobart Grove appears to have closed for good.
The place has been gutted. Although there were initially signs indicating that
it was under renovation, the phones do not work, emails bounce, and the
website no longer exists. It's a pity: They were a source of good, if
expensive, Banting bread.
Finally, if you own a small business, or are thinking of starting one, below
we have a once-a-year special offer on some of the best South African small
business courses available.
Famous Quote of the
"64.3% of all statistics are made up." –A. Nonymous.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Gallo Manor Post Office in Morning Glen Mall has moved from Shop 38-39 (Lower Level) to Shop 47 (Upper Level, where Nedbank was).
- Mowit has moved from D8, Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre to 268 Main Road, Bryanston – Lawnmower service and sales. Chain saws. Brushcutters. Ride-on mowers.
- Pressed in Time has become Laundry Days, Shop D05, D: Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre – Dry Cleaners, laundry, carpet cleaning and shoe repair.
- IM Optical - Optometrist has become Execuspecs Bryanston, Shop F08a, Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Complete eye care for the family, including: visual examinations; pathology screenings; visual therapy; contact lens fitting. Wide selection of frames.
- 3@1, Shop D08, Main Square Northwest in Hobart Grove Centre – Business and Communications Service Store offering:, Print and copy services (including wide format and canvas), International and local courier, Digital and print photo services, Internet Services, Web design, Stationery, Laminating and Binding, Secretarial Services,.
- Pandora has reopened in a smaller shop, Shop 11, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Interesting Ladies' clothing, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories. Reopened early November 2018 next to the Pick n Pay entrance.
- Scotch & Soda, Shop U38, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Amsterdam couture: luxury branded clothing for men and women. Replaced Infinite 63.
- Birkenstock, Shop U14, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Shoe shop - men's and ladies'. Opened 15 September 2018.
- Pringle of Scotland, Shop U18, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Exclusive branded clothing for men and women in the big free-standing glass kiosk outside Design in Motion.
- Rugs Original, Shop L21, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Large stockist of Persian, Oriental and modern Belgian carpets and rugs.
- Beauty Factory, Shop L26, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Quality bath and body products direct from the Beauty Factory to your bathroom. Opened October 2018.
- Café Patisse (kiosk), Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Kiosk under the escalators. Patisserie, chocolatier and confectionary. All-day Breakfast. Salads. Five lunch items. Catering.
- Sansiro, Shop 03A, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Upmarket men's boutique. Exclusive men's clothing, shoes, and perfume: "Wear smart, smell divine".
- The Christmas Boutique, Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Everything Christmas: Biggest selection of imported Xmas decorations. Snow globes Includes Musical, Christmas Candles and Accessories, Christmas Table Linen, Christmas Tree Skirts, Bags & Ribbons, Assorted Ceramics, Christmas Trees & Decorations, Multipacks, Christmas Bears, Stockings & Santa Sacks, Wreaths, Crackers, Table Top Decorations.
- Coming Soon: Typo, Shop U15, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Quirky interior design, homeware. Rugs, cushions, bags, clocks, boards, decorations, gifting and stationery.
- Coming: Walton's, Shop L07a, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Stationery on the Move.
- Coming: Pick n Pay Clothing, Shop L16-17, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Was supposed to open 1 November.
Newly listed in the new +200 Rivonia Road Medical Centre:
- Dis-Chem Morningside Pharmacy, +200 Rivonia Road in Morningside Area Shops – Supermarket-type Pharmacy. Hair, Health & Beauty, magazines, cosmetics, sweets. Open Mon–Fri 08:30–20:00, Sat 08:30–16:00, Sundays 09:00–15:00.
- Fego Caffé - Morningside, +200 Rivonia Road in Morningside Area Shops – Coffee Shop. Food & Dine. Excellent everyday meals, great food, great coffee.
- Vision Works Optometrists, +200 Rivonia Road in Morningside Area Shops – Sunglasses, prescription eyewear, spectacles, glasses, contact lenses.
- Renewal Institute, +200 Rivonia Road in Morningside Area Shops – Incorporating skin, body, health, brain, sleep.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Riverside Cafe and Bistro, Riverside Shops, Bryanston
What a joy to meet one of my old friends from Nino's Rivonia and get top
class service from him! Big shout out for Thomas, who made sure that we had the
best service ever! This time my wine was Wolftrap Chardonnay, which I love. My
partner had Appletizer on this sunny day! I then had Calamari St Diavolo -
glorious. My partner opted for Springbok Carpaccio and I asked for a taste. It
was really good.
This is a great place to go especially in the Summer as there is a lovely outdoor section.
Contact Details for Riverside Café and Bistro. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
"Unrelentless": New word coined by 702 Talk
Radio presenter Bongani Bingwa on 2018-09-25. He apparently combined
"relentless" with "unrelenting" (the double negative would make
it mean the opposite of what he probably intended).
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and register (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject:
we will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line).
- Junipa's, Shop D04 in Hobart Grove Centre – Bistro-style restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner, open 7 days a week. Liquor licenced. Bakery: cakes, breads, rye bread, sourdough, etc. Was Main Square Northwest.
- Ash Cellular (kiosk) in Morning Glen Mall – Kiosk outside Pick 'n Pay. Cellular accessories, electronic toys, watches.
- Infinite 63, Shop U38 in Morningside Shopping Centre – The Infinite 60 brand of fine denim and luxury branded clothing for men and women.
- Trishys, Shop U14 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Ladies' fashion boutique with local and imported clothes suitable for all ages.
- Cloth & Label, Shop U18/U18a in Morningside Shopping Centre – Concept Store offering exclusive wardrobe essentials for men and women in the big free-standing glass kiosk outside Design in Motion.
- Arena Wellness, Shop L07a in Morningside Shopping Centre – Exercise gym and juice bar: Boutique fitness hub with quality service, expert coaching and the latest equipment.
- Avinia's Beauty Spa, Shop 06 in Grosvenor Crossing – Skin treatments, massage, manicure and pedicure.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
Around 6,000 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
says Herman is being unfair to Johannesburg's hawkers: He is even going so far
as to confiscate their hawks.
Big Discount on Small Business Courses!
Our friend and teacher, the business guru Peter Carruthers, is offering some
very special pricing on his courses for Black Friday. He writes:
"Why on earth would anybody call the biggest shopping day of the year
It seems it was used to describe the heavy pedestrian and vehicle traffic on the
day after Thanksgiving in the USA. This usage dates back to 1961. Another
explanation is that this day represented the point in the year when retailers
begin to turn a profit. In other words, going from "in the red" to "in the
Whatever the reason, it’s become a feature of the commercial year.
This Black Friday I offer 500 coupons offering 66% discount on all my available
courses. (The coupon code is
The courses on offer are:
discounted to R66.98
How to Build a Lifetime Business Online
discounted to R508.98
How to CrashProof Your Business
discounted to R508.98
Small Business Owner Tax Course
discounted to R508.98
Business Writing Fast Track Secrets
discounted to R508.98
How to Use Email to Sell More To More People
discounted to R508.98
POPI Intro Training for 2018
POPI Intro Training via Email
These prices start now and end with the 500th coupon. Or at midnight on Cyber
Monday, 26th November. (Whichever
started in 2005 as a way to inspire online sales after the Thanksgiving weekend
in the USA."
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
at the Checkout:
wish we could get IKEA furniture here!"
"Ickier? Isn't our existing furniture icky enough?"