Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling, Upper Level in Morning Glen
We have been around for over thirty years and are up to date with
the latest hair trends. Please come in and find out our latest specials or call
Tonia on 011 802-7403 or 011 804-1019. e-mail us.
Mall is the original shopping centre of Morningside Manor and Gallo Manor, located at
the corner of Kelvin Drive and Bowling Avenue. After many years of serving a growing community, it
has now expanded
substantially. As of 1 November 2009 all shops moved into Phase 1 of the new
Silver Pine Spur opened March 2010 on the upper level, and Pizza Perfect and
Burger Perfect in late June. The Second Phase opened at the end of August 2010
with Woolworths, Meltz, DIY Depot and Capitec Bank. After some changes,
the tenant mix has settled down: A few shops are still available.
Ownership and management of the centre changed on 1 April 2016: New details
Parking: There is plenty of open-air and
covered parking; one hour is free. Charges apply thereafter: 1-3 hours R7, 3-4 hours R15, over 4 hours R25,
After 24 hours, R25 per 12 hrs or part thereof. Lost Ticket R50. Free parking is extended by 30
minutes to a total of 90 minutes if you take a Pick 'n Pay till slip to the Parking Office, down the
passage on the left of Country Collage.
Parking tariff signs contain this amazing statement: "No payment by cheque,
credit card & cash is acceptable". Perhaps they accept cowry shells?
Both parking levels are accessible from Bowling
Avenue just south of the BP Garage. The lower level also has an imposing but awkward main entrance at new traffic
lights on Kelvin Drive just west of Bowling Ave (down the hill).
The person who "designed" the parking has not yet been found (so that he can be shot).
GPS Coordinates: Main Entrance (Kelvin Drive, lower level only): -26.06793, 28.07303; Bowling Ave Entrance (both levels): -26.06612, 28.07494.
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R190/month!
Around 6000 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Both anchor tenants (Woolworths and Pick n Pay) and the majority of shops now trade
on Saturdays from 09:0017:00.
- Later in the year, Morning Glen Mall is going to start being redeveloped,
with a new tenant mix and "bigger anchors etc. that can't be disclosed now.
The parking will also be addressed".
- Zeeshop, Shop 62, Upper Level Ladies' boutique, opened August 2017.
- Leather and Luggage has closed. So has Polly Potters Toy Store.
- Fego Caffι has become Cafeum Diem under the same management. Service seems to have gone down.
- From 1 April 2016 the centre has been under new ownership and management. See Note directly below under these bullet points.
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this site: Please contact
Morning Glen Centre Marketing Manager: Telephone 011 811 0145, Fax 011 441 4452 The Centre Office on the upper level, down the little side passage near the lift. Contact: Zandre Van Den Berg: e-mail email@example.com
Leasing Enquiries: Telephone 011 441 4000, Fax 011 441 4452 Broll Property Group (Pty) Ltd. from 1 April 2016. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
Owners: SA Retail Properties (Pty) Ltd. from 1 April 2016.
Opinions expressed on this site are those of Megaplex and do not necessarily reflect those of the mall nor its owners, who make no financial contribution towards this page.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
To search this site, see foot of page. This page is provided as a public
service because the centre has no web page of its own please
any corrections or to advertise.
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also
contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
All Newsletters 2009-date,
Room to Let in Morningside Manor, Available Now!
Small Bedroom with en suite
half bathroom. Shared lounge, dining room, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including washing). Close to shops and bus routes. To Let for one person only. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
Shops in the Ground Floor (Lower Level):
Back to top
Pick n Pay Liquor and the Post Office are at the east entrance (the first one you encounter in the car park if you enter from Bowling Ave). Pick 'n Pay
supermarket is directly opposite the middle entrance. Mica Hardware is at the west
entrance, the first entrance you get to when entering from Kelvin
Drive). Shops below are listed in shop number order, clockwise from Pick n Pay Liquor to Mica,
and back to the Post Office opposite Pick n Pay Liquor (see floor plan below):
- Delivery Xtreme Rivonia: Telephone 011 802 0822 Deliveries to Rivonia, Gallo Manor, Woodmead and surrounding areas from local restaurants, Melissa's, and Boulevard Cellars Liquor. Open every day 09:00-22:00. Located in the Basement Car Park opposite the Post Office entrance. e-mail email@example.com web site
- Pick n Pay Liquor (Shop 01): c/o Supermarket 011 802-3118, 011 804-1242 Next to the eastern entrance on the lower level. For your alcoholic needs (or should that be "for your alcoholic's need"?). Replaced Picardi Rebel in September 2014. Your Smart Shopper card works here too.
- Pandora (Shop 02/03): Telephone 011 440 5885, 074 315 4962 Interesting Ladies' clothing, bags, shoes, boots, and accessories. Contact: Jenny: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookdealers of Gallo Manor (Shop 04): Telephone 011 656-7026 Book shop: Large variety of publishers' overstocks (remainders), extensive and interesting selection of rare and out-of-print, and second-hand books. Open M-F 09:00-20:00, Sat 09:00-18:00, Sun 09:00-15:00. Contact: Justin Gordon: e-mail JustGordon001@yahoo.co.uk Group web site
- Wimpy Morning Glen (Shop 05): Telephone 011 656-1202, Fax 011 656-1201 Famous Fast food. Reopened December 2010.
- Health WakeUp (Shop 06): Telephone 011 802 0034 "Health" products, "detox and cleansing". Opened 17 October 2015. 10% discount on some products, 15% discount on colon treatments, until 31 December 2015. Contact: Zodwa Ndebele, Manager: e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Superior Cell & Computer (Shop 08): Telephone 081 420 3598, 074 587 8393 Cell phone and computer sales and repair centre. Most popular makes including iPhone and Nokia. e-mail Simple60825@yahoo.com
- Cafeum Diem (formerly Fego Caffι) (Shop 09): Telephone 011 656 7190, 083 604 1111 Directly outside Pick 'n Pay: beverages, light meals, snacks and desserts. Supervised kiddies play park. Open Mon-Fri 07:30-18:30, Sat 08:00-16:00, Sun & Public Holidays 08:00-14:00. Contact: Deidre van der Merwe: e-mail email@example.com https facebook page. Read Restaurant review here
- ATMs: Lost ATM Cards 0800 111 155 (Absa), 0800 110 132 (FNB), 0800 020 600 (Std) ABSA, Nedbank, First National Bank and Standard (all just inside the south entrance outside Pick 'n Pay). The nearest FNB
is in Morningside Shops, and all four banks have branches in Rivonia.
- Foto First (Shop 11): Telephone 011 802-3034, Cell 082 454-3149 Processing of photographs; copies made.
- Postnet (Shop 12): Telephone 011 802-5747. , Fax 011 802-5748, Cell 083 656-6147 Faster mail, parcel courier, post boxes, faxing and copying. Now directly outside Pick 'n Pay. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Absolute Pets (Shop 13): Telephone 011 656-2247 Vet Shop: Veterinary-quality Pet Food: Vet's Choice, Eukanuba, Hills, Iams, etc., pet toys, dog and cat beds etc. Open M-F 09:00-19:00, Sat 09:00-17:00, Sun 09:00-15:00. Contact: Dr Nicky Greenblatt, BVsc (Veterinarian): e-mail gallomanor@AnimalPharm.co.za Group web site
- Sensational Blinds & Flooring (Shop 14): Telephone 011 656 5100 Opposite the escalators. Carpets, under-carpet heating, canvas awnings roller blinds, canopies, laminated flooring, blinds: Vertical, wooden, bamboo, venetian, pleated, roman, honeycomb. Contact: Fouzan: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Versus Paint Specialists (Shop 14): Telephone 011 885 3136 Inside Sensational Blinds & Flooring. Free colour consultations and paint advice (by appointment only). Contact: Shannon Prestia: e-mail Shannon@versuspaint.co.za Group web site
- Clicks (Shop 16): Telephone 011 656-0234, Group 0860 CLICKS Health, Home and Beauty Store. Healthcare advice, low medicine prices and a shop offering a wide range of beauty and healthcare products. e-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Gello Manor Express Cellular (sic) (Shop 19): Telephone 011 656-2365, 072 788 2912, 079 239 4978 10% discount on all items until 31 December: Computer sales and repairs. Electronics. Cell phone repairs, water-damaged phones. Buy second-hand phones. Batteries and phone accessories. Remote batteries. Airtime: Telkom, Vodacom, MTN, Cell-C. Contact: Ibrahim Mulla: e-mail email@example.com
- Barberazzi (Shop 20): Telephone 074 827 3420 Barber shop, Men's Grooming. Men's and boys haircuts R100-R130, Shave & funky beard styling; head shave R90, threading. Open M-F 09:00-12:00, 14:00-18:00, Sat 09:00-16:00, Sun 09:00-15:00. Contact: Eric: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luxury Curtain and Dιcor (Shop 18): Telephone 011 656 3046 Curtains, alterations, upholstery, all kinds of blinds, haberdashery. Opposite Mica Hardware. Contact: Wasim: e-mail email@example.com
- Morning Glen Mica (Shop 22): Telephone 011 802-2638, Fax 011 802-2926 All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, helpful advice and great service! Open M-F 08:00-18:00, Sat 08:00-16:30, Sunday 09:00-13:00, non-religious Public Holidays 09:00-14:00. Closed on Ascension Day. Contact: Tyrone (Manager) / Jayson / Alan: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- JAM Clothing (Shop 23): Telephone 011 656 4470, Head Office 031 303 9670 Opened 27 August 2013, replacing Meltz. "Famous for less": Top quality fashion brands for the whole family. Open 7 days a week, JAM gives shoppers the best value for the lowest price. e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Yeye Oge (Shop 25): Telephone 078 048 7805 Experience true African fashion: Laces brocade, wax, batik, damask, head ties, aso-oke. Italian shoes, bags and accessories. Contact: Bukky Ogunrombi: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick n Pay Clothing (Shop 26): Telephone 011 656 2471 Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Compliments the range found at the main Pick n Pay. Contact: Judith: e-mail email@example.com
- Perfect 10 Morning Glen (Shop 27): Telephone 011 656-2449 Nails, Facials (Guinot, Environ, Demalogica), Manicure, Pedicure, wax, tinting, lash extensions, massage. Contact: Neesha Ramsumar: e-mail NeeshaRamsumar@gmail.com
- Parking Office Down the passage left of Country Collage. Free parking is extended by 30 minutes to a total of 90 minutes if you present a Pick 'n Pay till slip.
- Country Collage (Shop 28): Telephone 011 802-3707, Fax 011 802-8567 Carol Boyes pewter, ceramics, silver, homeware and gifts, artificial flowers, cushions, linen, cloths, mirrors, glassware and candles. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick 'n Pay (Shop 30): Telephone 011 802 3118, 011 804 1242 Supermarket: household items, groceries, fresh bread, fruit and vegetables, specialist foods, delicatessen, snacks, clothing, much more
Has a good range of items, including Kosher foods for the large Jewish community nearby. Open M-F 08:00-19:00, Saturdays 08:00-17:00, Sundays and Public Holidays 09:00-15:00. Contact: George: e-mail email@example.com
- Cardies (Shop 31): Fax 011 022 3402, Cell 083 440 3402 Cards, gifts, wrapping and occasions. Contact: Martin: Group web site
- Revive Dry Cleaners (Shop 33): Telephone 011 656-6991 Dry cleaning, clothing alterations and shoe repairs.
- Ink Sarang (Shop 34): Telephone 071 687 6155 Printer ink and toner cartridge refills: Generic and original for all popular makes: Lexmark, HP, Samsung, Epson, Canon. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- D&O Factory Outlet, "Underworld" (Shop 34A): Telephone 073 792 7974 New Pop-Up tenant commenced trading July 2016 for the next 3 months. They sell active wear and underwear. Contact: Bash: e-mail email@example.com
- MNSP Security Projects (Shop 35): Telephone 011 802 0156, Fax 086 274 3358 CCTV, electric fencing, garage motors, gate motors, alarm systems, access control, intercoms, remotes, welding, fingerprint systems. e-mail Group: firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Curry & Spice (Shop 36A): Telephone 011 656 6178, 071 324 1361, 084 206-7004 Authentic Indian spices and take-away food. Contact: Komala Nydoo: e-mail email@example.com
- Willo Tree Boutique (Shop 37A): Telephone 083 227 3651, 084 995 5386 Ladies' boutique unique imported clothing at affordable prices. Contact: Elana: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gallo Manor Post Office (Shop 38-39): Telephone 011 802-4078 Stamps, snail mail, telegrams, parcel post, post box applications, telephone applications, telephone books, pay-a-bill, airtime, banking, courier, money transfer, philately, photocopying, fax, micro-loans, stationery, internet, binding, laminating, Lotto. Hours 08:30-17:00 Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 09:00-17:00 Wednesday, 08:00-13:00 Saturday.
Advertise here: Seen by 30,155 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 for
the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Shops in the Upper Level (First Floor):
Back to top
These are listed in shop order, clockwise from Spur at the the east entrance,
to Woolwortths in the west, and back to the Spur. Manor Pharmacy has its own entrance directly onto the parking area
on the south in the middle. See floor plan below.
- Supa Quick Service Centre (Shop 45/47): Telephone 011 804 1029, 011 804 1046, Cell 082 955 1181, Fax 011 804 9384 Car batteries, new tyres, tyre repairs, wheel balancing and alignment, tow-bars, shock-absorbers. Open Mon-Fri 07:30-17:00, Saturday 08:00-13:00 on the Upper Parking on the south side outside Manor Pharmacy. Contact: Joe Hamman (Branch Manager): e-mail email@example.com web site
- Silver Pine Spur (Shop 41): Telephone 011 656-0715 Steak Restaurant and Fast Food: Great steaks, salads, hamburgers, chicken, chips and soft drinks. opened 9 March 2010 with an excellent attitude to customers. Children welcome birthday parties a speciality. Contact: Kyle: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Read Restaurant review here
- Burger Perfect (Shop 40A): Telephone 011 656 6523, 011 656 0331 Fast food: Salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, toasted sandwiches, chips (fries) and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Contact: Nick: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Pizza Perfect (Shop 40B): Telephone 011 656-0652, 011 656-0378 Fast food: Pizzas, pasta, subs (submarine sandwiches), salads, and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km. Contact: Nick: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- 4give Nail and Beauty Clinic (Shop 42): Telephone 011 804 3134, 083 506 1632 Nail Bar, nail art, eye lash extensions and tinting, manicures, pedicures, waxing, facials, laser treatments, massage. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00, Saturday 09:00-17:00, Sunday 09:00-14:00. Contact: Forgiveness Xolelwa Mhlontlo: e-mail 4giveNailsandBeautyClinic@gmail.com;email@example.com https facebook page
- Manor Pharmacy and Medicine Depot (Shop 43): Telephone 011 804 4040, Emergencies 082 556 2296, Fax 011 804 3495 Dispensary, top cosmetics and fragrances, Health shop (Large) coffee shop, Beauty salon. Great gifts for all occasions. Estee Lauder, Clarins, Kanebo, Elizabeth Arden, Vichy, Roc, Revlon, Almay, Bioderma. Open 08:30 to 20:30 Monday to Saturday, 09:00 to 20:30 Sunday and Public holidays. Contact: Lynne: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coffee Shop & Home Industry (Shop 43): Telephone 011 804 4040 Inside Manor Pharmacy, on your right as you enter from the mall. Tea, coffee, cakes and cookies. e-mail email@example.com
- Workshop 90 (Shop 44): Telephone 011 802 2718, Cell 082 657 3591 Teplov and Block Pointι shoes, Ballet, Jazz. Ballroom, Gym, Spanish and Tap Shoes; full range of Leotards for gym and Dancing; Kryloan make-up; fancy dress and masks. Contact: Smiley: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capitec Bank (Shop 49 & 50): Telephone 011 656 0382 / 0405 / 2839, 072 581 5537, 073 975 1118, 24hr Care Line 0860 102043, Fax 011 656 2439 This branch is under new management, we hope better than the previous (it could hardly be worse!). Get the lowest fees, longest hours, the massively over-officious attitude to FICA and be charged R52 to replace expired cards (which no other bank does)! Open M-F 08:00-17:00, Sat 08:00-13:00. Branch Manager: Irene Naicker, Assistant Branch Manager: Sibusiso Ntshangase. Contact: Irene Naicker: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- The Deli Store (Shop 51-54): Telephone 011 656 3142 / 3154 Kosher Butchery and delicatessen. Opened early November 2012. e-mail info@TheDeliStore.co.za web site
- Make-Up Designory (MUD) (Shop 53): Telephone 011 656 0120, Fax 086 403 8287 Make-up products and make-up education. MUD Studio, Upper Level (entrance 5, next to Woolworths). Contact: Brenda Botha: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Pappadums (Shop 56): Telephone 011 656 1460, 071 362 8432, 076 107 1428 Indian Restaurant, opened 16 August 2015 featuring a variety of South and North Indian food. Open Tue-Sun 11:00-21:30. Contact: Vikram: e-mail email@example.com web site,
facebook page. Read Restaurant review here
- Woolworths (Shop 57): Telephone 011 603-2118 Quality affordable clothing and up-market food hall. Contact: Sifiso Ledwaba: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Mr Price Home (Shop 58 & 59): Telephone 079 981 6262 Affordable homeware, dιcor and furnishings - opened 29 March 2012. Contact: Hudson (Manager): e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Mr Price Gallo Manor (Shop 60 & 61): Telephone 011 656 5235 Affordable clothing: Casual and formal wear: Men's, ladies, children. Footwear, shoes, accessories. Opened 29 March 2012. Contact: Sharon (Manager).
- Zeeshop (Shop 62): Telephone 081 733 2154, 081 723 2154 Ladies' boutique: Handbags, accessories, hairpieces, boots, dresses, pants, shoes, sneakers, wallets. Contact: Nozipho: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com web site
- Abinas Ethnic Hair Salon (Shop 65): Telephone 011 656 1457, 082 478 2663 Ethnic Hair Salon, now under new management. Twitter: @bontleliciousHS. Contact: Yemi and Abina: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org facebook page
- Headhunters Advanced Hairstyling (Shop 68): Telephone 011 802-7403, 011 804-1019, 072 781 7860 Unisex hair salon for all ages, operating for 30 years. Highly qualified staff with loyal cliental. Enjoy a back- or a head-and-neck massage. Monthly specials: make sure you are on our data base! Open Monday Saturday; Sundays by appointment only. Contact: Tania and Debbie: e-mail Tania.email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avon Mitri Optometrist (Shop 68A): Telephone 011 802-2057/8 Contact lens, Children's vision and low-vision practitioner. e-mail email@example.com
- Capmor Stationers (Shop 70): Telephone 011 802-2886 (coming) Stationery, books, magazines, newspapers, tapes, CDs and DVDs, photographic. Contact: Dees: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natural Effects Hair Design (Shop 71): Telephone 011 804-6402/3, Michelle 072 297-3051, Bernadette 072 936-1138 Ladies' and men's hairdressers: a team of friendly, highly qualified stylists specializing in advanced hair care using Redken and Loreal. Kιrastase retail products for sale. Open Monday Sunday by appointment. Contact: Michelle and Bernadette: e-mail email@example.com
- Vilai-Lai Thai Massage (Shop 72): Telephone 011 656 1662, 074 546 6165 Massage & therapy treatments to leave you relaxed and invigorated - Traditional Thai, Aromatherapy, Herbal Compress. Open every day 09:00-19:00. Next to Real Kung Fu and opposite Pizza Perfect. Contact: Nong: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Real Kung Fu (Shop 73): Telephone 011 656-8999 Chinese Restaurant and Sushi bar. Also soups, Curry, rice, noodle dishes, and tempura. Sushi Buffet R160/person. Catering. Open 11:00-21:30 every day. e-mail email@example.com . Read Restaurant review here
Links on This Page:|
Nearby Places of Interest
Google Map of the Area
Subscribe to our
"Shopping in Sandton"
Click here for our Subscription page!
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F. This page is provided as a public service please
any corrections or to advertise.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home page Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Centre (Rivonia Road)
Morning View, South Road
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Oriental City Rivonia
Early Dawn Mall
Other Shops in Rivonia
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurants in Morningside,
Shopping Centres in Woodmead:
Overview of Shops in Woodmead
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Other Places of Interest:
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
Yet only 1% of the population donates blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.