This is the original shopping centre of Morningside, completely redeveloped at
a cost of R300 Million and opened on 11 June 2009. This mall has gone
seriously up-market and, with over 80 shops, boutiques and restaurants, is many times the size of its modest former self. It has retained its original name, but is no
longer the only shopping centre in Morningside! If you are looking
for other shopping centres in Morningside, look at the
links to other pages on the left, and the map at the bottom of the page.
Advertise here: Seen by 14,860 Visitors in 2012!
Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this or R1000 + VAT for this banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Monday to Friday: 09:00 – 18:00, Saturday: 09:00 – 17:00, Sundays and Public
Holidays 10:00 – 14:00. Some shops and most restaurants open for different or
Parking: There is limited free open parking on Waggon Road outside the
centre. Open and undercover paid parking is accessed from both the Rivonia Road and Waggon Road
entrances. The first hour is free.
GPS Coordinates of Rivonia Road entrance to Upper
Parking: -26.08294, 28.06083, Waggon Road entrance to lower covered parking
Plush Express Car Wash attendants in the parking areas will wash your car while you shop. Tel 083 657 3969.
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this site: For letting
queries, compliments, or complaints about this centre, please contact the
Centre Manager: Jonathan Shutte: Tel 087 940 3833, Fax 086 500 0574, e-mail email@example.com, web site.
This web site is the world's most extensive and detailed list of shopping centres, restaurants and other businesses in Petervale, Rivonia,
Morningside, Woodmead, Wendywood and Benmore Gardens, also eastern Bryanston and Sunninghill –suburbs of Sandton, Greater Johannesburg, South
Africa. This page is provided as a public service – please
any corrections or to advertise. To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
Please tell contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za.
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
here. As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
All Newsletters 2009-date,
Advertise in our Monthly e-Newsletter from only R190/month!
Around 6000 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Shops and facilities in the centre include:
Upper Level (Rivonia Road Entrance):
Back to top
In order as numbered by the centre, which is anti-clockwise starting at the northern entrance from the upper level parking (top right on floor plan), back to than entrance, then round the front restaurants:
- FNB ATM (Shop U54): Lost/Stolen ATM Cards 0800 110 132 – Outside Exclusive books, in the lift block next to the parking area.
- Woolworths Food (U01-U05): Telephone 011 895 1900, Fax 011 326 6607 – Opened 5 Feb 2015. Huge light airy shop with a tinge of industrial design, stocking all the foods Woolies are famous for, plus bakery and a liquor section. Contact: Mandla Mona: e-mail StoreMgrMorningsideShoppingCenJhb@woolworths.co.za group web site
- W Café (Shop U09): Telephone 011 895 1904 – Extension of Woolworths. Tea, coffee, cakes, cappuccino, In the upper courtyard, northern end. Contact: Letty Mapule.
- Naartjie (Shop U07): Telephone 087 940 3822, 073 904-5446 – Babies' and fun kids' clothing, hats and shoes for birth to 10 years old. Contact: Kego: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Crystalia (Shop U08): Telephone 087 940 3900, Cell 083 444 6332 – Crystals, chandeliers, jewellery and handbags. Contact: Nadia Dolak: e-mail email@example.com
- Café Coton (Shop U10): Telephone 011 326 5708, 076 917 9111 – Opened July 2013. 100% cotton men's shirts imported from Paris and 100% silk ties Imported from Italy, and a range of accessories. Contact: Moenda Maseko, Manager: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signature Restaurant (Shop U13): Telephone 087 940 3880 – Exclusive restaurant: Continental cuisine, extensive view, wine cellar, live entertainment Mon-Sat night, Sun lunch. Open Monday to Saturday 12:00 – 22:00,Sunday 12:00 – 16:00. e-mail email@example.com web site
- Trishys (Shop U14): Telephone 087 940 3849 – Ladies' fashion boutique with local and imported clothes suitable for all ages. Open mall Hours. Contact: Trishy: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Emporium (Shop U17): Telephone 087 940-3927, 083 229-6665 – Children's furniture and clothing, maternity wear, linen and décor, travel systems, gifts, interior design. Contact: Tanya Lue: e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- La Boutique Eyewear (Shop U19): Telephone 0879403830 or 0879403831, Cell 0826089988 or 0826089999 – Optical & Sunglass Couture. Eye testing, contact lens fitting on site. Contact: Lara & Delia Abrahamson, Optometrists: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Cloth & Label (U18/U18a): Telephone 011 326 5702, 073 475 5504 – New Concept Store offering exclusive wardrobe essentials for men and women in black, white, navy and denim from AG, Current/Elliott, James Perse, Anne Fontaine, Eton. Opened July 2013 in the big free-standing glass kiosk outside Design in Motion. Contact: Sue Burdairon (Brand Manager): e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design in Motion (Shop U20a): Telephone 011 783-9146 – South Africa's first cycling concept store offering a range of the best bike brands (Carvelo, Pinarello, Eddy Merckx, Volcan, Binachi, Trek, Morewood, Assos, Sidi), accessories, parts, bike fit and repair centre. Contact: Ian Wilson: e-mail chris@DesignInMotionCycles.co.za;ian@DesignInMotionCycles.co.za web site
- Sticks and Stones (Shop U20b): Telephone 087 940 3893 – Chiropractic, Facials, Massage, Micro-Needling, Peels, Physiotherapy: See next entries for details. Open Mon-Thu, 07:00-18:00, Fri 07:00- 7:00, Sat 08:00-17:00. e-mail sticksandstonesSA@gmail.com web site
- Dr Marie Rosenberg, Chiropractor (Shop U20b): Telephone 082 940 7129 – Chiropractic, inside Sticks and Stones. e-mail email@example.com web site
- MySkinSpa (Shop U20b): Telephone 087 940 3893, 072 231 7657 – Skin Specialist: Facials, Massage, Micro-Needling, Peels. Contact: Carla Blumenthal: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Physio On-Site (Shop U20b): Telephone 011 025 5064 – Physiotherapy . Contact: Roxanne Francis: e-mail Roxanne@PhysioOnSite.com web site
- The Laser Boutique (Shop U20e): Telephone 072 890-1183 – Pain-free laser hair removal treatment. Next to Pure Motion Studio. Hours Mondays-Fridays 06:00-20:00, Saturdays 08:00-18:00, Sundays 09:00-17:00. Contact: Rochelle: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Centre Management - Flanagan & Gerard (Shop U20): Telephone 087 940 3833, Fax 086 500 0574 – down the passage bewtween Lorna Jane and Sorbet. Contact: Jonathan Shutte: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorna Jane (Shop U21a): Telephone 011 784-4600/4700, Cell 079 730-9527 – South Africa's premier women's activewear label.: Sportswear, gym wear, underwear, footwear, Little Miss Lorna Jane. Contact: Lorna Jane Clarkson: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Sorbet Beauty Salon (Shop U21): Telephone 087 940-3884 – Health & Beauty: Face and body professionals for Ladies, Teens and Gents. Swedish massage, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, Demalogica, Environ, Essie. Skin Care. Waxing. Nails. Manicure, pedicure. Facials. Grooming: eyelashes, eyebrows. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Swept (Shop U22): Telephone 087 940 3856/7 – Hair Stylist: Kerastase professional high-end salon. Moved from U02. Contact: Sean: e-mail email@example.com facebook page
- Flight Centre - Business Travel (Shop U23): Telephone 011 895 0300 – Travel Agents. Moved from U02a. Contact: Cindy de Wee: e-mail Cindy.deWee@FlightCentre.co.za web site
- Red Square (Shop U23a): Telephone 011 326 5327/5367 – Health & Beauty: Facials, makeovers, cosmetics. Chanel, Blv, Armani, Dior, Issey Miyake, Estee Lauder, Clarens, Aramis, Clinique. Contact: Nombusa (Manager): e-mail RedSquareMorningsideAM_1465@edcon.co.za Group web site
- Tashas Café (Shop U26): Telephone 087 940 3840/1 – Popular coffee shop and eating place: Snacks, etc. Menus and recipes on their group web site. Group web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Aeronautica Militaire (Shop U28): Telephone 011 326 6863 – Imported French quality ladies' and men's clothes, shoes, belts and accessories. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- iFix (Shop U29) – One-stop Apple and Samsung device repair and servicing with immediate, walk-in and walk-out service satisfaction. Hours: 09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri, 08:00-17:00 Sat, 09:00-13:00 Sundays. e-mail Woodmead@iFix.co.za Group web site
- GianMarco (Shop U32): Telephone 011 783-2819, 084 582-4700, Fax 086 633-4572 – Excusive Italian menswear, all made in Italy. Shirts, accessories: ties, braces, cufflinks, pocket handkerchiefs, bow ties, manbags, belts, scarves, ascots (cravats), 100% silk and 100% cotton socks. Contact: Sue Lovett: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Loumod (Shop U33): Telephone 087 940 3820, Cell 082 469 4807 – Exclusive ladies' and men's shoes, handbags and belts. Contact: Madeline.
- Rene Marianne (Shop U34): Telephone 087 940 3911 – Ladies' fashion: Imported Designer Clothing and Accessories. The Collection - ubber-trendy variety of mix-and-match pieces. Wear it - from a morning meeting to cocktail hour in style. Contact: Irena Staneva: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pomodoro Ristorante (Shop U36): Telephone 087 940 3811, Fax 087 940 3877 – High-Class Italian Restaurant, moderately priced. Good food and friendly service, unobtrusive attention to detail and your wellbeing. Contact: Stefano: e-mail email@example.com . Read Restaurant review here
- Exclusive Books (Shop U37): Telephone 011 798 0210 – Books, best-sellers, paperbacks, book sale twice a year. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Infinite 63 (Shop U38): Telephone 087 940 3806, Cell 072 359 0953, Fax 086 517 5509 – The Infinite 60 brand of fine denim and luxury branded clothing for men and women. Contact: Victor Barbosa: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- In-decent (Shop U39): Telephone 087 940 3824, 072 2235227, 083 268 8293 – Ladies' clothing and accessories. Contact: Cees & Dalene van Velze: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
- Rain (Shop U41): Telephone 011 883 1891 – Handmade bath & body products and hand crafted homeware using natural ingredients with African origins. Responsibly handmade with care for customers, craftspeople and the environment. e-mail Rain.firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- JJ Cale Tobacconist (Shop U43): Telephone 011 784 2244, Fax 0860 661 7471 – Men's gifting. Electronic cigarettes. Addictive and unhealthy tobacco products. Smoking accessories. Contact: Elrich Ehrke: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Abina’s Hair Salon (Shop U44): Telephone 087 940 3805, Cell 082 478 2663 – New Look African Hair Salon: Relaxing, weave, perm, tinting, locks dreads, braiding, cuts, Caucasian braiding, Brazilian weave. Contact: Abina Chikurunhe: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
- Miss Salon London (Shop U45): Telephone 087 940-3910 – Opened 15 March. Boutique nail bar, plus. Milk & Honey Foot Soak, Sugar Scrub, Manicure, Pedicure, Lavender & Peppermint Spa, French Polish, Acrylic or Gel Enhancements, French Overlays, Metallic/Mirror Nails. Contact: Linda and Ego: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Turkish Men’s Grooming Lounge (Shop U46): Telephone 011 883 8184, Cell 078 352 6508 – Men's Hairdresser. Gents can enjoy a coffee while having their hair cut and styled. facebook page
- Fego Caffé (Shop U48): Telephone 087 940 3908 – Café and coffee shop, inside Exclusive Books. e-mail Group: email@example.com Group web site
- The Green Peppercorn (Shop U47): Telephone 087 940 3899 – Restaurant: Variety of unusual dishes of varying quality, priced on the high side. Contact: Jac, Franco and Aki: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site. Read Restaurant review here
- Love Fish (Shop U27): Telephone 011 326 8212, 083 406 8500 – Fish & Sushi Experience. Contact: Marinus: web site. Read Restaurant review here
- The Hussar Grill (Shop U51): Telephone 011 326 9330 – Grills and mainly meat dishes, with commensurate prices. Some snacks and starters. Opened 14 Sept 2015. e-mail Morningside@hussargrill.co.za web site
Room to Let in Morningside Manor, July 2017
Small Bedroom with en suite
half bathroom. Shared lounge, dining room, patio, and garden. Secure, carpeted, fully furnished and serviced
(including washing). Close to shops and bus routes. To Let for one person only. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
Lower Level (Waggon Road Entrance):
Back to top
In order as numbered by the centre, which is mainly anti-clockwise starting at the entrance from the underground parking
(on the upper right of the floor plan):
- Nedbank, ABSA and Standard Bank ATMs: Lost Cards 0800 110 929 (Nedbank), 0800 020 600 (Standard), 0800 111 155 (ABSA) – In the lower level covered parking just next to the entrance to shops.
- Splush Morningside (Shop L01): Telephone 011 884 0009 – Hair salon by Gerald Wells Hair. Opened Dec 2016. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-19:00, Sat 09:00-18:00, Sun & Public Holidays 09:00 -15:00. e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Executailors (Shop L02): Telephone 087 940 3810 – Dry cleaning, tailor and shoe repairs. Contact: Balala.
- GH Designs (Shop L05): Telephone 087 940 3867/9 – Hair Studio: "Our atmosphere and exceptional quality is reflected in our clientele". e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Pet (Shop L03): Telephone 011 784 7418, 087 940 3802 – "A pet shop with a difference". For all your pets and pet requirements. e-mail email@example.com
- Cartridge Depot (Shop L06a): Telephone 011 326 5726 – Suppliers of refills, re-manufactured and new printer cartridges.
- Kodak Express Image & Print (Shop L06): Telephone 011 784-4596, Fax 086 553-8660 – Photographic printing, design work, cameras and accessories, photocopying, business cards, internet café, photography, in-house studio, brochures. Contact: Dean Trevis (owner): e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wellness Warehouse (Shop L07): Telephone 011 784 1444 – Health-food shop inside Morningside Pharmacy. Contact: Nicky: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Morningside Pharmacy (Shop L07): Telephone 011 784 1555, 087 940 3888, Fax 011 784 1552, 087 940 3800 – Fully-equipped pharmacy and dispensary. Sister shop to Morningside Dispensary at the Wedge. Open M-F 09:00-18:00, Sat 09:00-17:00, Sun 10:00-14:00. e-mail scripts@MorningsidePharmacy.co.za web site
- @Home (Shop L08a): Telephone 011 783 0860, 073 239 2005 – Homeware, tableware, crockery and cutlery, small appliances, linen, towels, candles. Contact: Sonto: Group web site
- STA Travel (Shop L11a): Telephone 087 940 3861, Fax 087 940 3864 / 086 580 3390 – Travel Agent. Contact: Kirsty le Roux: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pure Skin (Shop L11): Telephone 011 326 5700 – Facials, Acne Treatment, Photo rejuvenation, permanent hair removal, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure, nails, eyelash extensions, Botox and fillers. Radio Frequency Treatment: Cellulite reduction, body contouring, skin tightening & "rejuvenation". e-mail Morningside@PureSkin.co.za
- Morningside Toys (Shop L12): Telephone 011 883 4593, – Small toy shop selling small toys. Contact: Sam & Jess: e-mail email@example.com
- FNB - First National Bank (Shop L16/L17): Telephone 011 326 5730 – Bank and ATMs. Branch Open Monday–Thursday 09:00–17:00, Friday 08:30–17:00, Saturday 08:30–13:00. Tellers Monday–Friday 09:00–16:00, Saturday 08:30–12:00.
- Findings (Shop L20): Telephone 011 326 5761 – Sterling Silver and costume jewellery. Brands: Thomas Sabo Sterling Silver, Nominations, Miss Silver, Geogina. Contact: Karen: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twisp (L21 kiosk): Telephone 081 784 5389 – Kiosk under the escalators. Electronic cigarettes. Contact: Tsheho: e-mail MorningsideCentre@gmail.com Group web site
- Cottage Flowers & Gifts (Shop L22): Telephone 011 466 8085 – Florist, décor, giftware (on the right of Pick 'n Pay).
- Pick n Pay Outspan (Shop L23): Telephone 087 940 3887, Fax 087 940 3764 – Supermarket, Bakery, delicatessen. Groceries, foodstuffs, household, homeware, fruit and vegetables. Butchery offering sausage with MSG and sugar. Open Monday–Friday 08:00-20:00, Saturday 08:00-19:00, Sunday 08:00-18:00. Contact: Hendrik: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Biltong Etc (Shop L24): Telephone 087 940 3825 – Biltong (South Africa's secret weapon) and other snacks. Just on the left outside Pick 'n Pay. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Fridge Wine & Spirit Emporium (Shop L25): Telephone 087 940 3801, Fax 086 577 1615 – Liquor store. e-mail info@TheFridge.co.za web site
- The Bread Basket (Shop L26): Telephone 011 326 6254/6 – Bakery, bread, pastries, restaurant, deli, coffee shop with breakfasts, light meals, sandwiches, etc. Contact: Samora: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Optimum Nutrition (Shop L27): Telephone 087 940 3903, Cell 082 520 1429, Fax 086 681 9562 – Muscle-building supplements and sports nutrition. Contact: Grant Martinaglia: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vodacom Chatz Cellular & Data Store (Shop L28): Telephone 087 940 3851/2, Fax 087 940 3850 – Cellular phones and computers.
- Dr Mark T Oliver (Shop L36): Telephone 010 590 0151/2/3, Emergency 011 706 7710 – Medical Practitioner: General Practitioner. On the Outside Lower Level car park next to @Home. Practice No 1485865. e-mail email@example.com
- Plush Express Car Wash (Shop L33): Telephone 083 657 3969 – Attendants in the parking areas will wash your car while you shop.
- Sandton Police Station – corner Rivonia and Summit Roads, Morningside (one block north (away from town) of the Morningside Shops) – for all your policing requirements, documents certified (bring your own copies), road accident reports, crimes reported and investigated, cases opened, etc. Contact: Station Commissioner: Brig. Billings: Tel 011 722-4200 (Emergencies 10111 – Flying Squad), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Caltex Garage – corner Rivonia and Summit Roads, opposite the Police Station. Petrol, diesel, oil, air. QuickStop for snacks, sweets, pies, and cool drinks. Tel 011 883-4823
- Ri'stretto Al Fresco Cucina near Morningside Shopping Centre: Telephone 011 783 1090, 011 884 1804 (hotel) – at Garden Court Morningside, cnr of Rivonia Road and Cullinan Close. Child friendly restaurant caters for families and kids. Diverse menu catering to all. Open Mo-Sat 08:30-21:00, Sundays 08:30-17:30, Public Holidays 08:30-16:30. e-mail email@example.com web site
- Megaplex (serviced furnished rooms and a garden apartment to let in a family home at 126 Kelvin Drive).
- Software Africa – a variety
of business, SOHO and home Personal Computer (PC) software for sale.
Also custom-developed computer programs and databases, templates for Microsoft Excel
and Word, many free tips on popular PC programs, and various free
spreadsheets and computer programs.
Map of the Area:
The symbol above shows the position of the centre. Other centres in Morningside are marked with similar symbols.
View Morningside Shops in a larger map
Please tell those you contact that you found them at
For information on local
accommodation, other local amenities, and this site's contact
details, click Here (Megaplex Home Page)
Other shopping centres in the area:
The Wedge, Morningside ~
Rivonia ~ Morning Glen ~ Morning View Shopping Centre, South Road
Our Contact Details and Map ~
~ Megaplex Home
Links on This Page:|
Upper Level Shops,
Lower Level Shops, Floor
Nearby Places of Interest
Google Map to the Centre
Subscribe to our
"Shopping in Sandton"
Click here for our Subscription page!
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F. This page is provided as a public service – please
any corrections or to advertise.|
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home page – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
Morning View, South Road
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Oriental City Rivonia
Early Dawn Mall
Other Shops in Rivonia
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurants in Morningside,
Shopping Centres in Woodmead:
Overview of Shops in Woodmead
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Other Places of Interest:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of the
population donates blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.