5 Main Road, Bryanston
Tel: 073 230 6531
Woodmead Commercial Park
Waterval Cres., Woodmead
Tel: 083 923 2306
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Every Business Needs a ‘Breakaway’ Day!
And Chislehurst, is the heart of Rivonia, is just the place.
An elegant, private guest house in a tranquil setting close to
the vibrant hub of the village centre, we offer a 10-seater
boardroom, covered patio for coffee breaks, and a lovely large
thatched lapa with dining table and bar for relaxed lunches. We can
provide whatever catering you require, from cupcakes to caviar! Hire
of our venue for a full day is R1 000, catering is quoted to
you separately, and we will undertake to hire in any equipment you
require at the best possible cost.
Jenny 083 271 5958
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Convenient Conference Café:
From a one-hour business meeting for 5, to a week-long indaba for 42
with all audio-visual aids, food and coffee.
5 Dunwoody Shopping Centre, 147 Western Service Road, Woodmead.
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead SuperValue Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
REVOLUTIONARY BODY-MIND FITNESS FUSION
Love your workout!
• weight loss • stress buster
• expressive & fun!
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
The "Perfect" place for salads, subs, pasta, pizza, burgers, chips, soft drinks.
Open 10:00-21:00 every day. Free delivery of orders R60 and up within 3 km.
Nick and Johnny: 011 656-0652,
Rivonia Village Revisited
Rivonia shoppers may have noticed some changes in Rivonia Village Shopping
Centre [not to be confused with the (earlier) townhouse complex of the same
name, nor the (also prior-named) Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic down Eighth Avenue].
There is a major expansion in progress to accommodate a new Checkers branch,
at the opposite end of the centre from Woolworths, presumably so as to be well away and
not taint its upper-class atmosphere. Postnet moved next to
Woolworths a while ago. Clicks then moved where Postnet was, leaving its
space –which is being greatly expanded– for Checkers, due to open in November.
The shops that were on either side of the entrance to Clicks, namely Wingate
Computers, Vodashop, and Minuteman Press, have moved to the right of FNB,
previously occupied by Maps and Travel, which has shrunk to a fraction of its
former self and now has its entrance on Rivonia Boulevard.
While Lucky Moo and Rage have gone, the centre has found a use for the huge
space on the upper level behind HFPA and Standard Bank: Say hello to RoomFive
Private Function Venue, in Suite 5 (obviously), an Event/Function/banqueting/cocktail Venue for Corporate clients, private clients and Weddings.
It seats from 80 to 800. Catering is included.
We welcome Michele back from her long absence! So if any clients
of hers from Sunninghill or Fourways are wondering where she is, come along
to Dads&Lads Barber Shop, Lower
level Sunninghill Village, Sunninghill and you will find her here! We are
open 7 days a week Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-3pm, Sun/holidays 9am-2pm. It might be winter, but hair grows the same length
as it does in summer. Let us warm you up with a fresh hair
cut! It's good for your soul! Call
If you trip, have you stumbled or are you walking gracefully?
High-end fashion jewellery. Silver, pearls and gemstones for all occasions.
Shop D9, Hobart Grove Centre, Bryanston.
- The 3 Little Chefs, Shop 48, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Opened early May 2013 between Nedbank and Capitec Bank: kitchenware, baking, cutlery, tea sets, dishes, bowls etc.
- The Deli Shop in Morning Glen Mall re-opens on 3 June.
- The Home Industry has returned to Morning Glen Mall, as a part of the Manor Pharmacy Coffee Shop, Upper Level.
- Lorna Jane, Shop U21a, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – women's activewear: Sportswear, gym wear, underwear, footwear, Little Miss Lorna Jane.
- BT Games, Shop L48, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Computer and video games for Playstation, Xbox, and Wii.
- Telkom 8.ta Mobile, Shop L02, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Cell phone services.
- Vasili's at Morningside, the Thick End of The Wedge, Morningside (Greek/Mediterranean Restaurant) is moving to Rivonia Junction next month.
- Smartfix, Shop U10, Upper Level in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Apple phone and iPad repair centre. Repairing cracked screens, water-damaged phones, etc. Battery replacement. Software upgrades.
- Applebee Stationers, Shop G39, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Wide selection of good quality, unique stationery for corporate and personal shoppers. Colourful, playful, useful and awesome stationery.
- Other changes in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre: The
Back Shop will be moving from the ground floor store to Office 227 on the second floor. In their place, The
Body Shop will be taking over from the 1st of June. Biggie Best
closes at the end of May. Polka Dot Décor will be taking over the store
from July. Piatto Restaurant – Opening 1st of June, replacing O'Galito's on the
Upper Level where, by the way, Metro and Col’Cacchio Restaurants are getting new upper deck extensions.
- Precioux, Shop U11, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Designer fashions, limited editions for girls 2-16 yrs, mums (all ages). Jewellery and accessories.
- Cottage Flowers, Shop L22, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Florist, gifts (on the right of Pick 'n Pay).
Two medical practitioners meet. Says one, "You're fine!
How am I?"
The Favourite Accounting Program of Non-Accountants
QuickBooks uses everyday terms like
"invoice a customer", "enter bills", receive payments". None of
that "Debtors" and "Creditors" stuff! Easy to install, easy to
use. Invoices, bills, bank accounts, graphs, VAT, all in one place.
Simple Start R1199, Pro R2999 from Software Africa:
e-mail or call 011 802-2685
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
**** Ocean Basket, Chilli Lane Shopping Centre, Sunninghill
An urgent need for fish and chips turned our tracks to the nearest Ocean
Basket, which, for us, is in Chilli Lane. We were seated quickly inside as
it was quite a cool day and ordered Taramasalata to share. The wine by the
glass options are very good and I opted for the Robertson Sauvignon Blanc, which
was very good. Rick had his usual Appletizer. The Taramasalata was
good and arrived quickly.
Then the fish and chips came - cooked to perfection with the chips being
really crispy. The lemon butter sauce could have been more generous, but
that our only complaint! Prince gave excellent service.
It was good to find that this restaurant had regained its previous good
standing, as I had been disappointed the last time I was there. They have
live music on Sunday lunches and are family friendly.
Contact Details for Ocean Basket.
- Rage, Shop 20 in Rivonia Village – Ladies' boots and shoes, no longer all the rage.
- Club Travel, Shop 64A, Closed in Rivonia Village – Travel Agent.
- Smith & Olive, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Specialized kids' toy store.
- Hermes Leather Boutique, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Luggage and leather goods.
- Antonia’s Health, Shop U10, Upper Level in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre
– Hair, General Health & Beauty.
- Sempre, Shop U13a, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Ladies boutique. Fashion Leather bags.
- Handmade By Bev, Shop L22, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Homeware, décor, giftware.
- Dial-A-Video, Shop U22a, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Videos, DVDs.
Julius wasn't feeling good. He went to the GP.
After an extensive examination, the doctor gave his diagnosis: "You've got high
cholesterol, acid reflux, and onomatopoeia."
"Doc, I understand the cholesterol and the
heartburn, but what's onomatopoeia?"
"It's exactly what it sounds like."
Advertise here: Be Seen by up to 5165 Shoppers!
Only R150 per issue for this banner! Less 10% for four issues, 20% for 6 or more.
e-mail us or call 082 389-3482.
Green Tip: Recycling
Help our environment by recycling! Send us your old, worn-out jokes and
we will refurbish them and recycle them in this newsletter. Just hit
"If it bleeds, it leads" is the motto of the news services. Bad things,
crises, and disasters get attention. Rather depressing, really. In
the meanwhile, behind the scenes, good things are happening that seldom make the
As a counterbalance to the mainstream news, why not subscribe to Awesome SA?
They have a newsletter about South Africans positively
influencing the future. Visit the web site at
www.awesomesa.co.za. If you are working for a better country, you can
find inspiration that you are not alone. If you think you should be
contributing, but aren't, you might find a project there that can use your
talents. Finally, if you feel it's all pointless because in just 5½
billion years the sun will expand and annihilate the Earth, you can get really
angry at those shameless Polyannas who believe there is a future.
about South Africa and its People? Want to Make a Difference?
Environmental Justice Needs Your Energy –
Join Earthlife Africa!
Our local Pharmacy wrote to vehemently deny that their "Baby Shop"
We keep meaning to ask them, if sunflower seed oil
is made from sunflower seeds and olive oil comes from olives, what is their baby
oil made out of?