Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Breakfast Club Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Saturday of the month at Bryanston Sports Club, corner of Payne and Main
Roads, Bryanston, at
08:45 for 09:00. Future leaders are welcome! Call 082 389-3481,
email the VPPR..
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
We are open 7 days a week and offer “Fresh Haircuts”! We also have other value-added services and specials. Please call 011 803 5015
for more information. We are down in the lower level in the main block down the escalators. Plenty of parking in the
Basement in Sunninghill Village.
The Wedge, Morningside
is still very much a construction site, it is showing signs of promise with a
greatly improved centre becoming ever more visible. The underground
parking is complete, though the access ramps, not so much. Cladding is in
progress. New businesses are seeing the potential and moving in alongside
the minority who decided to stick it out: Seattle Coffee, Clicks, Village
Vetshop, Morningside Dispensary, the Optometrist, nail bar and the hairdresser.
Woolworths is being refurbished and will reopen on 12 April. A 3@1
Business Centre recently opened. Underneath Kong Tai (restaurant review
next month) a new restaurant is about to open, Morningside 011 by the Baron.
Our favourite Italian restaurant, Polpetta, is moving from 90° on Rivonia to the
upper deck where Pize e Vino was, and expected to open on 3 April.
With all that food potential, it seems just as well that a Planet Fitness gym
is intending to open too. And that The Firm ("the Thin End of the Wedge")
decided to stay. More slimming news near the end of this newsletter.
Trade Union Calendar: "January, February, March,
March, March, March..."
Furnished Room to Let in Morningside Manor
This content is outdated.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Polpetta Pizza & Pasta in 90° on Rivonia – Italian Restaurant, Pizzeria & Take-Away is moving to The Wedge on 3 April, on the upper deck where Pize e Vino was.
- FNB (First National Bank) in Rivonia Village is currently being refurbished – use
Chilli Lane or
Morningside instead. ATMs are open.
- McDonalds, in Rivonia Area Shops – corner Rivonia Road and Mutual Road (entrance in Rivonia Boulevard) is closed for a revamp, except for the drive-thru and walk-thru.
- Trend Co. (C9 Lower level), Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park.
- SA Auto Brokers (C8 Lower level), Building C in Woodmead Commercial Park – Cash flow problems? Sell your car, bakkie, double-cab or 4x4 to them and then rent it back. Also used vehicle sales. Open Monday-Friday 08:00–16:30, Saturday 08:00–11:00.
- 3@1 Business Centre, Shop 27, Lower Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Opened 15 Feb 2018. DHL Express Easy, counter to counter national courier, Kodak Express offering photos, collages, block mounting, photobooks, ID and Visa, photos. Business, print, broad format print and related services like binding, laminating. Business registrations and many SARS-related services.
- Curro Castle School near Petervale Shopping Centre.
- WhiskyBrother Bar, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Johannesburg's first dedicated whisky bar.
- Jasmine Food Bar, Shop 4, Rivonia Boulevard 329 in Rivonia Area Shops – Chinese food: Rice dishes, noodle dishes, soups, main dishes, sides.
- Infinity Elegance, Shop 15, Ground in Early Dawn Mall – Ladies' Hairdresser. Nails. Spa. Space or whole shop to let.
- Dial-a-Bed, Shop GF09, Ground in Rivonia Village – Bed Shop, Mattress Factory. Homeware. Opened 19 March 2018.
- Regus Business Centre, Offices in Rivonia Village – Office Tower 2nd Floor: Fully serviced and furnished office space, Virtual Offices, Mobile Offices, Meeting Rooms, Video Conferencing Facilities.
- Aplonix Travel, Offices in Rivonia Village – Asian Airline Ticketing, Visa Applications, Travel Documents.
- Property.CoZa, Offices in Rivonia Village – Estate Agents.
- Freddy Morningside, Shop U21a, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Clothing store. "WR.UP denim trousers, designed to underline all women’s best shape". WR.UP® Sport, corsair-style pants.
- Morningside 011 by the Baron, Lower Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Funky eatery, opening soon.
- Neo Luxury Bar, Shop 10, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Niche fragrances exclusively from Italy and France, local bathroom things (diffusers, lotions, candles, body butter).
- Biru Restaurant, Rivonia Boulevard 329 in Rivonia Area Shops – on the 3rd floor.
- Mochachos Chicken Village, Ground in Grosvenor Crossing – Mexican chicken restaurant and take-away. They deliver.
- Arena Wellness, Shop 15, Ground in Grosvenor Crossing – Exercise gym and juice bar: Boutique fitness hub with quality service, expert coaching and the latest equipment.
- Cotton On Kids, Shop 65,66, North Wing in Woodmead Retail Park – Discount children's clothing, up to 50% off. "Australia’s largest value fashion group".
- Pandora Jewellery, Shop 77, North Wing in Woodmead Retail Park – Up to 50% off selected jewellery.
- DMF - Discount My Fashion, Shop 33, North Wing in Woodmead Retail Park – Branded men's, women's, kids' clothing up to 60% off regular price, imported without the approval of the registered owner of the trademark.
- Mankind by J, Shop 23, Restaurant Area in Woodmead Retail Park – Speciality, tobacco, nuts, biltong, men's gifting.
- Fresh Lemon Laundry and Dry Cleaners, Shop 16, North Wing in Parkmore Square – Dry cleaning and laundry.
- Jangi Commodities CC, Shop Office 1, North Wing in Parkmore Square – Sellers of quality, affordable and unique accessories and costume jewellery.
- Silk Stitches Bridal Boutique has moved from 329 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia Area Shops to 58, 6th Street, Parkhurst. Still at 076 776 6818, 010 786 0990.
- Just Wear It moved to The Buzz, Fourways from Early Dawn Mall – Embroidery, screen printing, garment printing, personalised names, numbers and gifts; promotional items, graphic design.
- By Broadway in Parkmore Square has moved and become TOB’s (The Tailor on Broadway) in New Brighton near Parkmore Square – Hire and Retail of formal evening wear, Tailor-made garments, alterations and dry cleaning.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** BBQ Workshop, Rivonia Village
A visit to FNB was why we visited here, as the process at FNB took over an
hour! This is becoming a place to visit as it offers good food and excellent
service. The one in Kyalami Corner is also very good.
Here I had Vrede and Lust Sauvignon Blanc and my partner had red Grapetiser.
To eat we had meat balls and Falafel.
Contact Details for bbq Workshop.
***** Pappadums, Upper Level, Morning Glen Shopping
Another favourite restaurant which we had not visited for awhile! Shalom
served us and she was very good. I had the Allee Bleue Sauvignon Blanc, which is
produced by the Dauphin family in Franschoek. It is a very pleasant wine. My
partner had mango Lassi. To eat I had Prawn Tikka Masala and my partner the Dal
Makhani. Both were declared excellent.
All together a great evening out.
Contact Details for Pappadums.
Funny Language, English...
Cellars are usually damp and musty. Table salt
works best when dry. Hence, a really bad place to keep your salt is in a salt
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Gone to Their Just Reward:
Back to top
- Silver Pine Spur, Shop 41 in Morning Glen Mall – Steak Restaurant and Fast Food: Great steaks, salads, hamburgers, chicken, chips and soft drinks. Excellent attitude to customers.
- ATMs in Rivonia Village – Automatic Teller Machines from ABSA, FNB, Standard Bank and Nedbank
were in a little freestanding block, now demolished, outside Ninos. There are Nedbank and Standard ATMs up the escalators at these banks,
and at the FNB branch.
- Paolo Confectioners (C9 Lower level) in Woodmead Commercial Park – Confectioners and caterers.
- Smeg Outlet Store + Origo Outlet Store, Shop G7 in Woodmead Commercial Park – "Technology with style". Was next to Yeesh.
- Revive Dry Cleaners in Grayston Shopping Centre – Dry cleaning, clothing alterations and shoe repairs.
- Senhor Calistos Fish and Chicken & Mi Vami in Grayston Shopping Centre – Two fast food restaurants in one: Fish, chicken, family meals, sausages, seafood. Middle-Eastern delicacies.
- Foil Styling, Shop UG1 in Grayston Shopping Centre – Boutique Hair - was 1st Floor.
- Viso Bello Skin Care Centre, Shop UG6 in Grayston Shopping Centre – Skin, body, nails. Facials, massage and body treatments, manicure, pedicure, waxing and laser. Nimue stockists. Was 1st Floor.
- Loumod, Shop U33 in Morningside Shopping Centre – ladies' and men's shoes, handbags and belts.
- Café Tavia in Rivonia Area Shops – Bakery and coffee shop, at 329 Rivonia Boulevard opposite Rivonia Village upper parking entrance.
- Taiwan Café at 329 Rivonia Boulevard in Rivonia Area Shops – Chinese food: Rice dishes, soups, noodle dishes, Taiwan street food.
- Gossip Girls Hair Studio, Shop 15 in Early Dawn Mall – Ladies' Hairdresser.
- WOW Junction, Shop 09 in Rivonia Village – Electronics, gadgets, accessories, leather brands, decor and exclusive crockery that are of good quality and value for money.
- The Bread Basket, Shop L26 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Bakery, bread, pastries, restaurant, deli, coffee shop with breakfasts, light meals, sandwiches, etc.
- Lorna Jane, Shop U21a in Morningside Shopping Centre – South Africa's premier women's activewear label.: Sportswear, gym wear, underwear, footwear, Little Miss Lorna Jane.
- Kazu Fashions, Shop 26 in The Wedge, Morningside – Unisex Clothing Boutique.
- Fit Electro Fitness, Shop 16 in Grosvenor Crossing – Electric muscle stimulation combined with active exercise helps muscle development and toning.
- Pember, Shop 65 in Woodmead Retail Park – Imported ladies clothing and evening wear, quality leather handbags and accessories.
- Coricraft Sleep Studio, Shop 33 in Woodmead Retail Park – Household furniture: Couches, dining-room tables and chairs, art, beds, etc.
- Cuba Tobacconist, Shop 14B in Woodmead Retail Park – Everything you need for suicide by smoking.
- Trixie's Dried Fruit & Nuts, Shop 14A in Woodmead Retail Park – Beef, game, ostrich, chicken biltong, dried fruit & nuts, sweets & chocolates.
- Placecol Health & Beauty Centre, Shop 77 in Woodmead Retail Park – The home of soft laser facial treatments. Was next door to Woolworths.
- Triumph Bra Outlet Woodmead, Shop 72 in Woodmead Retail Park – Lingerie Shop: Branded brassieres and panties.
- Corbett Investment Properties, Shop 17 in Parkmore Square – Residential Sales and rentals.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,071 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
says, if you suspect you have mysteriousis, you should sick medical intention..
Deadline: Object to Your
Joburg City Rates by 6 April!
The 2018 City of Johannesburg General Valuation Roll is valid for the
period 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2022 and open for public inspection until
15:00 on 6 April 2018. Ratepayers have until then to lodge objections to the
ridiculous inflation of your property's value. The Valuation Roll may be
inspected at twelve Customer Service Centres, of which your closest might be:
- Sandton Customer Service Centre: 137 Daisy Street Sandton.
- Midrand Customer Service Centre: Teljoy Building, 300 15th Road,
- Randburg Civic Customer Service Centre: Cnr Bram Fischer Drive
and Jan Smuts Avenue, Randburg
Your property's value and information can also be viewed on the COJ
Valuations website, where you will be able to lodge an objection and upload the
form: Go to
https://coj2018.evaluations.co.za/eServices/ and register. For help, call
the friendly agents on 087 365 3094.
To get your property valued, many estate agents will give you a free
valuation, though the City does not regard them as authoritative (even though
they are the people selling house daily --go figure!). Google for
"property valuation Johannesburg" to find many of them, plus professional
Valuers (Valuators?) who will charge you. For R92,
WinDeed will give you an automated
valuation based on local sales (ours was disappointingly similar to the
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
In November, Weight Watchers went into liquidation. To fill the gap (so
to speak), some franchises are continuing on their own:
Trina McKinley writes, "I now run a Slimming Group called Trina’s Trimmers
Slimming Club. We meet Mondays @ 5pm in the Tennis Pavilion, Morningside Country
Club, Rivonia. Program: 16:50–17:18 Weigh-in; 17:20–17:40 Motivational Talk [should
be good: Trina is a Distinguished Toastmaster --Editor];
17:42–18:00 New Trimmers Q&A." Call Trina on 083-646-8846 or
near the Checkout:
is the third shop that doesn't have any Brussels Sprouts!"
"Odd... something to do with Brexit, perhaps?"