Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Car Service City
off Witkoppen Rd. Paulshof,
near Cambridge Crossing.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well – Become a Leader!
Breakfast Club Toastmasters meets 2nd and 4th
Saturday of the month at Bryanston Sports Club, corner of Payne and Main
Roads, Bryanston, at
08:45 for 09:00. Future leaders are welcome! Call 082 389-3481,
email the VPPR..
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Shopping Centre News
We hadn't visited the Sunninghill centres for a while, so there were a lot of
changes to record –see below. One wonders whether people are specialising too much
when there is a hair salon just for blondes, such as now exists in Sunhill Shopping Centre
in the north. In that centre, we also found an interesting seafood shop, a
delicious-looking cake shop, and a church group that asks you to leave your
clothes at the door!
Still in Sunninghill, The Square and The Core
have a few changes, most notably Room 22 nightclub in the former, and Buon Umore
Restaurant replacing Zio G Craft in the latter. Sunninghill Village
probably has the most changes, with a Crazy Store replacing the hardware shop,
and the loss of the Quack & Moo Clubhouse (an indoor play area for children, now
empty) and the specialised bra shop.
There are also several changes in Nicolway Bryanston.
Genetics is a fascinating science. Did you know
that, if your parents never had any children, the chances are high that you
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Bristles Unisex Hair Salon has moved from Wendywood Shopping Centre to Shop 04 in Morningview Shopping Centre – Ladies', gents', and kids hairdresser and stylist. Hair extensions, chocolate Brazilian hair straightener.
- The Bank It has moved from Rivonia Junction to Morningview Shopping Centre – Gold and Diamond Exchange: They buy gold, diamonds, watches, broken jewellery, cars, trucks, boats and bikes. Loans made.
- CycleFO - Cycling Factory Outlet has moved from Petervale Shopping Centre to near
the Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre – Bicycle shop.
- Eloize Mellet Physiotherapists Sunninghill moved from The Square Sunninghill to The Core Sunninghill – Treat back & neck pain; orthopaedic rehabilitation; sports injuries; chest & sinus infections; headaches; muscle strains.
- Lifeforce Fitness in Morningside Area Shops – Personal fitness training and nutrition by Martin Bernstein. Centre Road, Morningside.
- The Crazy Store, Ground in Rivonia Village – Now open: Specialized items and gifts. Reading glasses, Sunglasses, novels, birthday cards. Party things, bathroom, sewing, picture frames, baby range, candles. Dog and cat toys, gardening, braai, hardware, kitchen. Plasticware, sweets, glassware.
- Levingers – Woodmead, Shop 07A, South Wing in Woodmead Retail Park – Dry Cleaning, Laundry, Tailor, Mending, Cobbler, Shoe Repairs, Carpet Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Leather Care, Leather Dyeing.
- Adega Express, Ground in Rivonia Village – Fast food version of the famous Adega chain, opened August 2018. Pregos, burgers, wraps, pizza, pasta, salads, platters, full meals.
- Mi-Bella Beauty, Shop 27, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Nails, Facials, Manicure, Pedicure, wax, tinting, lash extensions, massage, Gelish. Acrylic tips. Make up. Formerly Perfect 10 Morning Glen, now de-franchised.
- Levingers Dry Clean & Shoe Clinic, Lower Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Dry Cleaners, laundry. Shoe repairs, leather care & repair, clothing dying, alterations.
- Macanudo, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – African restaurant, cocktail and cigar lounge. Afro Cuisine and grill, lunch and dinner. Noise generator annoying the neighbours.
- Manto’s Café, Shop 02, Ground in Morningview Shopping Centre
– Mediterranean Coffee Shop: Pasta, pizza, Panini, salads, burgers.
- Four Sisters, Shop 06, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Cake and gift shop.
- PND Academy of Learning, 1st Floor in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Skills development facilitation, ETD consulting, accreditation support, learnership project management, RPL academy, events management..
- Tammy Taylor Nails, Shop 12, Ground in Petervale Shopping Centre
– Nail Salon.
- Azaura Jewellery, Shop L11, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Signature silver jewellery: bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings.
- Getting a Deal, Shop LM52, Mezzanine in Nicolway Bryanston – showroom for online store that specializes in furniture, home appliances and consumer electronics.
- Hermanna Rush, Shop U15, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Fashion, bags and Accessories, Original Ladies' Clothing that embodies the style philosophy of French women while remaining true to our South African context.
- Rugs Original, Shop L20, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Large stockist of Persian, Oriental and modern Belgian carpets and rugs.
- Sorbet Man, Shop L32, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston.
- Autum, Shop 07 in Petervale Shopping Centre
– care for your hair, naturally: local hair care brands
- Petervale Men's Barbershop, Shop 05B, Ground in Petervale Shopping Centre
– Hair cut, shave, style, full steam facial, tint/dye, wash/shampoo,
- DeLé Beauty, Shop 04, Ground in Petervale Shopping Centre – Ladies Beauty Salon.
- Buon Umore, Shop 02, Ground in The Core Sunninghill – Italian Restaurant and Catering. Italian, Mediterranean, Portuguese cuisine. Pizza, pasta, burgers. Functions.
- Durban Seafoods, Shop 04 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Fish, prawns, crabs, calamari, seafood delicacies.
- Bella Anima Restaurant, Shop 06, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – 100% Vegetarian. Licensed.
- Cutting Cake, Shop 13 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – pastries, cakes and cupcakes, wedding cakes, pastries and gourmet cuisine. Catering from large celebrations to private and intimate dinner parties.
- Beautiful Chaos Blonde Hair Artistry, Shop 15C in Sunhill Shopping Centre – hair salon for blondes (and aspirant blondes!) only.
- Athania's, Shop G03, Ground in Sunninghill Village
– Ladies' and Gents' clothing in adjacent shops.
- The Crazy Store, North Wing in Sunninghill Village
– Specialized items and gifts.
- Sheer Opulence, Shop G33, North Wing in Sunninghill Village – Simply elegant ladies boutique.
- Escapology, Shop G32, North Wing in Sunninghill Village
– Health and Skin Institute: Facials, peels, pedicure, manicure, massage,
waxing, nails, threading, hair removal.
- Boxman Sunninghill, Shop LL09, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Boxes for everything! Moving boxes, storage and filing boxes, bicycle boxes, wine boxes.
- Diamond Touch Manufacturing Jewellers, Shop LL19, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Redesigning and remodelling, repairs, ear piercing, restringing, engraving, batteries and watch repairs,
jewellery cleaning, precious stones, valuation certificates, buy old gold.
- Kids in Business / Teens in Business / SA Training & Business Dev Academy, Shop UG09, Upper Level in Sunninghill Village – Developing young business minds. Training for businesses to be fully compliant for tenders.
- Sunninghill Community Office, Upper Level in Sunninghill Village – Office hours Monday–Friday 08;00–13:00.
- Aesthetic Physician, Upper Level in Sunninghill Village.
- Rivonia Thai Massage – Thai therapeutic massage. Moved from Early Dawn Mall to Cnr 7th & Harry Galaun Roads, Halfway Gardens, 074 815 0777 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
**** Adega Express, Rivonia Village, Rivonia Boulevard
This has only recently opened and I was so happy to meet two of my old
friends from Nino's who are managers here! Frederic, the owner, expects to have
his liquor licence soon. Please note, rather buy wine from the bottle store or
Woolworths, as Pizza Luna are charging for 3 glasses of wine when you buy a
bottle. I ordered calamari and my partner hake and chips. Both dishes are fairly
priced. The hake was declared excellent and certainly looked it. The chips
revisited the kitchen as usual. The sauce with the calamari was beautiful and I
would have loved more!
Alicia, our waitress, is a newbie and I wish her all success. This is a place
Contact Details for Adega Express. Back to top
**** The Old Rose, Petervale Shopping Centre
A real English pub place, which was the only choice as Panettone Café, the restaurant we had
intended to visit, had closed down. Being a warmer evening, our drink choices
were Robertson Sauvignon Blanc and Appletiser. Food was chicken livers and
Scots pie with chips. Usual story with the chips! Service was a bit inattentive
but if you love English pub food cooked properly, it is a place to go.
Contact Details for The Old Rose. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
"Eskimos used to eat whale meat and blubber.
You’d blubber too, if you had to eat whale meat!” --Ian Gordon.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and register (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject:
we will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line).
- Patachou Patisserie, Shop GF44A in Rivonia Village – Cakes and sweet treats. Sadly missed.
- MBW Art boutique, ex-shop L20 in Nicolway Bryanston – Pictures, art and framing. Gifts, ornaments, mirrors, clocks. Still open in Pretoria: MBW Art, Shop No 5, Lynnwood Bridge Lifestyle Centre, Lynnwood and Daventry Road, Lynnwood, Pretoria, Also two installations at Hartbeespoort Dam: 1) Zhoosch, French Toast, Harties, 2) Die Ou Pastorie Restaurant, Skeerport, Harties.
- The Cleaning Brothers, Shop 07A in Woodmead Retail Park – Dry Cleaning. Tailoring. Shoes. Was South Wing.
- VIP Dry Cleaners (Kiosk 1) in The Wedge, Morningside.
- Winnie's Soul & Jazz Restaurant in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Music and food! Prices were on the high side, probably to pay for the entertainment.
- Europa Café Morningside, Shop 02 in Morningview Shopping Centre – Mediterranean Coffee Shop: Pasta, pizza, Panini, salads, burgers. Changed to Manto's (see above).
- Panettone Café Bryanston, Shop 12 in Petervale Shopping Centre – Restaurant and take-away, now taken away.
- Engel & Volkers, Shop L30 in Nicolway Bryanston – Real estate agent for Luxury Properties in South Africa.
- iCook, Shop L41 in Nicolway Bryanston – Coffee shop, funky kitchenware and cutlery.
- Kids Emporium, Shop U19 in Nicolway Bryanston – Maternity, Nursery furniture, Children's Furniture, Travel Systems, Children's Wear, Gifts, Décor and Essentials.
- Loumod, Shop U07 in Nicolway Bryanston – Exclusive ladies' and men's shoes, handbags and belts.
- NY Junction Clothing Co, Shop U15 in Nicolway Bryanston – Brands.
- Oil & Vinegar, Shop L18 in Nicolway Bryanston – Bottled olives, sauces, jams, herbal mix for pasta sauce, flavoured oils and vinegars.
- Simply French, Shop L11 in Nicolway Bryanston – Speciality & Gifts.
- The Security Store, Shop L46 in Nicolway Bryanston – Safes, alarms, and other security products.
- Body Vibe – Functional fitness. Was off the inner parking, through the archway under the ramp in G5 Euro Centre, 363 Rivonia Boulevard, in Rivonia North Shops.
- Mi Power, Shop G02 in Rivonia Junction – LED lighting, standby power applications: Solar power, diesel and petrol generators.
- Gienius Smart Store, Shop G6 in Rivonia Junction – Repairs to iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nokia, Blackberry and Sony phones, tablets. Accessories. Gaming consoles. Hi-tech gadgets.
- Skin Esteem, Shop 7 in Petervale Shopping Centre – Aesthetic cosmetics and permanent make-up, scar treatments, waxing, eyelash extensions, piercing, tattoo removal.
- Lisianna Fashions, Shop LG10 in The Square Sunninghill – Beautiful ladies' clothing: Quality at affordable prices.
- Kauai in The Core Sunninghill – Healthy Fast Food. Juice Restaurant & Coffee Shop. Wraps, Salads, Sandwiches, Freshly Squeezed Juice.
- Zio G Craft, Shop 02 in The Core Sunninghill – Italian Restaurant and Gastropub. Replaced by Buon Umore.
- A2Z Food World in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Indian spices, rice, flour bread, veg, fruit, snacks, long life milk, cigarettes, ice cream, frozen food, cold drinks, more.
- The Laughing Buddah, Shop G09 in Sunninghill Village – Contemporary cuisine. Quality food at affordable prices.
- The Hanger, Shop G03 in Sunninghill Village – Ladies' and Gents' clothing in adjacent shops.
- DIY Depot in Sunninghill Village – All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, and DIY advice.
- Simply Gorgeous, Shop G33 in Sunninghill Village – Lingerie: Regular and larger sizes: S–6XL. Fantasy Wear. Pity they lied about accepting returns.
- Quack & Moo Clubhouse, Shop G44 in Sunninghill Village – Kids' indoor play venue with Café. Leave the children here while you shop.
- Tazkia Skin, Body & Nails, Shop G45 in Sunninghill Village – Skin, body and nails.
- Moo & Phry TV, Shop LL04 in Sunninghill Village – DStv installations and repairs.
- SBR Sport, Shop UG10 in Sunninghill Village – Specialist swim, bike, run shop. Bike repairs and maintenance. Master bike fit studio. Shoe fit and pronation evaluation. Leg and knee assessment for athletes.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
6,028 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Spelling Check is OK:
Send! Back to top
real cause of the DA/EFF bust-up: Julius
messaged Mmusi, "I resent your email, toady" and got a sharp response. He had
meant, "I re-sent your email, today".
Increase Your Vocabulary Effortlessly
AWAD (A.Word.A.Day) by Anu Garg sends out a short email every weekday
containing an English word, its pronunciation, meaning, etymology, usage, and a
thought for the day. On the weekend there is a compendium of readers'
Subscribe to the free version (with small adverts) or give a
Civic: City Starts Urgent Work on M2 Bridge
Recently, the City of Johannesburg woke up to the poor condition of the Kazerne and Selby sections of the M2 Bridges.
Built in the 1960s, the bridges are now near the end of their design lifespan. The affected sections suffer from severe
cracks that have affected their structural integrity, requiring urgent reconstruction and rehabilitation.
JRA has started working on the double-decker M2 bridge as a matter of urgency.
Reconstruction of the
affected sections may take up 12 months.
Read more here.
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
at the Checkout:
see that the Commission will sit on Friday."
they not be more comfortable sitting on chairs?"