Restaurant Review ~
Home Tip ~
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Sandton.
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres and Shops in and near Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Shops
Rivonia Oriental City
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Speak Well –
Park Toastmasters meets 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 17:45 for 18:00 at
Pendo Energy, 22B Woodlands Office Park, Woodmead, Sandton. No Charge.
You are welcome! Call 082 389-3482,
email the Club.
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops in Woodmead
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton and Johannesburg:
Grayston Shopping Centre
The Colony, Craighall Park
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Your nearest donor centre is at
The Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Aves, Craighall.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Shopping Centre News
We hope you had an excellent Festive Season, and that 2019 is shaping up well
This month we list a number of changes in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill,
Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre,
and elsewhere. Please remember that you can always
changes that you spot before we do! (Please remember to include a description of
what the shop sells, and as many contact details as you can)
Junipas Restaurant in Hobart Grove had indeed closed for good, as we
concluded. It has now been replaced by a Doppio Zero. (Shouldn't
that be "Doppio One"? There's already a Doppio Zero in Chill Lane. How
Traffic Report: "The highway is slippery due to an oilier accident..."
Furnished Single Room to Let
Now in Morningside
Cosy bedroom with
private half bathroom (shower, basin, toilet). Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced. Shared kitchen, lounge, patio,
garden and cats. Secure parking. Close to shops and bus routes. Ideal for student,
newly-employed, or recently separated. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail us, or
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Skills Hair Studio Unisex, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Ladies', gents', and kids hairdresser and stylist. Hair extensions.
- Sankayi, Upstairs in 90° on Rivonia – Night club & venue for functions. African and urban entertainment. Two bars, a lounge and VIP areas.
- Golden Rose Chinese Food and Sushi Bar, Shop 15 in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Chicken, pork, beef, duck, vegetable, prawn, calamari, fish, noodles, rice, sushi.
- Canvas Printing (Kiosk outside PnP) in Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – Printing of digital photos and images on canvas and wallpaper sizes up to A0 (80x120 mm). Custom framing.
- Carlton Hair in Cambridge Crossing – Ladies, gents, ethnic and Caucasian hair. Facials, manicures, pedicures.
- Matte Black in Cambridge Crossing – Fragrance and flowers.
- Hairtural, 1st Floor in Petervale Shopping Centre – "Be you". Ethnic hairdresser.
- Go Oral Care, Shop L49, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Tooth alignment, teeth whitening, teeth sensitivity, fissure sealing, bad breath, teeth cleaning.
- Mr Price Home, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Budget-conscious Household items of all sorts.
- Telkom Direct, Shop L41, Lower Level in Nicolway Bryanston.
- Tsonga, Shop U07, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Footwear.
- Wagners Exclusive, Shop U19, Upper Level in Nicolway Bryanston – Clothing.
- Bagel Zone, Shop G12, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Bagels, coffees, muffins, chillas and build-your-own-salads.
- Big Blue, Shop G240, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Ladies' Clothing, Men's Clothing, T-shirts, Bags, Gifts, Homeware.
- Birkenstock, Shop G56, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – German brand of sandals and shoes, with contoured cork and rubber foot beds. The original comfort shoe.
- Exclusive Books, Shop 114, 1st Floor in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Premier bookshop.
- Glamzza, Shop G58, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Women's fashion boutique with limited stock of each style.
- Lunar Sleep Systems Sleep Studio, Shop G29, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Luxury hand-crafted bed set manufacturer-distributor. Inner-spring, multi-layered foam and hybrid mattresses.
- Miladys, Shop G53, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Women's clothing.
- Motherland Coffee Company, Shop G58B, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Coffee and café fare. Light meals, treats and snacks prepared in store.
- Pick n Pay Clothing, Shop 103, 1st Floor in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc.
- PSG Gadgets, Shop 124, 1st Floor in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – PCs, cellphones and accessories.
- Sorbet Man, Shop G57, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Men's haircuts and shaves, massages, facials, waxing, hands & feet ("man"icure and pedicure).
- Wellness Warehouse, Shop 125, 1st Floor in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – "Health" supplements, organic and natural beauty products, "real" foods, eco home products, baby care.
- Zifferelli Firenze, Shop G34, Ground in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Italian men's fashion.
Advertise Economically on the Megaplex website!
Only R1000+VAT per year for a topmost banner or R500+VAT for another banner!
or call 082 389-3482. Last
year our Woodmead Value Mart page had 36,324 unique visitors, Morning Glen Mall had 18,563, Woodmead Retail Park 18,153.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Danilo’s Ristorante Italiano, 17 Poplar Avenue, Riverclub
Want to go somewhere really different, then this is a place to visit!
NO fuss Italian restaurant in Riverclub with tubs of flowers and
balconies. This is a very welcoming place and lovely for lunch. We
ordered Gooseberry Sauvignon Blanc and plain cold water! Food was
Gamberi Zucchini and Insalata Tonno. Prawns with Zucchini and Tuna Salad
in English. The prawns were wonderful as was the salad. The wine
delicious. Perfect lunch to end a great morning!
Contact Details for Danilo's Ristorante Italiano. Back to top
**** 011 Morningside, The Wedge,
Rivonia Road, Morningside
This is part of the Baron chain of restaurants and is on the lower level of
the Wedge. It has an outside balcony for summer and sunny days. Our waiter was
Goodness and made sure we were well looked after. To drink, my partner had
Tomato Cocktail and I had Durban Sauvignon Blanc, which was a good enjoyable
wine. Been very happy with all the wines I tried in 2018. To eat, my
partner had Liver and Onions and I had Calamari. Both were good. The calamari
were so good that I was naughty and indulged in a slice of cheese cake!
011 also has a Sports bar, so it’s a great place to go if you are a fan!
Now that the work at the Wedge is finished, I think this plus Morningside Shops
will be two of the best restaurant venues around.
Contact Details for Morningside 011 by the Baron. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
Speakers continue to twist the language into new
forms by blending existing idioms. A recent coinage is, "You nailed
it on the head!" This seems to be an amalgam of "You nailed it!" and "You hit
the nail on the head!"
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one,
click here and register (or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject:
we will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line).
- Kushido Karate-Do Martial Arts in Petervale Shopping Centre – Self-defence - self-awareness - self-confidence. Okinawan style Karate. Was 1st Floor: the dojo has closed after 36 years.
- Tshepy Boutique in Cambridge Crossing – Ladies clothes, handbags.
- Skin PhD, Shop L49 in Nicolway Bryanston – Permanent hair reduction, photo rejuvenation, acne, pigmentation. Was Lower Level.
- The Baron Bryanston (On Main) in Nicolway Bryanston –
was No 1, The Wedge, Main Rd corner Posthouse Road.
- Gratiea Cosmetics, Shop G58 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Allegedly "age-defying" "natural" skin-care products based on Dead Sea salt, and other quack remedies.
- Style Philosophy, Shop G57 in Benmore Gardens Shopping Centre – Ladies boutique.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R380/month!
Around 6,000 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
Put It Back Where You
Found It! Back to top
says, give credit where it is due: Herman is doing well recovering hijacked
buildings –and driving them back to where the hijackers stole them from.
Interesting Events in Gauteng:
Monday 28 January, 18:45 for 19:00: Golden Gavel Advanced Toastmasters Club
Meeting at Pendo Energy, 22B Woodlands Office Park, Woodmead, Sandton. Charge: R50 for
Saturday 2 February, 14:00–17:00: SA Secular Society (SASS) Social Bring & Share
with Discussion Topic. "Where should SASS Focus in 2019?": Morningside Manor, Sandton.
Tuesday 5 February, 17:45 for 18:00: Woodlands Office Park Toastmasters Club
meeting, Pendo Energy, 22B Woodlands Office Park, Woodmead, Sandton. No Charge:
Thursday 7 February, 18:15 for 18:30: Accenture Toastmasters Club
meeting, Accenture, Waterfall Corporate Campus, Waterfall Drive, Midrand. Charge:
R10 for snacks:
Thursday Comedy Night, 7 Feb at 20:00–22:00, Chicago's Piano Bar Fourways,
Waterford Shopping Centre, Cnr Witkoppen Road and Nerine Drive, Fourways,
Sandton. R30 charge.
Saturday 9 February, 08:45 for 09:00 to 12:00: Bryanston Breakfast Toastmasters Club, Bryanston Sports Club, Payne Road & Main Road, Bryanston. R50
charge includes breakfast.
Tuesday 12 February, 17:45 for 18:00: UWP Toastmasters Club meeting, off Sloane St, Bryanston.
Saturday, 16 February,12:00-14:00: East Rand (Benoni) Secular Meetup by SASS
(South African Secular Society) - Speedy secular book reviews over lunch.
Give R10 to SA Guide Dogs for the Blind! SMS 'SEE' to 38051
at the Checkout:
need one 'Triple-A' battery!"
"I don't see any. Will three "A" batteries do?"