Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Wedding Speech? –A Piece of Cake!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at Accenture Toastmasters: Meet
1st & 3rd Thursday of the month at 18:15 for 18:30 at Accenture, Waterfall
Call Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Single Room to
Let from Apr/May 2019 in Morningside
Cosy bedroom with private
half bathroom (shower, basin, toilet). Carpeted, fully furnished and
serviced. Shared kitchen, lounge, patio, garden and cats. Secure
parking. Close to shops and bus routes. Ideal for student,
newly-employed, or recently separated. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
New Listing for The Woodlands
We recently visited "The Woodlands" and have now listed the businesses in their Lifestyle Centre on
a new Megaplex web page. The Woodlands is an office park off Woodlands Drive and
Western Service Road,
Woodmead, with large open landscaped space and a game park. The Woodlands
Lifestyle Centre has useful amenities for the businessperson such as a
very friendly Mugg & Bean restaurant, dry cleaner, print shop, nursery school and a gym. The
gym area also houses a beautician, biokinetics, a dentist, optometrist, and
physiotherapist. The Parkrun fitness
programme does a 5 km run in the park on Saturday mornings followed by a
get-together at the Mugg and Bean restaurant.
To help you get ahead in public speaking, presentations and leadership. there's also a
Toastmasters Club that is open to the public.
They meet at 18:00 on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of most months at Pendo Energy,
22B The Woodlands, 26 Western Service Rd, Woodlands, Sandton.
'A neighbour in NC complained that the plants a
landscaper sold her as "heavenly bamboo" weren’t actually a bamboo at all, but
the shrub Nandina domestica. We had to acknowledge that she had, perhaps, truly
been bamboozled.' –
Patricia O’Day, Bend, Oregon in AWADmail Issue 855.
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Aurora Medical Aesthetics (LG1 under the Pharmacy), Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Botox & Fillers, Vitamin Drips, Chemical Peels, Laser Therapy, Microneedling, Plasma Therapy,: Treatment of: Hair Restoration, Sclerotherapy, Scars & Burns, Body Contouring, Hair Removal, Pigmentation, Ageing, Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Acne, Acne Scars, Vein Removal, Stretch Marks.
- Newly Listed in The Woodlands Office Park Lifestyle Centre
- The Little Ashford Preschool in Woodlands Office Park – Just east (up the slope) of the upper parking at the Lifestyle Centre.
- Mugg & Bean, Shop 004 in Woodlands Office Park – Restaurant. All-day breakfast, light meals, toasted sandwiches and snacks. Generous portions and bottomless coffee. Open Mon–Fri 06:00-17:00, Sat 07:00-12:00.
- Beautician in Woodlands Office Park.
- Biokinetics in Woodlands Office Park.
- Dentist in Woodlands Office Park.
- Dream Body Fitness in Woodlands Office Park – Gym for individuals who want results, are positive and value health. Hard work and achievement using time-tested methods, not shortcuts.
- Minuteman Press, Shop 003 in Woodlands Office Park – Printers. Full service printing & copy centre, Brochures, Letterheads, Business cards, Rubber Stamps, Graphics designs. Open Mon–Fri 09:00-17:00.
- Optometrist in Woodlands Office Park.
- Standard bank ATM in Woodlands Office Park – Open 24 hours.
- Physiotherapist in Woodlands Office Park.
- Pressed In Time in Woodlands Office Park – Domestic and commercial laundry and dry-cleaning. Carpet cleaning. Mattress cleaning. Alterations. Shoe repairs. Open M-F 07:00-18:00.
- V Nails in Woodlands Office Park.
- Parkrun in Woodlands Office Park – 5km run –you against the clock. Every Saturday at 08:00, but entrance gates close strictly 07:45. Entrance with barcode. Post-parkrun coffee at Mugg and Bean.
- Woodlands Office Park Toastmasters Club near Woodlands Office Park – Meet at 16:00, 1st and 3rd Tuesday of most months at Pendo Energy, 22B The Woodlands, 26 Western Service Rd, Woodlands, Sandton. GPS: -26.058527, 28.088343.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Review by Judith Back to top
***** Ocean Basket, Morningview Shopping Centre
A thoroughly decadent meal, our drinks were Appletizer and Ocean Basket's own dry white. I indulged in oysters and my partner in sole with great chips! We stretched ourselves to dessert. My partner had ice cream with decadent hot sauce and I went for an Irish coffee.
Thoroughly enjoyable meal and great service from Lebani.
Contact Details for Ocean Basket Morningview. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
If government bureaucracy has gone mad, can we call it “bureaucrazy”?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,986 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT,
- Lola Boutique, Shop GF44 in Rivonia Village – Ladies fashion: Mainly local designs. Imported shoes.
- Natalie's Flowers in Woodlands Office Park –
Was Shop 5, Lifestyle Centre. A family-run florist for 20 years.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Africa – the Duck
Julius says that a waterfowl that sits on the
mountain-top must be a "peaking duck".
Mmusi Maimane, well-known Leader of the well-known Democratic Alliance,
[At SONA], President Ramaphosa showed that under the ANC, the State of
the Nation was rather a State of No Action.
Whatever his intentions, the President is constrained by the ANC, is unable
to act, and will not be able to stop his party’s intention to expropriate
private land, homes and businesses without compensation.
Time is running out to save South Africa. Time is running out to save your
right, and the right of your children, to own property without the risk of it
being taken away by government.
If you stand for individual property rights and a growing economy, then stand
with a party that will protect that right! Only the DA is big enough to
challenge the ANC/EFF coalition of corruption, and with your help, we can win
even more parliamentary seats in Election 2019.
Make a donation to protect our sacred constitutional rights.
The DA is the only party with a track record of good governance in South
Africa’s biggest cities! Our solid agenda for change will sell failing SOEs,
create fair access to jobs, cut the fat, create an honest and professional
police service, grow our economy, and protect your constitutional rights!
Please make an investment in the future of our democracy!
Overheard at the Checkout
did the visit to the Doctor go?"
said everything I have is 'age-appropriate'."
"It wasn't as reassuring as you might think: At some
stage it will be 'age-appropriate' for me to die!"