Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Better – Become a Leader!
Learn public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Meet Tues 25 June, 9 and 23 July at 17:45 for 18:00 in Mariswe House, Hamilton Avenue, Bryanston.
Call Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Single Room to
Let Now in Morningside
Cosy bedroom with private
half bathroom (shower, basin, toilet). Carpeted, fully furnished and
serviced. Shared kitchen, lounge, patio, garden and cats. Secure
parking. Close to shops and bus routes. Ideal for student,
newly-employed, or recently separated. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
As can be seen in our list of closed
businesses below, Nedbank is now joining Standard Bank in closing its branches.
At least, it has closed the one in The Square, Sunninghill.
Let's hope it's not a trend. We now have no Nedbanks and no Standard Banks
in Sunninghill. Your closest Nedbank is in Rivonia, and your closest Standard
Bank is as far afield as Woodmead. Sunninghill still has an FNB in Chilli
Lane and an Absa in Sunninghill Village.
Seen any video-hire shops lately? No? They are also a dying breed. So,
congratulations to Video Hub who
opened in The Square Sunninghill two months ago. We hope they survive!
In what job would an ambitious person want to start
at the top and work their way down?
How about mining?
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Precision Glaze has moved from Kinetic Sports Centre in Rivonia to Bryanston Carvenience, near Grosvenor Crossing – Professional auto detailing: Polishing, paint protection, paint correction, ceramic coating, interior cleaning,, and mag wheel polishing.
- Miapoint Convenience Store Sunninghill, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill is closed for renovations from 1 June to 1 July 2019.
- The Pizza Bar, Shop G09, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Fast food: Pizzas, pasta, subs (submarine sandwiches), salads, and soft drinks. Open 10:00 to 21:00, 7 days a week.
- De La Terra Kitchen, Shop 02, Ground in The Core Sunninghill – Italian Restaurant. Pizza, pasta, salad, lamb, fish, burgers, toasted sandwiches. Open every day 06:00-22:00.
- Ade Hair, Shop 17, Ground in The Core Sunninghill – Unisex ethnic hair. Hair extensions. Was Adeomoba Hair Gallery.
- Video Hub, Shop G16, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Video hire. Wide selection. Moved from Video Spot in Sunninghill Village. Open 10:00-22:00 every day except Christmas and New Year.
- Asylum Tattoo Collective, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Open Mon–Fri 09:00–18:00, Saturday 09:00–15:00. By appointment only.
- Engen Garage, Ground in Sandton Court – Petrol and oil, quick food shop: snacks. Replaced the Shell garage.
- Dr. Julia Meyer (M.Tech Chiropractic), 4 Hill Road near Sandton Court – Chiropractic manipulation treats various neuro-musculoskeletal conditions including arthritis, chronic pain, colic, headaches, joint/ligament/muscle sprains, low-back pain, neck/shoulder pain, sciatica, sports injuries, jaw pain and whiplash.
- BeeGee Café, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Coffee shop.
- The Classic Print Shop, Shop 20, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill – Canvas printing, T-Shirt printing, digital photo printing, business cards, invitations, flyers, brochures, calendars, programmes, cards, posters, house plan printing.
- Baan Bootsbar Thai Cuisine, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Take away, restaurant. Thai, Chinese. Spring rolls, chicken, fish cake, soup, salad,
drinks. Open every day 10:00-20:00.
- Plus 233 Barber and Beauty Shop, Shop 67, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall
– Hair relaxing/retouching, fix lace wigs, hair treatment, colour highlights, cut-&-blow waves, twist & braiding,
- Blackboard Eatery, Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Replaced Vovo Telo.
- Manix Hardware Buccleuch, Shop 10, Ground in The Bridge Shopping Centre – All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, and DIY advice.
Get a FREE Loyalty Card that Gives you up to 5% Cash Back!
Up to 5% of your spend back when shopping at selected merchants, plus one to 15 Shopping Points
per R1000, to use on special offers. The card is honoured in 47 countries and powered by Lyoness, the global shopping community. To get one
click here and send the resulting email (or send an email to email@example.com with "Lyoness Cashback Card" in the Subject).
We will reply with your personalised invitation to apply on-line.
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Pappadums, Morning Glen Mall
As always, our favourite place and Sharon knows our needs! Tried Doolhof Single Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc for the first time and can recommend it. Lassi Mango is my partner's favourite drink here. A medium Chicken Tikka and a mild Tadka Dal were enjoyed as well.
Contact Details for Pappadums. Back to top
**** Ocean Basket, Morningview Shopping Centre
One of our favourite Ocean Baskets, stopped off for calamari and their famous Fish, with butternut and spinach. Drinks were house white wine and Appletiser. Service was good and the restaurant was busy. Great place to go with the family.
Contact Details for Ocean Basket Morningview. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
Despite what many
people think, "enormity" does not mean "really big", it means "the great or
extreme scale, seriousness, or extent of something perceived as bad or morally
wrong", or "a grave crime or sin". The illiterates at Microsoft Windows
Spotlight recently referred to "the enormity and beauty" of the mountain
Kangchenjunga (the 3rd-highest mountain in the world, and highest in India):
Possibly the world's first terribly bad and morally wrong natural feature!
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,865 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT,
- Nedbank Sunninghill, and ATMs in The Square Sunninghill – Branch of this Bank with ATMs. Was Lower Level. No longer Open.
- Tandoori Grill Indian Restaurant, Shop 15 in The Core Sunninghill
– Samoosa, Tandoori, biryani, curry, chicken, lamb, seafood, vegetable,
salads. Licensed bar. Halaal food.
- Buon Umore, Shop 02 in The Core Sunninghill – Italian Restaurant and Catering. Italian, Mediterranean, Portuguese cuisine. Pizza, pasta, burgers. Functions. Was Ground.
- Burger Perfect, Shop 40A in Morning Glen Mall
– Fast food: Salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, toasted sandwiches, chips (fries)
and soft drinks.
- Rivonia On Deck in Rivonia North Shops – "Jozi's premier business and lifestyle centre". African dishes to a fine dining standard with a blend of local food influences and traditional ingredients. Replaced Caffe
Della Salute, which replaced San Pablo Spur at 17 Autumn Road Rivonia, off
- Hair & Chats in Rivonia North Shops – Hair & Beauty Spa and Salon. Facials, massages, manicures, pedicures, hair treatment, barber and kids hair. At Rivonia On Deck at 17 Autumn Road, off Rivonia Road.
- Sandton Dry Cleaners, Shop G16 in The Square Sunninghill
– Laundry and dry cleaning.
- Dzuvha Hair, Nail and Beauty Corner, Shop LG05A in The Square Sunninghill – Ethnic beauty products, particularly hair extensions, which can be fitted at Dzuvha Hair Salon opposite,.
- lulu - Coffee for today in The Square Sunninghill – Coffee, smoothies, muffins, cappuccino, hot chocolate, juice, pastries, grudgingly served.
- Tropical Gyro and Greek Foods, Shop LG05 in The Square Sunninghill – Tropical Gyros offers Greek wraps, chicken, burgers, chips, T-bones and lamb chops to die for! Baklava.
- Sandton Court Motors & Shell Select in Sandton Court – Shell V-Power petrol, diesel, oil. Convenience store (fast food, snacks). FNB ATM in-store.
- Sandwich Baron, Shop G05 in The Square Sunninghill – re-opening in Sunninghill on 1st November 2013. Sandwiches on white, brown or health bread, French bread (22cm) & Footlongs (35cm). Breakfast roll, pita, Tramezzini,
salads, baked potatoes. Free delivery in the area.
- Bamboo Thai in The Square Sunninghill
– Take away, restaurant. Thai, Chinese, sushi. Catering for private
functions and office parties.
- Baked by Smi Sunninghill in The Square Sunninghill – For all Your Speciality Cake Needs: Beautiful Birthday Cakes, Stunning Wedding Cakes, Gorgeous Baby Shower Cakes and much more. Was Lower Level.
- Vovo Telo Bakery & Café in Grayston Shopping Centre – Breakfast, breads, soups, salads, pissaladiere (thin-crusted pizza), pasta, sandwiches, burgers, juices, teas and soft drinks. Take-aways.
- Buccleuch Hardware, Shop 10 in The Bridge Shopping Centre – All essential hardware: Paint, glue, fastenings, wheelbarrows, home and garden tools, basic keys, gas refills, fans, heaters, pool items, gadgets, and DIY advice.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
OK, Now Prove It!
It's a dogma-eat-dogma world.
News from City of Joburg
The City of Johannesburg increased its tariff structure with effect from 1 July 2018. Know
more about 2018/19 Tariffs and understand what you are being overcharged for.
For queries related to charges on your account contact them on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joburg's Call Centre on 0860 Joburg or 0860 56 28 74.
Help COJ to stay in touch with you: Email your correct postal address, along with your name and contact details to
Visit e-Services and register on the website to
view your accounts online. Once registered, you can manage your account online via eStatements.
Rand Water Major Shutdown: Don’t Panic (Yet)!
Johannesburg Water advises all residents of the City of Johannesburg that Rand
Water which is our bulk water supplier will be conducting maintenance on some of
their main lines that will affect supply to all City of Johannesburg reservoirs
and towers for 54 hours from Monday 24 June 2019.
Please note that this does not necessarily mean that there will be no water during the
54 hours shutdown period, however, due to the extremely long hours, some areas
may experience low pressure. Our Reservoirs have the capacity to supply for a
maximum of two days at a time and the system will not run out of water as we
will still get limited supply from Rand Water.
Johannesburg Water appeals to all residents of the City of Johannesburg not to
panic and continue to use water sparingly during the shutdown in order to avoid
a complete no-water situation and reminds all customers that level 1 water
restrictions are still in place.
Report all leaks to the Call Centre on 011 375 5555 and follow our social media pages
for regular updates.
Overheard at the Checkout
you know that we can now get black wine?"
"That sounds strange but –I don't know– maybe using black grapes... where did
you hear about it?"
"Just a few days ago, I heard a radio interview with SA's first black wine maker!"