Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Monday & Thursday
nights, Saturday Afternoons,
Serbian Church Hall.
14 Tana Road, Sunninghill.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Better – Become a Leader!
Learn public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Meet Tues 27 August and
10 September at 17:45 for 18:00 in Mariswe House, Hamilton Avenue, Bryanston.
Call Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Morningside Cottage to Let, 1 September
Roomy garden apartment
with double bedroom, bathroom, split-level lounge-dining room, kitchen, patio, garden and
secure carport. WiFi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
Do You Know? –They are
Have you noticed how often some people use the phrase "you know" in their
speech? "You know" this, "you know" that, even several times in the same
sentence? What are they secretly telling you?
It's not as if they are asking "do you know (whatever)?" and then waiting for
an answer. If it were, it might be some sort of rapport-building
technique, a way to make sure that you are both on the same side.
No, they are telling you that "you know" whatever! Rather, they could assume that you don't "know", because they seem to be giving you
You might even reply, "no, I don't know" or, "assume I don't" and
be looked at strangely. Because the other person is not consciously
aware that they are
constantly saying "you know"!
That is the key: The phrase is not coming from their conscious mind, but from
the unconscious. The blatant contradiction, telling you that "you know"
something you probably don't, is meant as a warning. Their unconscious
mind –vastly more powerful and honest than the conscious, but with limited vocabulary– is
signalling that what they are telling you is a lie! Or, at best, a half-truth.
Pay close attention to purveyors of "you know"; you will begin to
see where they are lying.
How about you? Listen carefully to what you are saying: How often do you
use "you know" without a question mark? Are you unconsciously
telling others that you, too, are fibbing?
At Toastmasters, our members learn to speak
"ums", "ahs", "ers", "sort-ofs",
unnecessary pauses and (you know) saying "you know".
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Lanser's on Main Restaurant, First Floor Upper in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Neighbourhood Bistro serving home-styled Italian and French food with an ambience to match.
- Blaque Fine Foods, Ground in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Wine and Grill House.
- Kitchen Vibes, Shop 11A, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Authentic African Tastes: Brebo (ox liver), Jollof, Lamb tails, Beef trotters, Samp & chicken, Lamb burger, Karoo Sirloin steak, Burundian Goat kebab, much more…
- SA Brand Footprint, Shop 11B, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Quirky ladies fashion, shoes, gifts.
- NB Cellular, Shop 36, Upper Level in The Wedge, Morningside – Cell phones and accessories, electronics, all kinds of repairs.
- Skintruth, Offices in The Wedge, Morningside – Skincare clinic. IV nutrition therapy on Fridays. By Appointment only.
- Scenar, Ozone and Far Infrared Sauna Therapist, Ground in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre.
- Philo Moodley Biokinetics, Shop 13, Offices in The Wedge, Morningside – Philo Moodley, BA(HMS), BAHons(Biokinetics), PR 0786101.
- Epilio, Shop 02, Offices in The Wedge, Morningside – Laser Hair Removal, Waxing, Threading, Hydro Facial, Tanning, Grooming Services.
- Innova OT, Offices in The Wedge, Morningside – Occupational Therapy.
- Acuphysio, Offices in The Wedge, Morningside – Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, weight loss, orthopaedic
- Colourbox, Shop U23A, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – A one-stop fashion and lifestyle destination for women.
- MTN, Shop U44, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Telecom Services: Cell phones, Contracts and Accessories.
- Clicks, Shop L07, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Fully-equipped pharmacy. Dispensary coming (nearest is Morningside Dispensary at the Wedge).
- Havenley Beauty, Shop U08, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Beauty Salon.
- Eden Tech, Shop L14B, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Audio/Electronic, PC, Cellphone & Photo.
Furnished Single Room to
Let Now in Morningside
Cosy bedroom with shared
full bathroom. Carpeted, fully furnished and
serviced. Shared kitchen, lounge, patio, garden and cats. Secure
parking. Close to shops and bus routes. Ideal for student,
newly-employed, or recently separated. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
Restaurant Reviews by Judith Back to top
***** Bosco Ristorante Italiano,
Sunhill Shopping Centre, Sunninghill
A return after a long break, still the warm friendly place with good food that we knew. Smanga took our order. Noble Savage Sauvignon Blanc and hot chocolate plus lasagne and Prawns Grigilia. The latter were so good, I had Tiramisu as my appetite was stimulated. Can recommend!
Contact Details for Bosco Ristorante Italiano. Back to top
***** Pronto Italian Restaurant &
Bar, The Colony, Craighall
Blown away by Sipho's attention from the moment I entered! Tried the Fairview La Capra Sauvignon Blanc and sat on the roadside balcony. Was joined by my partner after he had given blood. I had the Smashed Avo on sourdough bread and he ordered the Vivaldi toasted sandwich. The latter
has everything - chicken, bacon, cheese etc. and enormous –with
chips (not listed on the menu): Why two carbohydrates?
My Smashed Avo was beautifully presented with red pepper and cucumber garnish plus a great slice of lemon. The tomato bruschetta, which arrived as a surprise, were really an appetite stimulant.
This is a place to go to listen to really great jazz and visit their art exhibitions promoting local artists. They also make all their own artisanal breads. This was a truly 5 star experience!
Contact Details for Pronto Italian Restaurant & Bar. Back to top
Funny Language, English...
How come it is
grammatically correct to poke someone with a stick, or shoot them with a gun,
but not to throw them with a rock?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,837 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT,
- Chez Girard Cuisine in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Cafe, Deli and Catering. Moved from 20 West Road South, Morningside. A top restaurant for truly inspired and gorgeous French food. Outside catering and platters too.
- Seasons Cuisine in Naturally Yours Wellness Centre – Keto, Paleo, Banting and natural "good clean fair food", largely fresh and organic. Was First Floor Upper.
- Neo Luxury Bar, Shop 10 in The Wedge, Morningside – Niche fragrances exclusively from Italy and France, local bathroom things (diffusers, lotions, candles, body butter). Was Upper Level right of Avanti Hair-Stylist.
- Hot Yoga Studio in The Wedge, Morningside – The Wedge Office Block, second floor (opposite The Firm).
- iThority, Shop 02 in The Wedge, Morningside – IT Training, Learner Management, Workplace Solutions. "Businesses and individuals need to overcome the challenge of mastering the technology they depend upon" –presumably they help with this in some verbose jargon-filled way.
- Edgars Beauty, Shop U23a in Morningside Shopping Centre – Health & Beauty: Facials, makeovers, cosmetics. Chanel, Blv, Armani, Dior, Issey Miyake, Estee Lauder, Clarens, Aramis, Clinique. Was Upper Level.
- Abina’s Hair Salon, Shop U44 in Morningside Shopping Centre – New Look African Hair Salon: Relaxing, weave, perm, tinting, locks dreads, braiding, cuts, Caucasian braiding, Brazilian weave. Was Upper Level.
- Morningside Pharmacy, Shop L07 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Fully-equipped pharmacy and dispensary. Sister shop to Morningside Dispensary at the Wedge. Was Lower Level.
- Pringle of Scotland, Shop U18 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Exclusive branded clothing for men and women. Opened Nov 2018 in the big free-standing glass kiosk outside Design in Motion, Upper Level.
- Crystalia, Shop U08 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Crystals, chandeliers, jewellery and handbags.
Was Upper Level.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
For Earth Day
Planet Earth! You mean the world to me!
Coming: Special Gardening Feature!
In the Spring a young couple's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of –
Shopping in Sandton is proud to announce that we have obtained the
exclusive services of a renowned gardening expert. Brigadier (Retired) James
"Nuke" Killer will write a column and answer your gardening questions. (How we
secured his services is a secret, but we are now several bottles of good whisky
Retiring from a distinguished military career, Brig. Killer looked for a
hobby. He was pleased to discover new uses for his talents for
shouting, stomping around, and bossing people. That, with strategic thinking,
military tactics, and plain gumption, made a winning combination in the African
Being able to borrow equipment from his cowed former colleagues at the nearby
military base also helped. His unique garden rapidly gained prominence. It has featured in top gardening publications to which we are definitely not giving
free publicity here.
As the Brigadier says, "Africa is not for sissies, and the African garden
is not a place for sissy plants".
We look forward to educating and delighting you with his column in future
Overheard at the Checkout
you no scruples?"
"No –I think the teenagers ate them all..."