Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
online during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Wedding Speech? –A Piece of Cake!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Online on
Tue 11 August at 18:00.
Call Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
atheists & Humanists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
weekly social & educational Meetups
online during Covid-19. Visit us
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Make a difference to others!
Lockdown does not
stop people needing blood.
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Insurance-Approved Services: Waterproofing, Ceiling Painting, Renovations
Telephone 011 656 1005, 083 212 4830, Fax 086 273 1719 – Contact:
Malcolm Isaacs: e-mail
Win a Free Advert while doing your everyday shopping...
How did you get on the "Shopping in Sandton" emailing list? (your
answer is above)
Most readers subscribed by visiting the
Megaplex web site, finding it helpful, emailing a business from the
site, and copying us in.
People tell us how useful they have found the site when looking for a product
or service in Sandton. If you have found that too, we now ask you please
to give back ...a little.
With lockdown, it is difficult for your editor to visit many
shopping centres to update the website. As a result,
the listings for various centres are getting out of date.
But you are shopping regularly at your local shops. She is gong
to her local centres. He is going to his nearest
mall. If each of you tell us of the changes in the centres you frequent, we can keep the
whole site up to date –including your local shopping centre. Please
Scroll down the left of this newsletter or the
Megaplex web site on your smart phone. Pick the
centre you are visiting. Compare our listing with reality.
If there is a new shop, please get a business card (or as many details as possible,
at least phone and email).
email us the details or WhatsApp to 082 389 3482. Just say you are
helping Megaplex keep the shop's free listing up to date, and most shops will
gladly cooperate. If a shop has closed, please tell us too.
Thank you, loyal readers, for helping to keep the Megaplex site the
valuable public resource that has served you for two decades!
As a reward, we will give the three people who provided the most usable
contributions, a free banner advert in the August newsletter for your business
or anything else legal you want to promote.
See the Movers and Shakers section below - it's interesting to see how many
changes occurred in just two shopping centres in the last few months. New
shops have largely opened to replace those that have disappeared.
How long before taxi drivers complain that they
are only allowed to load 100%, instead of their usual, 200%?
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
email for our online course
– reduced price during lockdown.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Kitsch + Kool, Shop U32, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Ladies Clothing, Mens Clothing, Gifts. T-shirts, buff masks, onesies, earrings. Free delivery anywhere in South Africa on orders over R500. Free Returns.
- Thule, Shop U20a, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Roof racks, bike carriers, bike travel cases, baby strollers, cargo carriers, trailers for bikes, water sport racks, child bike seats, backpacks, luggage, bags, laptop/tablet/phone cases..
- The Refillery, Shop U17, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Planet-friendly grocer offering PLASTIC-FREE, ‘weigh-and-pay’ shopping to help you stock your pantry with quality, ethically-sourced products without wasteful packaging.
- Dr Pachanga, Shop U39, Upper Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – A fashion brand that specialises in vegan leather handbags paired with African wax fabrics and men's and women's clothing. Handbags, sweaters, winter wear, facemasks.
- Play Toys, Shop L26, Lower Level in Morningside Shopping Centre – Earth-friendly toys and activities of the best quality, safety and play value. Wooden toys, doll houses & furniture, wooden train sets, traditional toys, role play toys, safari animals, umbrellas, scooters for kids.
- Easy Shoe and Bag Repair, Shop 50, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Shoe repair, bag repair, key cutting.
- Harvey World Travel - Lloyds Travel, Shop 03A, Lower Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Travel agents. Lloyds agents. Open Mon–Fri.
- Stellar Boutique, Shop 32, Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – International Luxury Designer Collection, Personalized Image Consulting.
- Mommy Wellness Day Spa, Shop 36, Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Treats moms and moms-to-be, and the whole family including your little tot! Full range of specialised spa treatments to choose from.
- The Bubble Shop Bryanston (Kiosk), Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Bathroom Accessories: Bath crystals, bubble bath pearls and oils, lotions, imported soaps, potpourri, aromatherapy. Watch batteries, watch repairs, 3-layer masks.
- IV Bar, Shop 16, Upper Level in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Intravenous vitamin therapy, possibly a new fad.
Funny Language, English...
I need a tonic to
fortify me. Mind you, at my age, I'll be happy for it to fiftify me...
We have no reviews for you this month. Sorry. Judith Taylor, our
avid restaurant-lover and reviewer, is nearing the end of her fifth week in
Sunninghill Hospital with various complications (not Covid-19, at least).
After a touch-and-go time, she seems to be recovering, gradually . We wish her
a good recovery.
Would any of you keen restaurant-goers out there like to
send us a review for next month?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,428 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
(Raymond Chandler wrote a classic detective novel using this euphemism for "death")
- GianMarco, Shop U32 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Excusive Italian menswear, all made in Italy. Shirts, accessories: ties, braces, cufflinks, pocket handkerchiefs, bow ties, manbags, belts, scarves, ascots (cravats), 100% silk and 100% cotton socks.
- Design in Motion, Shop U20a in Morningside Shopping Centre – South Africa's first cycling concept store offering a range of the best bike brands (Carvelo, Pinarello, Eddy Merckx, Volcan, Binachi, Trek, Morewood, Assos, Sidi), accessories, parts, bike fit and repair centre.
- Kids Emporium, Shop U17 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Children's furniture and clothing, maternity wear, linen and décor, travel systems, gifts, interior design.
- Envy, Shop U20 in Morningside Shopping Centre – South African fashion: Ladies' clothes and accessories - handbags, earrings, glasses, belts. Was Upper Level.
- In-decent, Shop U39 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Ladies' clothing and accessories. Was Upper Level.
- Beauty Factory, Shop L26 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Quality bath and body products direct from the Beauty Factory to your bathroom. Opened October 2018.
- Matia Bella, Shop L11 in Morningside Shopping Centre – Facials, Acne Treatment, permanent hair removal, waxing, tinting, manicure, pedicure, nails, eyelash extensions, permanent make-up, Botox. Fillers. Open Monday–Saturday 09:00 -18:00, Sunday/Public Holidays 09:00-15:00.
- Biggie Best, Shop 12 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – New Generation Store. Home & Décor. Interior & Furniture. Trading: Mall Hours. Corporate Member of SAGID. Moved from Benmore Gardens.
- Wedge Rose Florist, Shop 50 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Arrange and deliver flowers of the highest quality to all national and international areas. A wide variety of arrangements, specializing in floral designs for all kinds of functions.
- The Little Field Mouse Market Pop Up Shop in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Ladies boutique. Gifts. Crafts.
- Sansiro, Shop 03A in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Upmarket men's boutique. Exclusive men's clothing, shoes, and perfume: "Wear smart, smell divine".
- The Organic Natural and Whole-Food Emporium, Shop 31B in Bryanston Shopping Centre – a Jozi Real Food initiative aimed at bringing the best real food from the best sustainable farms and producers to your table. Was at the rooftop entrance.
- Hermanna Rush, Shop 36 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Fashion, bags and Accessories, Original Ladies' Clothing.
- Freddy SA, Shop 45 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Clothing store. At the upper entrance from the north parking.
- Pureberry Frozen Yoghurt, Shop 16 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Juice Bar and handmade Craft Frozen Yogurt, made using plain sugar-free yogurt. Coffee. Superfoods.
- yourGIFTS.shop - yourLIFE.shop in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Home, health, baby, beauty, fashion, gifts.
- Denim, Shop 25 in Bryanston Shopping Centre – Ladies boutique: clothes and bags.
- Nedbank, Shop 23/24/27 in Bryanston Shopping Centre.
Thought for the Day:
With the stress our
health personnel are under, it may only be a matter of time before we have
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business or cause extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Look Again at Solar Power
Some straws in the wind:
Regrettably, when we look at future scenarios for South Africa, the "High
Road" proposed in the 1980s is now completely off the table.
This is largely
due to an electorate kept ignorant by a governing party they support blindly, like a soccer team. And opposition parties that have been
unable to inspire. The bad future for SA looks like Zimbabwe, and the "good"
future like Nigeria.
Eskom electricity is going to become more expensive and less reliable. It
is time to look at backup power. Generators are a quick fix, becoming expensive as they have to run longer and fuel prices rise. Solar panels,
cost nothing to run. Battery backup is not cheap, but
coming down in price as the pressure and scale generated by Tesla is felt
At our office we have had a grid-tied system saving us around R1000 a month on Eskom since
January 2015. Unfortunately, "grid-tied" does not run when Eskom is off.
Hence we are now looking at upgrading to a hybrid system with batteries that can keep essential
systems running during blackouts.
We can make suggestions for suppliers to use if you want to do something similar.
Send us an e-mail.
day, sir. I need a bottle of lacquer thinners, please."
"Ja boet, we got thinners. I dunno how lekker they are, hey?"