Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
online during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Learn public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters:
25 August 2020 at 17:45 for 18:00 online via Zoom.
WhatsApp Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Do You keep repeating
the same actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time!
Save an hour or more a week: Get your life back. How?
Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
Turbo-Start Excel Macros course is now online for a limited time
priced less 75%!
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Insurance-Approved Services: Waterproofing, Ceiling Painting, Renovations
Telephone 011 656 1005, 083 212 4830, Fax 086 273 1719 – Contact:
Malcolm Isaacs: e-mail
Call for Public Comment, Deadline
LAST CHANCE - Film and Publications Amendment Regulations (censorship)
As a continuation of the controversial Internet Censorship Bill, Minister Stella
Ndabeni-Abrahams has published draft regulations for public comment.
If the regulations pass, then imagine this: If you, as a private person, posted a cat video to YouTube,
could legally be fined R150,000 or spend 8 months in jail for not submitting it
to the Film and Publications Board first!
It is said that they will not apply
it to private individuals. Big deal! If it's in the law, somebody will.
Remember the 90-day detention law passed by the Apartheid government? They
assured the country that is was only meant for use in the border regions where
it was difficult to get a suspect to court within 48 hours. But the law
never said that. When it was passed, they applied the law as written, to
the whole country.
Think a democratic government wouldn't do that? Watch
them. You also thought they wouldn't put party above the country, or
own looting above the party.
This bill will stifle free speech and cannot
be allowed in a democracy (or even a democrazy like ours)!
Anyone should be free to publish what they like free of charge. The Film
and Publications Board (if
it is allowed to continue to exist at all) should be there to react to
complaints only. That is how things happen in a democracy.
These regulations cover rules around content, distribution and production of
video and graphic material on all platforms, including broadcast, digital and
social media. Further, any person who intends to publish, distribute or exhibit
a publication shall submit the publication to the FPB together with the relevant
form and the prescribed fee, for examination and classification before it may be
distributed or exhibited within the Republic.
Comments close today, 17 August.
If you have not yet submitted a comment,
click here to participate.
"Incontinence Hotline here... can you please hold?"
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Microsoft Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed! Our
Turbo-Start Excel Macros course
is now online at a reduced price during lockdown –less 75%.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Coffee and Crunch has moved from Sunninghill Village to Sunhill Shopping Centre – Variety of filter coffees, plunger coffees, coffee beans. Teas from all over the world. Premium biscuits from Mantelli’s Cape Town.
- Istanbul Kebab Shawarma, Shop G01, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Moved from Mutual Mews after the fire, replacing Tabla Restaurant. Turkish and Mediterranean Halal foods prepared freshly upon order, using authentic recipes.
- Xtreme Indoor Karting moved from Sunninghill Village to Cedar Square, Fourways – Go-kart rink. Senior and junior karts.
- Lemonade, Shop G25, North Wing in Sunninghill Village – Imported Chocolates, Sweets, Soft Drinks, Cereals. Ice Cream & Gelato. Sauces & Dips, Spices & Masala, Pickled Goods, Indian Raw Tea, Frozen Savories & Halaal Meat. Home-Made Cakes & Confectionary.
Stockist of Chateau Gateaux.
- Ryobi Service Centre - Stevens & Co (Pty) Ltd. in Useful Contacts on megaplex.co.za – 604 16th Road, Randjespark, Midrand.
- X Burger, Shop G10, Ground in Sunninghill Village – X-Burger, X Travagant, X Traordinary, Crunchy Chicken Burger, Cheese Burger, Beyond X Burger (Vegan), Vegexarian Burger. Desserts, Shakes.
- Vapeology ZA, Shop G03, Ground in Sunninghill Village – "South Africa's #1 Premium Vape Store" but with no website yet.
- Custom Taylor, Shop G02, Ground in Sunninghill Village – Three-piece suit from R5500, Trouser from R1500, Shirt from R1250. Specials 3 for 2 shirts, trousers.
- Hero Media, Shop LL04, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Design, print, signs, web. Logo & graphic, vinyl & banner. Flags, personalised clothing, systems.
- Art.pro Gallery, Shop LL08, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Art Gallery by Lee Holloway. Art, Framing, Carpets, Interior design. "With a wide collection we provide to decorators and investors alike.".
- Catherine's Corner Boutique, Shop LL15, Basement in Sunninghill Village – Ladies' clothing.
- Pick n Pay Clothing, Shop G43, North Wing in Sunninghill Village – Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc.
- Joss Couture Bridal Wear (Suite 3), 1st Floor in Sunninghill Village – Custom designed and handmade bridal label. Working one-on-one with brides to create a wedding dress that embodies the bride’s unique character and style.
- Syllabis Learning (Suite 1), 1st Floor in Sunninghill Village – Personalised tutoring options for every learner. 1 on 1, group classes, Study Skills and Exam Preparation, K53 Learners and Drivers Classes, Home-schooling and much more.
Free Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets will be e-mailed to you by auto-responder on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Vehicle Licence form, Bank Account Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Restaurants were shut until recently. Judith came home today after
weeks in hospital and rehab. Hence, we have no reviews for you this
month. Better luck next month. Anybody else interested in contributing a
Thought for the Day:
"To have a long
life, drink long life milk." –Rick Raubenheimer.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,385 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
- Mi Vami, Shop G10 in Sunninghill Village – Schuvarma and grill. Falafel, chips, beef or chicken burgers, fries, toasted sandwiches, hot & cold drinks, soda. Mi-Vami means "the Who's Who" in Hebrew.
- Athania's, Shop G03 in Sunninghill Village – Ladies' and Gents' clothing in adjacent shops.
- Tabla Restaurant in Sunninghill Village – Mughlai Indian Cuisine and Lounge. Dine in, take away, delivery, outdoor catering, functions and parties.
- Kids in Business / Teens in Business / SA Training & Business Dev Academy, Shop UG09 in Sunninghill Village – Developing young business minds. Training for businesses to be fully compliant for tenders. Was Upper Level.
- Great Image in Sunninghill Village – Matric dance, evening, wedding dresses. Casual clothing in any size or design: dresses, trousers, blouses, jackets, coats. Professional alterations to any type of clothing.
- Bakos Real Estate, Shop G03 in Sunninghill Village – House sales and rentals in Sunninghill, Paulshof, Barbecue, Kyalami, Woodmead, Lonehill and Fourways.
- Sunninghill Arts and Crafts, Shop LL04 in Sunninghill Village – Mosaics, paints, decoupage, scrapbooking, paints, canvasses, arts and crafts. Workshops for all ages.
- Books Galore, Shop LL05 in Sunninghill Village – New and second-hand Book Store: Esoteric, military, Africana, children's books, Afrikaanse boeke. Vinyl LPs.
- Friends for Life, Shop LL08 in Sunninghill Village – Pet Shop. Aquariums, water features, koi ponds, décor, pumps and accessories. Tropical, cold-water and marine fish. Aviaries. Love birds, budgies, cockatiels, African greys, etc. Small animal pet care products and habitats. Canine and feline premium foods, toys and accessories. Bird grooming, building of koi ponds, repair & maintenance of aquaria.
- Skyviews Picture Framers & Art Gallery, Shop LL15 in Sunninghill Village – Corporate framing, certificates, degrees, diplomas, box framing, block mounting, DB board frame covers, prints, décor art, mirrors, photo collages, investment and fine art.
- Designer Bites, Shop LL17 in Sunninghill Village – Catering, confectionery & events. designer cakes. cake pops, catering platters, event styling, candy stations. No function too big or too small.
- Professional Nail & Beauty Supplies, Shop LL20 in Sunninghill Village.
- Toy King, Shop LL21 in Sunninghill Village – Party themes, gifts, toys, arts and crafts.
- Polly Potters Toy Store, Shop G36 in Sunninghill Village – a quality range of toys and gifts for babies, toddlers and young children. Unique designed products, a selection of traditional, wooden, and educational toys sourced from around the world.
- Full Swing Consulting & Tisa Risk (Suite 3) in Sunninghill Village – Was 1st Floor.
- Ukonga Energy Solutions (Suite 4) in Sunninghill Village – Led Decor & Ceiling Lighting, wholesale. Supplier of decorative lighting, interior lighting, exterior lighting and specialist lighting. Also supply a selection of sockets & switches and all types of lamps. Was 1st Floor.
- Video Spot Sunninghill, Shop G29 in Sunninghill Village – Video hire.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Funny Language, English....
shedding an abuse of power by Eskom?
So it's level 2 from tonight at midnight. There is always speculation
as to whether "midnight on 17 August" means "midnight between 17 and 18 August"
or "midnight between 16 and 17 August". The majority view seems to be the
former. But why not make it 1 am or 6 am on the day and eliminate the
As some wag put it, smokers will now be allowed to buy matches, and drinkers
will be able to buy ice.
While more official parks like Ernest Ullmann have been closed, a wonderful
group of caring individuals has arisen to care for the Sandspruit between Kelvin
Drive and 12th Avenue Rivonia.
If you have walked this section of the Spruit recently, you should have
noticed how much cleaner it looks.
Following in the footsteps of the great Dan Hunt (still very much active),
people like Wendy, Gavin, Scott, and others too numerous to mention have been
removing the litter and storm debris, and restoring the trail.
There are standing invitations to join them on WhatsApp, dotted along the
path (see Q-Code alongside). Or
use this link.
Proposed policy to allow 5G towers on Your Property without Your Permission
of Communications and Digital Technologies Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams has gazetted
a new policy on the deployment of communications networks in South Africa,
and has allowed the public to comment on the proposal before
policy aims to accommodate the accelerated deployment of electronic
communications networks, such as LTE and 5G networks.
policy gives mobile networks and other licensees the right to select, enter, and
use public or private land for the deployment of their network infrastructure
without the owners' permission.
infrastructure built on this land would belong to the network which built it,
and property owners are directed to avoid damage to the facilities built on
Additionally, owners may not charge companies for building infrastructure on
their property, except under certain conditions.
These include cases where more intrusive electronic communications networks or
facilities, such as masts, are erected. This would be a serious inroad
into your property rights.
This policy is currently
open for comments from interested
Overheard Near the Checkout
the difference between South Africa and the Titanic?"
"When the Titanic went down, the lights were still