Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Monday & Thursday nights, Saturday Afternoons,
at the Serbian Church Hall.
14 Tana Road, Sunninghill.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Wedding Speech? –A Piece of Cake!
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Online on
Tue 13 October at 18:00.
Call Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
atheists & Humanists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
monthly social & educational Meetups
online during Covid-19. Visit us
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Make a difference to others!
Lockdown does not
stop people needing blood.
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Morningside Room to Let, 1 October 2020
with half-bathroom (shower, basin, toilet), in house in Morningside
Manor. WiFi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here for more.
Welcome to Lockdown Alert Level 1
We are nearly there, ladies and gentlemen. One more level to go.
Our major enemy now, apart from the Covid-19 pandemic itself, is complacency.
When I go walking or running on the river trail, the majority of people I see
aren't wearing masks. Or they are wearing them –around their knees.
They get oddly annoyed when one points out that (a) the law still says that you
are required to wear a mask in public, and (b) it should cover the nose and
At least the malls seem to be enforcing mask-wearing, where I live, anyway.
Has anybody had a nightmare yet about going out without a mask? It had
With Covid-19, hospitals have got very strict
about visitors: Now, even mothers require special permission to be present at the
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
email for our online course
– reduced price during lockdown.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Morning Glen Mica in Morning Glen Mall is moving from Shop 22 to Shop 39 at the opposite end of the Lower Level, under Food Lovers' Market, on 1 October – All essential hardware, helpful advice and great service.
- Optomise moved from Suite 6 in Atholl Square to 4th Floor, 20 Melrose Piazza, Melrose Arch, 14 Whiteley Rd, Melrose, Johannesburg – an approved venture capital company offering tax compliant solutions to maximise your tax incentive through investment into certified Section 12J companies in South Africa.
- Bakos Real Estate moved from Sunninghill Village to 47 Savannahs, Muller St South, Buccleuch, near The Bridge Shopping Centre – "We pride ourselves in being instrumental in both the sales and rental industries, We always go the extra mile securing credible buyers and tenants."
- Bagel Street, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – The original New York Bagel. Lifestyle food with bagels: Breakfast, lunch or supper, the iconic Jewish treat, certified Halaal. Eat In, Takeaway or Delivery.
- Agua e Vida, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Sellers of alkaline mineral water, which they claim is good for you. Water dispensers and bottles.
- Cell City, Ground in Atholl Square – Cell phone store where you can fix your phones and tablets. Repairs done while you wait.
- SMS2Bet Betting Services in Atholl Square – Rolls out, invests in and operates a number of integrated lottery, sports betting and gaming solutions using mobile phones to buy tickets and place bets.
- Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen in Sandhurst Centre – Cajun Chicken Restaurant.
Funny Language, English...
As the language is put to new and unexpected uses, it had to happen.
There is a bulletin about cat health and cat behaviour called (of course) the "Mewsletter"...
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,428 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
- Pick n Pay Clothing, Shop 26 in Morning Glen Mall – Clothes and fashion for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Complimented the range found at the main Pick n Pay.
- Broll Property Management & Black Sheep Design (Suite 4) in Atholl Square – Professionals specialising in architecture, interiors, project management and construction. Was First Floor.
- Mainspring (Suite 3) in Atholl Square – innovative marketing of mobile content and applications. They source and develop unique content specifically for emerging markets. Was First Floor.
- Breathe in Atholl Square – Relax and rejuvenate your body and spirit at this eco spa. Massages, facials, waxing, lash extensions. Venus Concept. Was Ground level.
Thought for the Day:
Cats are unreliable
as paperweights. --Rick Raubenheimer
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business or cause extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
CD & DVD Sale: 50% Off
Bookdealers of Melville is holding a CD & DVD Sale. For three days
only, 2–4 October, you get 50% off all CDs and DVDs in store. Bookdealers
is at 12, 7th Street, Melville. Telephone 011 726 4054.
Trading hours: Monday to Saturday 09:00-17:00; Sunday 09:00-16:00,
At Bookdealers website, you get
a 20% discount on online orders over R200 for the duration of lockdown. Simply
use the code STAYHOME during checkout.
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their
experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common
problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. AA is not allied with
any sect or religion. Nevertheless, the famous "twelve steps" contain many
references to "God". This can be discouraging and annoying, if not downright offensive, to those who
regard all gods as imaginary.
Now there is a group of AA that has a
tradition of free expression. They conduct a meeting where alcoholics are
free to express any doubts or dis-beliefs they may have, and to share their own
personal form of spiritual experience, their search for it, or their rejection
of it. "We do not endorse or oppose any form of religion or atheism. Our only
wish is to assure suffering alcoholics that they can find sobriety in A.A.
without having to accept anyone else's beliefs or having to deny their own."
This group is "We Agnostics Johannesburg".
The meeting runs every Wednesday 19:30–20:30 on Zoom. Face-to-Face meetings
will resume again when practical, and they will most likely continue the online meeting as
If you would like the Zoom link to We Agnostics AA, or more information, send
Overheard at the Checkout
you know that Jane goes running in the early morning in the nude?"
"Naked? I don't believe it for a moment!"
"She told me. She said she runs in the buff.
I was surprised."
"Really? Wait a minute... did she say 'in
the buff' or 'in A buff'?"
"What's the difference?"
"A 'buff' is a tube of stretchy cloth that can
be used as a facemask."