Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Practical Effective Self-Defence
KRAV MAGA Instructors:
Mike & Walter
SMS or phone 084 211 8888
Monday & Thursday nights, Saturday Afternoons,
at the Serbian Church Hall.
14 Tana Road, Sunninghill.
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Would You Rather be in the Coffin?
Learn public speaking
in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Online on
Tue 9 February at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
atheists & Humanists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
monthly social & educational Meetups
online during Covid-19. Visit us
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Make a difference to others!
Lockdown does not
stop people needing blood.
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Morningside Rooms to Let
with half-bathroom (shower, basin, toilet), and double room (1-2 people)
with shared bathroom. Both in house in Morningside
Manor. Free Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
washing and ironing. Close to shops and bus routes. Only
R4000/month. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here for more.
Forget New Year's Resolutions
–Do a 'Past Year Review' Instead
[from Tim Ferriss, podcaster, experimenter, entrepreneur:] I’m often asked about how I approach New Year’s
resolutions. The truth is that I no longer use them, even though I
did for decades. Why the change? I have found “past year reviews” more
valuable and actionable than half-blindly looking forward with broad
resolutions. It takes 30-60 minutes and looks like this:
- Grab a notepad and create two columns: POSITIVE and NEGATIVE.
- Go through your calendar [or journal] from the last year.
- For each week, jot down on the pad any people or activities or
commitments that triggered peak positive or negative emotions. Put them in their respective columns.
- Once you’ve gone through the past year, look at your list and ask, “What 20% of each column produced the most reliable or powerful peaks?”
- Based on the answers, take your “positive” leaders and schedule more of them in
the new year. Book things with friends and prepay for activities/events/commitments that you know work. It’s not real until it’s
in the calendar. That’s step one.
- Step two is to take your “negative” leaders, put “NOT-TO-DO LIST” at the top, and put them somewhere you can see them each
morning for the next few weeks. These are the people and things you *know* make you miserable, so don’t put them on your calendar out of obligation,
guilt, FOMO, or other nonsense.
Then... [Abbreviated] Read the full article here.
The recipe says to cook the chicken livers until
they change colour.
Does it matter to which colour? Will black
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
email for our online course
– reduced price during lockdown.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- SA National Blood Service (SANBS) Fourways Donor Centre in Useful Contacts – Shop G1-08, Forest Road Design and Decor, 11 Sunset Ave (corner Forest Road), Pineslopes. Open Monday–Friday 08:00–18:00 Saturday–Sunday 08:00–14:00.
- Protea Home moved from Shop 16, Lower Level to Shop 57, Upper Level (where Woolworths was) in Morning Glen Mall – Soft toys, plastic toys, plastic flowers, pots, crockery, platters, torches; an amazing array of varied items for the home.
- Sausage Saloon has moved from Lower Level to Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill, replacing Baan Bootsbar Thai Cuisine – Hot dogs, Russians and chips, cheese grillers, lamb & beef wors, burgers, free sauces.
- Luxury Curtain and Décor in Morning Glen Mall, moved from Shop 18 at Entrance 1 to Shop 26, Lower Level, where Pick n Pay Clothing was – Curtains, alterations, upholstery, all kinds of blinds, haberdashery.
- The Square Car Wash & Auto Valet Centre in the Basement in The Square Sunninghill has changed to “The Square Car Wash” and is under new management.
- The Beauty Spot, Ground in Coachman's Crossing – Luxurious Treatments: Gel, Gel Manicure, Gel Pedicure, Full Set Acrylic, Waxing, Full Body Massage.
- Knockout Boxing Fitness (Suite 5A-5B), 1st Floor in Coachman's Crossing – Most boxing and fitness gyms cater for professional boxers or extreme weightlifters. Knockout Legends, however, caters for children and families and people of all ages.
- Mozambik Restaurant, Shop 39, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Afro-Portio fusion cuisine of Mozambique – high quality and tasty cuisine with an exceptional atmosphere and high service levels – Visiting Mozambik is like a mini holiday.
- Fat Cake City, Shop 38, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Vetkoek (pronounced fet-cook) is one of South Africa’s favourites. Plain, or filled with Cheese, Hamburger Patties, or Bacon. Also Fish and Chips, Russian and Chips.
- ICT Mobile Zone, Shop 33, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Repairs on Iphone, Samsung,
Huawei, Ipad, Tablet, Laptop and more. Accessories for All.
- Colour Rush, Shop 30, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Ladies' Hair Dressing Salon.
- JC Collection, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Fashion Clothing and Accessories.
- Yanicks Hair Salon, Shop LG11, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill.
- The Bar, Mezzanine in The Square Sunninghill.
- The Square Dry Cleaning and Laundromat, Shop G16, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Services: All washing, drying and ironing, Dry Cleaning, Tailoring and Shoe Repairs.
- Ayoka Liquor Store, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Bottle Store: Complete range of liquor, but closed during lockdown Level 3.
- Ayoka Supermarket, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – All household essentials and groceries. Charcoal, firewood.
- Beautilicious, Upper Level in The Square Sunninghill – Nail and beauty salon.
- Letsatsi Finance and Loan, 1st Floor in The Square Sunninghill – Financial services.
- Iceland Seafood and Deli, Shop 32, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – A new seafood experience.
- Tobacco Town, Lower Level in The Square Sunninghill – Everything you need to damage your breathing.
- Mochachos Chicken Fiesta, Shop 04/06, Ground in Rivonia Village – Mexican chicken restaurant and take-away. They deliver.
- Juliette, Ground in Rivonia Village – Gifts, jewellery, bags, women's accessories and fashion wear. Cards. Open mall hours.
CityZen Works to Keep Sandton Clean
Dan Hunt writes: City-Zen is a registered PBO. Our aim is to make our
communities cleaner, greener and safer through community donations which are
used to employ the destitute, unemployed and homeless to give them purpose and
dignity of earning their own income and not having to turn to crime or other
means to earn an income.
The areas we cover are the Sandspruit and Braamfontein Spruit and keep about 10
square kilometres of Sandton and Rivonia streets clean to prevent the trash from
ending up in the rivers and make our area pleasant to live, work and play in. We
have a crew of 8 working regularly and work with about 20 local vendors and
beggars where we provide them with bags, cleaning equipment and incentives to
keep intersections and bus stops clean. We also work and support a few
individuals like Wendy Malpage's amazing team to make sure we are all working towards a
common good for all. We also work with Pickitup cleaning up at the dump and the
local police stations by cleaning their surrounds as a show of appreciation from
It would mean a lot if we could get every resident in the area to make a regular
Thank you all for the amazing support over the years.
The CityZen Team: website,
Funny Language, English...
How come you are housebound but bedridden?
"Bedbound" is also a word. "Houseridden", anyone?
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
5,176 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
- 3@1, Shop G03 in Coachman's Crossing – Postal business communication: worldwide courier, domestic courier, rubber stamps, CD-writing, graphic design, photocopy & print, architectural plans, poster printing, brochures, flyers, presentation folders, binding. Uber.
- The Dance JunXion (Suite 5-5A) in Coachman's Crossing – Salsa classes and Ballroom Couple Dancing, sensual Argentine Tango, Fun Hip-hop, Contemporary, Kids classes - and many more dance genres. No partners required. Was 1st Floor.
- Woolworths, Shop 57 in Morning Glen Mall – Quality affordable clothing and up-market food hall. Was Upper Level.
- The Dros Sunninghill, Shop 39 in The Square Sunninghill – Restaurant and Take-Away, combining an atmosphere typical to that of a wine cellar with food and a warm ambience like the
original Drostdy in Stellenbosch. Was Lower Level.
- Africanza Sunninghill, Shop 38 in The Square Sunninghill – contemporary and savvy brand offering fabrics, outfits and fashionable accessories. Products embrace the latest trends and new fabric designs. Was Lower Level.
- Vape Drippin, Shop 33 in The Square Sunninghill – Vaping starter kits, atomisers, accessories, juice, mods (whatever they are). Was Lower Level.
- KGNM Boutique, Shop 30 in The Square Sunninghill – Ladies' boutique. Was Lower Level.
- Midori in The Square Sunninghill – Traditional Japanese food: Soup, dim-sum, sushi, sashimi, teriyaki, sweet and sour beef/chicken, chop suey, pork, seafood, vegetarian. Fried rice, noodles. Open Mon-Sat 11:00-21:00, Sunday 11:00-20:00.
- Tammy Taylor Nails in The Square Sunninghill – Nail Salon. Was Lower Level.
- Delivery Xtreme Sunninghill in The Square Sunninghill – Meals delivered to your door in Sunninghill and area, Was Lower Level.
- Dzuvha Hair, Nail and Beauty Salon, Shop LG11 in The Square Sunninghill – Mainly ethnic hair. Was Mezzanine.
- Asylum Tattoo Collective in The Square Sunninghill – By appointment only. Was in Mezzanine.
- Video Hub, Shop G16 in The Square Sunninghill – Video hire. Wide selection. Moved from Video Spot in Sunninghill Village. Was Upper Level.
- Miapoint Blue Bottle Liquor in The Square Sunninghill – Bottle Store: Complete range of liquor, deliveries via Delivery Xtreme (above).
- Miapoint Convenience Store Sunninghill in The Square Sunninghill – All household essentials and groceries. Charcoal, firewood. Open M-F 06:00-23:00, Sat-Sun 07:00-23:00,.
- Baan Bootsbar Thai Cuisine in The Square Sunninghill – Take away, restaurant. Thai, Chinese. Spring rolls, chicken, fish cake, soup, salad,
drinks. Was Upper Level.
- Domino's Pizza Sunninghill in The Square Sunninghill – Wide variety of pizzas: Three choices of bases, many standard pizzas or design your own; drinks and dips. Free delivery in 30 minutes. Was Upper Level.
- BallBreakers in The Square Sunninghill – Pool tables, fully catered bar, jukebox with a variety of music. Pool leagues on any player level. Was 1st Floor.
- One Care Medical in The Square Sunninghill – Dr Shaun Naidoo, MBChB (South Africa), ATLS, etc., General Practitioner, family physician and cosmetic dermatologist, for clinical excellence. Was 1st Floor.
- ABSA ATM in Rivonia Village – On the sidewalk outside Adega Express.
- @Home, Shop GF60A in Rivonia Village – Homeware and kitchen appliances, cookware.
Thought for the Day:
Courage doesn't mean
not being scared. Courage means you are scared, but do it anyway. —Pat
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business or cause extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Tracker Alert – Car Theft Syndicate Scam
We received the following email from Tracker:
Tracker has recently become aware of a car theft scam which is being used by
a syndicate in South Africa.
Vehicle tracking customers are being contacted by the scamsters who are
pretending to work for Tracker. They advise the customer that there is something
wrong with their tracking device and that they need to come out to repair or
replace the device.
Once on site the perpetrators will claim that they need to test the device by
taking the car for a test drive or they will say that they can’t finalise the
repairs on site and need to take the vehicle back to the fitment centre.
The scamsters have targeted the customers of several vehicle tracking
If you are contacted about repairs to your tracking device by someone
claiming to be from Tracker, please ask them to take you through the Tracker
security verification questions associated with your account in order to verify
the legitimacy of the call. If they are unable to do so, advise them that you
will need to contact someone at Tracker to verify their claim. If you are still
unsure or find the call suspicious please contact our call centre on 0860 60 50
It is important to keep the following in mind:
• A Tracker technician will never need to nor should they ask to test drive your
• Always check the email address the request is sent from – this is often an
immediate give away as the criminals would not be using a tracker.co.za address
• You can always confirm the validity of an appointment by contacting our call
centre on 0860 60 50 40.
Near the Checkout
visiting a Northern Cape mine next week."
"Oh; which one?"
"Gesuntheit! Bless you!"