The Midsection ~
Civic Tip ~
Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Would You Rather be in the
You will have to speak in public one day! Prepare
in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters: Online on
Tue 14 & 28 September
at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Atheists & Humanists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
monthly social & educational Meetups
online during Covid-19. Visit us
and chat on the Telegram App.
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Make a difference to others!
Lockdown does not
stop people needing blood.
Design and Decor Centre (near Molly Malones), Forest Road and Sunset Ave, Pineslopes, Sandton: Tel 011 465 6441
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews
Sandton Restaurant reviews
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 15 September 2021
Self-catering single bedroom
with shared bathroom, kitchen etc., in house in Morningside
Manor. WiFi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Ideal for student or single person. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
Free Saturday Kundalini
Need some flexibility and de-stressing in your work-at-home job?
Kundalini Yoga & Meditation is the Yoga of awareness, the practice
of Humanology. Its goal is to build inner strength and resilience.
It especially supports your central nervous system to give vitality, and better
No two sets ("kriyas") are the same. Each weekly class will give a set
aligned to a global theme.
When: Every Saturday morning, 07:00–08:15.
Venue: Online via Zoom.
Cost: Free of charge.
Register in advance for this class here. You will receive
a confirmation email with the link to the meeting.
Presenter: Charlotte D Blignaut. She has been a teacher of dance since 1997,
hence instructing in a studio environment is not new. Charlotte has been a
student of Kundalini yoga since 2004. She entered the teacher training in
here on Facebook and
here on Instagram.
If you would like to know more about the background of this teacher and her
brands, beyond the Yogic teachings,
And now for something completely different...
Behind on your Joburg Rates, Water, Power, Sewer, or Bribes?
As of August 2021 the City of Johannesburg is offering a 10% down payment for
municipal debt arrangement plans. This is as opposed the 25–50% usually
required. Also, the city has extended its repayment period from 36
months to 48 months. Pensioners can get 60 months.
This Debt Rehabilitation program was "stunningly popular" (as the Monty
Python Cheese Shop sketch puts it). So the City has extended the deadline for qualifying customers. The closing date is now 31
send an email or visit
the CoJ website to access online application forms.
You may also visit
any of the Revenue Customer Service Centres across the City to apply.
Received an SMS from Eskom "safety month"
saying "don't leave heaters unattended as they might cause a fire". This from
the organisation that just blew up a brand new generator. –Grant, 13 Aug 2021.
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Wingate Computers moved from 1st Floor in Rivonia Village to 29 Wessel Rd, Rivonia. – Computer sales and repairs. Computers, Games, Hardware, Software, Keyboards, Mouse (mice), Anti-virus, Laptops, networking.
- HFPA (Health and Fitness Professional Association) Fitness Academy has moved from First Floor in Rivonia Village to Moove Fitness Complex, 1 Kikuyu Rd, Sunninghill, near The Core Sunninghill – Courses connected with Health and Fitness, e.g. Diplomas in Exercise Science, Personal Trainer/Sports Conditioning, Coaching Science, Group Fitness Instructor, Sports Massage Therapy, Pilates Instructor, Sport & Exercise Nutrition, Exercise & Pregnancy Instructor, Management Programmes.
- The Sweet Jar, Ground in Dunwoody Centre – Confectionery, Local & imported Chocolates, Sweets, Candy, Beverages, Biscuits, Cakes & Savouries. Instagram: thesweetjar_sa.
- The Treat, Shop FF08, 1st Floor in Rivonia Village – Acrylic nails, Gel nails, Waxing for women and men, Eyelash extensions.
- Mugg & Bean on the Move, Total Forecourt in Hobart Grove Centre – Convenience Store serving the Total Garage forecourt, with FNB ATM.
- The Garage, Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Vehicle Service Centre. Service and repair all makes of cars, bakkies, 4x4s and SUVs. MIWA and RMI approved and graded as a 5 star workshop.
- Miche's Happy Feet and Nails, in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Nail Salon and professional foot care.
- The Yellow Fat Biltong Company, in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Fresh biltong and dry wors.
- Tumi Thapelo Interiors, in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Curtains, bull noses, throws, bedding, upholstery, decorating.
- House of Beauté, in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Wellness and beauty through excellence and care. Pamper parties and baby showers.
Cottage to Let: 1 October 2021
Big garden cottage
with double bedroom, bathroom, lounge, dining-room, kitchen, patio and
carport. Free WiFi. Carpeted, furnished and serviced including
laundry. Ideal for work-from-home couple or single person. In
Morningside Manor close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
Voter Registration Weekend is
18-19 September, 8am–5pm
The Electoral Commission (which has quietly dropped "Independent" from its name) has announced Voter
registration weekend for 18-19 September (this Saturday & Sunday). Are you registered to vote in the area where you live?
Check here (IEC) or
If not, find your nearest registration station.
Visit it between 08:00 and 17:00 with your green bar-coded ID book, smartcard
ID, or valid Temporary Identity Certificate.
To register, you must be a South African citizen and at least 16 years old
(you can only vote from age 18).
Ready to Campaign, Ready to Govern:
Democratic Alliance Leader John Steenhuisen writes:
"The 2021 Local Government Elections are shaping up to be a historic turning
point for South Africa. The signs are good for municipalities across the
country to finally free themselves from the ANC’s destructive grip and to start
seeing progress under DA governments or DA-led coalitions.
The DA is ready to campaign and ready to govern. For the first time ever, we
have registered a candidate in every single ward in the country. Our lists are
submitted, our manifesto is written, our posters are printed. We are ready
to bring one powerful message to every corner of South Africa: the DA gets
We have truckloads of evidence to support our claim that we are the only
party in South Africa with a track record of delivery in government. Over the
next seven weeks, we will tell the stories of our many governing successes, so
that come election day, no one will be in any doubt as to which party they can
rely on to get things done for them.
In recent newsletters, I have set out our governing successes in
Nelson Mandela Bay, and how the DA does more
for young people than any
other party. And we have many more good stories to tell, especially where the DA
has had a full mandate to govern.
Voters can be sure that we will not be making the mistake again of going into
coalition or governing arrangements with parties that do not share our four
non-negotiable governing principles: commitment to the rule of law, non-racialism,
a social market economy, and a capable state that delivers to all.
The DA is feeling extremely upbeat, and this at a time when the ANC’s
cancerous policy of cadre deployment is destroying the party itself. It has
turned their electoral process into an intense and protracted battle for who
gets to steal rather than who gets to serve, leading to them missing the IEC’s
deadline to register candidates in 93 of South Africa’s 257 municipalities.
The DA’s state of readiness and the ANC’s state of turmoil mean that this
election, for the first time since 1994, is wide open, with the real prospect of
widespread change in local governments from ANC to DA.
This will bring real material improvements to many people’s lives and some
relief at this time of great suffering. It will also give the DA a golden
opportunity to earn the trust of people in provinces other than just the Western
Cape ahead of the 2024 general election, when South Africa needs the ANC swept
from power if the country is to stop its downward hurtle towards a captured and
failed state while there is still something left to save.
The Constitutional Court last week dismissed the IEC’s application to
postpone the elections, ruling they must be held within the constitutionally
mandated period, which is on or before 1 November 2021.
But don’t be fooled."
Read more here...
Interesting Souf Effrican
What is a "grudge"?
It's a place where a Souf Effrikan porks his cor.
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros:
Record the repetitive action once, repeat it fast with a single
keystroke whenever needed! This quick course will get you started fast:
Read more here.
- ICT Integrators Cell Phone & Computer Solutions, was Shop 10B in Petervale Shopping Centre – Buy, sell, trade in, or trade up all makes of Laptop & PC. Free diagnostics and No Fix - No Fee policy. Virus Removal. Repair, upgrades, advice. Fix cellular phones (free collection & return). Screen Replacements.
- Sunshine Florists & Gifts, Shop 10 in Dunwoody Centre – Flowers, cards, vases, small presents. Interflora agent.
- Pure Motion Studio in Rivonia Village – Was inside HFPA (Health & Fitness Professionals Association). Offered clients a holistic wellness programme comprising of Pilates, Personal Training, TRX Suspension Training, Lifestyle training & eating programmes.
- Lew Geffen Sotheby's Estatess in Rivonia Village – Properties for Sale, Properties for Rental, Commercial Properties. Was 1st Floor.
- Thrupps Convenience Store in Hobart Grove Centre – Convenience Store serving the Total Garage forecourt. Replaced by Mugg & Bean.
- Dial-a-Bed, Shop GF09 in Rivonia Village – Bed Shop, Mattress Factory. Homeware. Opened 19 March 2018, now gone.
- Nim's Thai Spa in Thatchers Corner, Bryanston – Thai Yoga/Herbal massage, sports massage, aromatherapy, slimming massage, hot stone massage, back, neck shoulder, foot massage.
Thought for the Week:
"The kettle boils more quickly if you switch it
POPIA is Live!
You are still subject to The Protection of Personal Information Act.
The good news? Your needs are simpler than those of a big business.
No need for fancy lawyers or highly-paid consultants. If you know what
to do. How will you learn that?
Invest in this POPIA course at the best price ever.
This Free Webinar will Orientate you for the POPI Act
Despite the utter incompetence of the
Information Regulator, whose online registration portal is still not working, POPIA (the Protection of Personal Information Act)-
is law. We do have to comply.
1 July 30 we must report ourselves when we lose a laptop or a phone, or we get hit by ransomware.
(Or any of a bunch of other mistakes.)
We now face fines and the threat of jail.
Even a tiny fine during this crazy COVID time will drop each of us into business
Join me on Wednesday (TONIGHT) for an hour to look at three simple secrets which make POPI
easy for small business owners.
You'll also get a list of all the training available in SA. (It's not a long list.)
Click here to join me online at 8 pm Wednesday
to get Free small business answers to POPI.
I speak simple English. Invest an hour in getting an English explanation of POPI
and how easy it is for small business owners to stay safe.
Serving Entrepreneurs since 1995"
If you can't or don't want to attend the
webinar tonight and every
Wednesday, there is a short online course on what POPIA entails: Click here to take the Free POPI
explanation for Small Business Owners.
If you want to get this worry off your mind fast, join our online
Five Day Fast Compliance series. Invest one
hour each day for a week. Then, invest another hour each day in working through
the instructions in the context of your firm. By the end, you will
be more compliant with this dangerous law than 90% of businesses in South Africa.
Gratis Spreadsheets from Software Africa!
spreadsheets on request.
To use them you need Microsoft Excel (instructions included, but no
batteries): Toastmasters Speech Contest Certificates, Vehicle Licence form, Bank Reconciliation, Fuel Consumption Record,
Rainfall Record, Water Meter Readings, Electricity Meter Readings,
Mattress Turning Schedule, John Demartini Savings Calculator, and
Quotation System with Bill of Materials:
Near the Checkout
"What's this new thing, a 'Vodcast'?"
"Oh, that must be ...ah... a podcast during which participants drink
"What a novel idea!"
"Yes... it probably starts out sedate and formal, and degenerates gradually into