Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Public can be Fun!
It's true! Try Mariswe Toastmasters and see!
Hybrid meetings (in person & Online) Tue 14 28
at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Meet other Humanists & Atheists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
social & educational Meetups
online monthly, and some in person. Visit us
and chat on the Telegram App.
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Be The Special One in a Hundred!
needs blood, but few people donate.
Design and Décor Centre (near Molly Malones), Forest Road and Sunset Ave, Pineslopes, Sandton: Tel 011 465 6441
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop.
New at Epsom Downs, Bryanston
Mariswe Toastmasters has resumed meetings in person, though still with an online
component. It was an ideal opportunity to visit Epsom Downs. There have been
some notable changes: sadly, the florist has disappeared, to be replaced by a
pharmacy. A fishing tackle shop has opened. And a Pizza del Forno has opened.
Changes in Sunhill Centre, Sunninghill
There was also an opportunity to visit the somewhat remote Sunhill Centre in
the north of Sunninghill. The big news there is that northern Sunninghill now
has a supermarket. Namely, Checkers, complete with a separate pet food shop and a
In celebration, the centre has been repainted a stylish drab grey. Taste of
Punjab Restaurant and the famous Bosco Italian Restaurant are still there. Below
is a restaurant review for the latter.
Coming to Morning Glen Mall
Pick 'n Pay Clothing is returning. They will open on 1 March.
The shop is coming back opposite where it was before, to Shop 17 where
Mashumi Art Projects is now. That gallery is moving upstairs to shop 40.
Hobnob Bubble Tea is now open. Blueberry Beacon
Family Restaurant will open on 1 April in Shop 77.
Rumour has it that a skate park is coming too
Q: What is a fortune-teller's favourite colour?
A: Unforeseeable Fuchsia.
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- On 1 February, Durban Seafoods is moving from Sunhill Shopping Centre to Chilli Lane Shopping Centre Sunninghill – shop selling fish, prawns, crabs, calamari, seafood delicacies.
- Hobnob, Shop 35, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Bubble tea. Experience it for yourself. Free delivery up to 5 km, and every 11th one free with loyalty card.
- Padel Perfect, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – 6 outdoor panoramic Padel courts at your disposal – 4 doubles, 2 singles. Access: Kelvin Drive entrance, straight in to the north open-air parking, then down to the lowest level.
- Pressed In Time, Shop 01B, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Domestic and commercial laundry and dry-cleaning. Carpet cleaning. Mattress cleaning. Alterations. Shoe repairs.
- Bass Warehouse Bryanston, Shop 10A, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Fishing tackle, reels, rods, baits, lures, accessories, clothes.
- New Star Fashion, Shop 23, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Affordable stylish clothing, accessories, purses, make-up and more.
- Giggles & Kurls Nail Studio, Shop 21, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Acrylic, gel, biosculpture, polygel, sculpted, ombre. Nails, toenails, male manicure, male pedicure, threading, unravelling.
- The Local Choice Pharmacy Epsom Downs, Shop 10–12, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – One of a like-minded group of independent pharmacists.
- Del Forno Epsom Downs, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Pizza, pasta, salads, burgers, grills and desserts. Wide selection of Mediterranean meals. Tequila. Sit down meals, take away or delivery.
- Frozen For You, Shop G07, F: Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Pre-prepared frozen
home-style meals made with quality ingredients using traditional methods. Wide variety and serving sizes, priced approximately the same as in a restaurant. They deliver.
- Checkers Foods Sunhill, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Extensive supermarket: Groceries, fresh and frozen produce, bread, household cleaning, beauty and personal care products, etc.
- Pet Shop Science, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Pet food and requirements. Part of Checkers.
- Checkers Liquor, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Full-licence liquor store. Replaced Sunhill Liquors.
- Tabacconist, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Smoking requirements, hubbly-bubblies, vaping needs.
- Post Link Sunninghill, Shop 08, Ground in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Copy & Print, ID Photos, Stationery, Large Scanning & Printing, Graphic Design, Domestic Courier, International Courier, Vehicle Licence Renewal, Lamination & Binding, Internet Station, Packaging Material, Shredding, AutoCAD, Canvas Printing.
Furnished Morningside Room to Let
Self-catering double bedroom with shared bathroom, kitchen etc., in house in Morningside
Manor. Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Light during load-shedding. Ideal for student or single person. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
"Excuse me while I kick this guy".
Correct lyric: "Excuse me while I kiss the sky"
from Jimi Hendrix's 'Purple Haze'.
**** Bosco Italian Ristorante, Sunhill Centre,
A single lunch, in memory of past good times.
Bradley brought the Appletiser promptly.
I ordered Linguine Alfredo, but I was probably thinking of tagliatelle. Tagliatelle is slightly wider than fettuccine, but thinner.
Linguine is thicker and narrower than either. No matter, it
still tasted good, very creamy, and was consumed with gusto and extra parmesan.
The restaurant was almost empty between noon and 1pm on a Friday. Staff were attentive: For much
of the time they outnumbered the patrons.
Price: R156 before the tip (Appletiser R30, Alfredo R126).
Contact Details for Bosco Ristorante Italiano. Back to top
You know you're in South Africa when...
Julius demands a national shutdown in March to
assert his party's "rights" while disregarding everyone else's.
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros:
Record the repetitive action once, repeat it fast with a single
keystroke whenever needed! This quick course will get you started fast:
Read more here.
- Levingers Dry Cleaners, Shop 01B in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre.
- Pandora, Shop 23 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Fashion, Clothing - Ladies.
- Sorbet Beauty Salon, Shop 21 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Health & Beauty: Face and body professionals. Massage, aromatherapy, hot stone massage, Demalogica, Environ, Essie. Skin Care. Waxing. Nails. Manicure, pedicure. Facials. Grooming: eyelashes, eyebrows.
- N R Cellular, Shop 10 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Repair centre and accessories for almost any make of cell phone.
- Flowers of the North - Sloane Florists, Shop 12 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Independent florist that designs and delivers.
- Pressed In Time in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Washing, Drying and Ironing for Households, Restaurants, Commercial and Domestic. Coin-operated Washers and Driers.
- Minuteman Press, Shop 09 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Business communications services: Copies, booklets, brochures, business cards, colour copies, printing, flyers, labels, letterheads, manuals, paper supplies & stationery, rubber stamps, binding, embossing, lamination, logo design.
- Sunhill Convenience Store, Shop 13 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Mini-market. Foodstuffs, bread, household items, brooms, sweets, charcoal.
- Sunhill Car Wash in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Car Wash.
- Sunhill Liquors in Sunhill Shopping Centre – All types of drinks. Free delivery in Sunninghill.
- Elegant You Beauty Salon, Shop 14 in Sunhill Shopping Centre – Relaxers: Organics, Ladine, Dark and lovely, Optimum, Revlon, Precise. Braiding: cornrows, dreadlocks, waving, manicure, pedicure.
- Feng Shui Guest Resort near Sunhill Shopping Centre – 21 Naivasha Road, Sunninghill. 6 en-suite units, 1 self catering suite, furnished and serviced self-catering 2 & 3 bedroom, garden flats. Traditional breakfast. Lunch and dinner on request.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,634 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
Disturbing Thought for the Week:
If you are delaying insulating your geyser, are
you lagging with your lagging?
Living Longer and Stronger
Is ageing a disease? Many maladies manifest as we age. What if ageing is the
cause? What if we can treat ageing itself? There are scientists who say
that we can!
One of them is David Sinclair, PhD (video). Dr Sinclair is a geneticist who has specialised in ageing for 30 years. He has a lab at Harvard Medical School. He is over 50 and looks 37. Dr Sinclair wrote the book "Lifespan – why we age, and why we don't have to".
He says that, over time, our cells lose information. We know about the information in DNA also called the genome. The same genes, the same DNA, are in all your cells. Then what makes a liver cell different from a skin cell, or a brain cell? –Structures called the
"epigenome", meaning "above the genome".
DNA is like a bicycle.
A bicycle can’t stand on its own because it is “two-tyred". It needs someone to steer it and pedal: A rider!
For DNA, that rider is the epigenome. It controls which genes are expressed, and which
Bike riders also fix punctures. Similarly, the epigenome repairs broken DNA.
A bike rider is more fragile than the bike. Similarly, the epigenome is less robust than DNA It degenerates, becomes less able to control and repair the DNA. Information is lost, errors accumulate, diseases result,
like cancer: The liver cell
thinks it is a brain cell.
Dr Sinclair says we can "wake up" that natural cell repair method with nonlethal stress. He suggests
- Intermittent fasting –skip some meals!
- Exposure to heat and cold –forget that jersey! Take a sauna.
- Periodic high-intensity exercise: Get out of breath.
Well, you may not live longer, but it will feel like it!
There are also supplements that help. Dr Sinclair mentions Resveratrol and NMN.
South Africa you can
order these online from Genologix:
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the substances your body needs to thrive, means you
can avoid many illnesses that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements
keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Tens of thousands of happy customers trust Genologix for best value, effective dosage, highest purity supplements.
Choose Genologix to help you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Another Anti-Ageing Strategy:
On the other hand, as I spotted at Pick 'n Pay 'n Pay recently, you might
prefer to try an anti-ageing detergent!
Overheard at the Checkout
Teenager: "I wish I was dead!"
Mom: "No, no, dear, you must never say that!"
"Because the correct English is, 'I wish I were dead'."