Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Public can be Fun!
It's true! Try Mariswe Toastmasters and see!
Hybrid meetings (in person & Online) Tue 28
Feb, 11 and 25 April
at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Meet other Humanists & Atheists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
social & educational Meetups
online monthly, and some in person. Visit us
and chat on the Telegram App.
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Be The Special One in a Hundred!
needs blood, but few people donate.
Design and Décor Centre (near Molly Malones), Forest Road and Sunset Ave, Pineslopes, Sandton: Tel 011 465 6441
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop.
Not Quite the Shopping News
Julius’s “shutdown” was a damp squib. Despite being carefully timed for the
working day between the weekend and the Human Rights Day public holiday. A day
when many people took leave to make it a long weekend.
It bodes well for our democracy if the radicals attract minimal support. It is
also well for our shopping centres! We remember vividly the looting of July
2021. Many centres and businesses still have to recover. And funny about the
lack of convictions…
Are you enjoying load shedding? Is Eskom delighting you, or “de-lighting” you?
Things will not get better while we have the looters in power. The ANC leopard
cannot change its spots. Nor is the EFF’s failed insurrection how
governments change in a democracy. It is time to vote the current bunch out next
year; time for other parties to get a chance.
Admittedly the Gauteng municipal coalitions have not covered themselves in
glory. But a lot of that is due to obstruction by the ANC. That is another
reason it is vital to get them well under 50% next year so that, even with
EFF votes, they cannot make a majority.
Who else you vote for in 2024 is up to you. The only other party with a
track record –and it's a good one– is the DA. Unlike the ANC, the DA runs no
high- or medium-risk dysfunctional municipalities (2021
2022 update). Where they govern, they indeed govern better.
If you struggle breaking apart computer printouts, are you an inferior decollator?
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Physio Dynamix has moved from Cramerview Village to Block One, Bryanston Gate Office Park, Curzon Road, Bryanston – Physiotherapy. Education, postnatal care, corporate health, sports injuries, spinal health.
- Cuddlez n Flowers (Kiosk), Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Florist with deliveries. On the podium outside Entrance 2 opposite the ATMs. Also in Lonehill.
- Pick n Pay Clothing, Shop 16, Lower Level in Morning Glen Mall – Clothes for the whole family: shoes, tops, dresses, trousers, shirts, hats, swimming costumes etc. Compliments the range found at the main Pick n Pay.
- Ice, Ground in Cramerview Village – Snacks and cool drinks.
- The Man Cave, Shop 23, Ground in Cramerview Village – Men's grooming and products. Also on Facebook & Instagram.
- Jollof Café, Shop 02, Ground in Cramerview Village – West African restaurant: Nigerian cuisine. Combo Meals, Rice, Breakfast, Swallow (Paps), Soups/Stew, Meat, Fish, Soup, Noodles, Plaintain, Yam, Potato, Beans, Bean Cake, Chops, Sauces, Extras.
- Bootlegger Coffee Company Grayston Drive, Shop 01A, Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Sourced from Central Africa and South America, our beans are 100% sustainably sourced and locally made at our micro-roastery in Woodstock. 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified.
- Headlines Barbers, Shop 08, Ground in Grayston Shopping Centre – Men's' Hairdresser, in the passage. Threading, nose ear waxing, hot shave, facial, massage.
- Epsom Thai, Shop 17, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Thai Fusion Restaurant Offering Starters, Sushi, a Raw Bar, Tapas, Meat and Chicken Section, Seafood, Salads, Noodle Bar.
- Station 12 & Jozi Feast, Shops 14-16, Ground in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Cocktail bar and adjacent eatery.
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1 April 2023
Single Room with shared bathroom in house in Morningside
Manor. Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. R3500/month. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
Correct lyric: "So lonely" from The Police’s "So Lonely".
Santam Insurance: "We Don't Pay, We Hassle" Back to top
There used to be a short-term insurance company whose motto was, "We Don't
Hassle, We Pay". Exactly what we hope for when we one day have to claim.
Santam's motto seems to be the exact opposite.
Not for the first time.
Some years back, Megaplex had to claim for a boundary wall that fell down.
Santam did their absolute best to avoid paying, blaming the fall on a nearby
Without paying attention, a while ago I let our brokers insure the computer
business via Santam. Last year I damaged the car’s wing mirror and needed to
claim a replacement. Pretty simple, no?
Not with Santam. First they wanted to know why I had taken more than a month to
claim (I was on holiday). They called in their assessors, who sourced a more
expensive claim from the company I had gone to. Now they want to scrap the car!
Santam also wants an RC1 (proof of ownership) form, which WesBank say they
sent us when the car was paid off. Only they have no proof that it was ever
received. But that's a story for the next exciting instalment.
Meanwhile, you might consider whether it is a good idea to pay premiums to a company that
does its best to duck out of its claims. Even if its premiums are lower.
How does one take seriously a language that says
"one goose, many geese" but also "one mongoose, many mongooses"?
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros:
Record the repetitive action once, repeat it fast with a single
keystroke whenever needed! This quick course will get you started fast:
Read more here.
Fragged (for the video
Back to top
- Merci Flowers & Gifts in Cramerview Village – Florist and gift shop. Still open in Fourways.
- Pizza Mezza, Shop 02 in Cramerview Village – Restaurant: Mediterranean and Lebanese fusion cuisine. Salads, pizza, calzone, fajita, kebabs, falafel, shwarma, sambousek, pies.
- Blackboard Eatery, Shop 01A in Grayston Shopping Centre – Take away or sit down. Incredible coffee, scrumptious nibbles. Bar. Pet friendly (no tigers!).
- The Tan Can, Shop UG3 in Grayston Shopping Centre – Tanning beds and spray-on tan. "The preferred tanning destination in Johannesburg".
- Bodytec, Shop UG5 in Grayston Shopping Centre – Personal trainer-guided “Electro Muscular Stimulation” (EMS), a full body training exercise using impulse current.
- Just Gents, Shop 08 in Grayston Shopping Centre – Men's' Hairdresser, in the passage. Threading, nose ear waxing, hot shave, facial, massage.
- Mexican Fresh, Shop 17 in Epsom Downs Shopping Centre – Mexican food: Tex-Mex cooking – burritos, nachos, fajitas, tacos and quesadillas. Available in vegetarian, beef, chicken or prawn. Chilli can be added.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,604 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
Disturbing Thought for the Weak:
"Nothing defines humans better than their
willingness to do irrational things in the pursuit of phenomenally unlikely
payoffs. This is the principle behind lotteries, dating and religion." –Scott
Is that an Owl Box up that
Tree? Back to top
Owls play an essential role in maintaining the ecological balance of our
environment. They help keep rodent populations under control. They reduce the
need for harmful pesticides and protect our gardens and crops from insects and
Due to the lack of breeding sites in the urban jungle, owls need help raising
chicks. An owl box gives them a suitable nest and a safe place for the chicks.
The layer of pea gravel in the box provides a substrate where the female can
make a 'cup' in which she can lay her eggs.
EcoSolutions manages the Urban Owl Box Project, now the largest project of its
kind in the world. They also run environmental education programmes for schools
Join the 130-odd families who experience owls breeding in their garden each
year! Get an owl box
before the 2023 breeding season gets underway.
You may already have an owl box in your garden, estate or small holding. Please
consider the importance of servicing it. An owl box must be cleaned and
maintained at least once a year. This ensures that your owl box remains a cosy
and hygienic nesting place. It greatly increases the chances of attracting owls
to breed in it.
Click here to
read about what the service entails and why it is essential.
email EcoSolutions or visit
EcoSolutions' web site or phone them at 072 365 9777 / 011 791
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a
longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the
substances your body needs to thrive, means you can avoid many illnesses
that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements can
keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Tens of thousands of happy customers trust Genologix for best
value, effective dosage, highest purity supplements.
Choose Genologix to help
you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Overheard at the Checkout
"This news report says several people have been stabbed in The
"That sounds painful! But, pardon my ignorance, what part of the body is The