Restaurant Review ~
Civic Tip ~
Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Public can be Fun!
It's true! Try Mariswe Toastmasters and see!
Hybrid meetings (in person & Online) Tue 13 and 27
at 18:00. Call or message Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston:
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodlands Office Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Meet other Humanists & Atheists online:
The South African Secular Society (SASS) holds
social & educational Meetups
online monthly, and some in person. Visit us
and chat on the Telegram App.
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton::
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Be The Special One in a Hundred!
needs blood, but few people donate.
Design and Décor Centre (near Molly Malones), Forest Road and Sunset Ave, Pineslopes, Sandton: Tel 011 465 6441
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop.
It is sad when a Post Office closes, as the one in Morning Glen Mall has just
done. Never mind that we haven't used it for years. It is still sad to see the
crumbling of a once proud institution (if not an efficient one) under the double
whammy of the unions and the ANC. This wasn't one of the Post Offices at which
you can get your car licence renewed.
Do the opening of a gym and a Cash Converters in that centre compensate?
I'm not sure.
We visited Kelvin Grove shopping centre and the finally rebuilt Mutual Mews
in Rivonia. The latter is the small centre across Rivonia Boulevard from Rivonia
Village that largely burned down
on 30 November 2019.
The results are in the new and closed shops lists below. Mutual Mews is now
predominantly a fast food drive-thru establishment. Kelvin Grove, on the other
hand, has lost more food places than it has gained. The new gym and the motor spares shop might
be useful, though.
Happy "World No Tobacco Day", 31 May.
Stay away from cigarettes -- get a long cigarette-holder!
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Opening tomorrow, 1 June: Cash Converters, Shop 40, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Second-hand shop: Buy unwanted goods and sell almost anything. Cash advances.
- Willow Way Fitness, Shop 57, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Gym, previously lacking in Morning Glen. One of 6 locations. A blend of strength and cardio, the energy of a group but with individual coaching.
- Pro Fit Gym, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Get fit: Be inspired. Personal Training, Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Boxing, Dietician, Discovery Vitality, Coffee Bar.
- Pizza Hut, Ground in Mutual Mews – Casual pizza chain with wide selection, even a 1-metre pizza! Deals, Pizzas, Sides, Drinks, Sweet Ones, Pizza Folds.
- KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken), Ground in Mutual Mews – American import eaten the world over. The secret ingredient is salt!
- Burger King, Ground in Mutual Mews – Home of the Flame-Grilled Whopper and made with 100% natural ingredients. Mind you, wood and rocks are also "natural", if not edible.
- Diner BoyZ Kelvin, Shop U12, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Curries, Tikka, Burgers, chips, coffee, deli.
- Matrix Star Barber, Ground in Mutual Mews – Gents' and ladies' hairdresser.
- Kumar Kailey Hair & Beauty Salon, Shop U07, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Unisex. Haircut, Steam Shave, Facial, Ear & Nose Wax, Head & Back Massage, Hair wash, colour. Save with Combo deals.
- Wolfsburg Auto Spares, Shop U05, Ground in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – New and used parts, tyres, brake discs, brake pads, car service kits, cambelt kits, water pumps, clutch kit, car batteries and more.
- Vicson Tailors (Pty) Ltd, Shop L08C-L09, Lower Level in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Specialized Custom-Made Men & Ladies Outfits (sic).
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1
Single Room with shared bathroom in house in Morningside
Manor. Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. R3500/month. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
“Sweet dreams are made of cheese”.
“Sweet dreams are made of these” from The
Eurythmics’ ‘Sweet Dreams (are made of this)’.
How To Find Enough Prospects for More Sales (Without Cold Calling or Chasing) Back to top
Some weeks ago we did the free course from Peter Carruthers
(which you can still do): Selling Salts email course on How to Sell More.
We learned that the best way to close sales is to respond to enquiries
happens if you do not have enough enquiries? That’s the job of
your marketing department. What if you don’t have one?
That’s where Email Marketing fits into your life.
This week, Peter
launched a new FREE email marketing course. It’s called Marketing
Matters. You’ll start from scratch, and end in four weeks
with a working, free email marketing engine, already producing new sales.
An email account is
all you need to get started on the daily lessons.
You will discover how to set up your own direct email marketing within four
weeks, even if you have done no marketing before.
discover a hidden source of free, incredible prospects. These
are people who face the problems to which your business sells solutions.
Not only is
the training free, but your new email marketing platform is free as well.
(Free forever, not just for a trial period.)
It’s a combination I have dreamt of for years. (One of the biggest challenges
to email marketing is the cost of the platform. The other is the complexity.
This new system solves both.)
Here to join this new email marketing course, Marketing Matters. Peter
will solve your marketing problems forever. (I have used direct marketing since
1984. That’s 39 years - my entire entrepreneurial life.)"
Please share this email with another business owner.
Sometimes the Typo is More
"Easier sad than done."
Do You keep Repeating the Same Actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time! Save an hour
or more a week: Get your life back. How? Learn simple Macros:
Record the repetitive action once, repeat it fast with a single
keystroke whenever needed! This quick course will get you started fast:
Read more here.
Got their Just Reward:
Back to top
- Gallo Manor Post Office, Shop 47 in Morning Glen Mall – Stamps, snail mail, telegrams, parcel post, post box applications, telephone applications, telephone books, pay-a-bill, airtime, banking, courier, money transfer, philately, photocopying, fax, micro-loans, stationery, internet, binding, laminating, Lotto. Now closed.
- Mr Price Home, Shop 58 & 59 in Morning Glen Mall – Affordable homeware, décor and furnishings - opened 29 March 2012 on Upper Level, now closed.
- Ink Sarang, Shop 34 in Morning Glen Mall – Printer ink and toner cartridge refills: Generic and original for all popular makes: Lexmark, HP, Samsung, Epson, Canon. Was Lower Level.
- Hobnob, Shop 35 in Morning Glen Mall – Bubble tea. Experience it for yourself. Free delivery up to 5 km, and every 11th one free with loyalty card. Was Lower Level.
- Al Noor Halaal Butchery and Indian Spices, Shop U05 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Amina's sauce and marinades, shans, spicemate, Cape recipe sauces, basmaati rice. Take-aways: Chiken tikka, wors roll, hot dog, chips, gelato ice cream.
- Juri Beauty Parlour, Shop U06A in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Facials, skin care, manicure, pedicure, head, scalp and body massage, finger and toe paint, eyelash extensions, waxing.
- Fish and Chips, Shop U07 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – "old fashioned" take aways: fish, calamari, Russians, cool drinks.
- The Pantry, Shop U11 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Bakery, coffee, deli. Breads, rolls, cakes, biscuits. Cordieals, samoosas, pies, meat, pizza, sweets, ice-cream.
- Kelvin Printers and Stationery, Shop L02 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Flyers, business cards, graphic design, vinyl, banners: x-banner, budget roller, executive, telescopic. Gazebos. Was Lower Level.
- Right & Bright Dry Cleaning & Laundry, Shop L03 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – also alterations, shoe repairs, and carpet cleaning. Was Lower Level.
- Kelvin Optometrist, Shop L05 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Yasmin Ahmed, B.Tech (Opt)(UJ).
- New Fashion Salon, Shop L16 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – In the passage. Gents and boys cut. Ladies wash, cut & set. Threading, waxing, facial and Mehandi.
- SDP Professionals, Shop L08C in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – Community Health Work Course, Palliative Care, Home Based Care, Care of The Aged: A 12-month course. 30% Theory and 70% Practical.
- Law24, Shop L09 in Kelvin Village Shopping Centre – "Legal insight, trusted advice." However, they seem to be in real estate, not law.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,539 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes VAT, less discount)
Thought for the Week:
"There is no ribbon-cutting ceremony for
unblocking a sewer." – John Steenhuisen, DA Leader, in "Straight Talk: The high
cost of ignoring the invisible, unsexy stuff"; Thu 28/04/2022.
New Scam Alert from Nedbank Back to top
Fraudsters now have a new scam to access your bank account. They pose as
cellphone or retail store employees and offer you 'free' airtime or shopping
To 'load' the voucher, they ask you for personal information like your ID number
and to take a selfie of you. While you think they are registering you for a
voucher, they are actually enrolling you on the Nedbank Money app. They then trick you
into handing them your cellphone and they accept the Approve-it message for the
enrolment on their cellphone without you knowing.
Tips to keep safe:
- Always check with the store to ensure that they are running a promotion.
- Don’t let a stranger take a selfie of you.
- Don’t hand your cellphone to a stranger.
- Read Approve-it messages carefully before accepting them.
- If you suspect fraud on your Nedbank account, call them immediately on 0800 110 929.
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a
longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the
substances your body needs to thrive, means you can avoid many illnesses
that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements can
keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Choose Genologix to help
you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Get 5% off with the coupon code "MEGAPLEX5".
Overheard at the Checkout
"Did you know that South Africa now has a 12th
official language –sign language?"
"That's great ...and one can use it anywhere you use
the other official languages?"
"Yes, of course..."
"Wonderful! I am going to use sign
language to fill in my tax return!"