Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Glossophobia into Glossophilia!
public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters:
Meet Tues 11 & 25 July at 17:50 for 18:00 on Zoom
or in person in Bryanston. WhatsApp Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Do You keep repeating
the same actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time!
Save an hour or more a week: Get your life back. How?
Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
Turbo-Start Excel Macros course is now online for a limited time
priced less 75%!
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
month we focused on Morningside. We updated mainly the Morningside Area Shops page and the
Morningside Restaurants page.
The inaccurately named Rivonia Sports Centre (actually in Morningside) has
rebranded as Rivonia Sports and Medical Centre. It has several new tenants.
90 Degrees on Rivonia Shopping Centre on Kelvin Drive is being at least
partly demolished, we are told for a refurbishment. It has only two tenants
left, Steers/Fishaways and the Engen garage on the corner.
We got around to listing the Spur restaurant at Garden Court Morningside, on Cullinan Close just off Rivonia Road. It’s called the Tulsa Spur and looks
most inviting. This is the fourth or fifth restaurant iteration in
this place. It replaced Ri'stretto Al Fresco Cucina, which was a
restaurant too. That replaced Papachinos Continental Café in 2015.
There are more developments in Morning Glen Mall. We've also updated the Wendywood Shopping Centre page as a result of the feedback received below.
Would you rather be a
helot or a harlot?
As RMB Bank says, "Why not both?"
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
Little Life Hack #2: Tucking in your shirt more easily
When I was little, my mother taught me to put on
my trousers and then my shirt. Then I had to tuck my shirt into my pants. Later,
watching my girlfriend, I learnt a better method:
Put your shirt (or blouse) on first, then your
lower garment. It is much easier to tuck the upper garment into the lower while
the latter is still undone.
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Rivonia Sports Centre at 40 East Road (opposite Alon Road), Morningside Manor has rebranded as Rivonia Sports & Medical Centre. Listed in Morningside Area Shops – Sport and wellness centre for all ages. Two indoor pools, two studios, consulting rooms, ample onsite parking.
- Skinderm at Rivonia Sports & Medical Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Conditions treated: Skin Cancers, Moles, Pigmentation, Acne, Ageing Skin, Cellulite, Hair loss, Scars, Psoriasis, Eczema, Fungal skin infections, Viral warts.
- Whale of a Time Swim School, Rivonia Sports & Medical Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Learn to swim (all ages and abilities), water safety lessons, stroke correction, squad classes, schools, Special Needs.
- Sandton Family Pharmacy at Rivonia Sports & Medical Centre in Morningside Area Shops.
- Shaftesbury Avenue Dance and Theatre accessories moved from 13 Wessel Road, Rivonia to 6 Grace Road, Bryanston, near Epsom Downs Shopping Centre.
- Dr Jaidan Mays, Chiropractor in Morningside Area Shops – Morningside Chiropractic and Sports Injury Clinic. Moved from Block B, Trademore House, 165 Rivonia Road, Morningside to Once Active Gym, 84, 6th Street, Parkmore.
- Best Before, Shop 05 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Clearance specialist: Moved to Dunwoody Centre.
- C&S Construction moved from Shop 11, Wendywood Shopping Centre to 2C Margaret Ave, Buccleuch near The Bridge Shopping Centre – Waterproofing, plumbing, ceilings, painting. But not paying their bills.
- Complete Nursing Agency – Moved from Shop 103 in Wendywood Shopping Centre to 135 Daisy Street, Sandown, Sandton.
- Tulsa Spur near Morningside Shopping Centre – at Garden Court Morningside, cnr of Rivonia Road and Cullinan Close. Child friendly restaurant caters for families and kids.
- Blueberry Beacon, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Family restaurant and kids playground. At the extreme west end of the centre overlooking the new deck and Rivonia. It is mandatory for all patrons to have a main meal and a beverage.
- Seattle Coffee Company, Shop 41, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Coffee, tea, and beverages of all kinds. On the corner of the open car park between the outside entrance and exit of Food Lovers Market.
- Chantel's Hair and Beauty, Shop 04, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Hair and beauty salon. Nails, manicure, pedicure,
Botox. "Hair doesn't happen by chance, it happens by appointment.".
- DiDi, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre - No indication of what they do.
- Mzansi PC Home, Shop 02, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Information technology, database management, computer sales and servicing, Network Solutions, graphic designing, photocopying and printing.
- E Liquor Bottle Store Wendywood, Shop 13, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – For all drinks, alcoholic and soft.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Sent: 31 May 2023 20:04
Subject: Enquiry from Wendywood Shopping Centre Web page
Just curious as to why you continue to publish outdated information regarding
the Wendywood Shopping Centre.
1. The photos are totally outdated.
2. I vacated the centre 2 years ago yet my details still appear on your
3. Dr Mervyn Wolf died 4 years ago yet his details still appear
4. The butchery has gone
5. The Post Office is closed
6. The Supermarket closed 4 years ago
7. Virtually EVERYTHING IS REDUNDANT yet you still publish outdated fake
information. Why don’t you get a life and get real or shut down your irrelevant
Dear Dr Blumberg (I assume from the email address, since you didn’t sign your
Thank you for your message. I'm always happy to receive helpful constructive
You are quite right: I have been neglecting my Wendywood shopping centre web
page. I will visit soon and do an update. It is good to see that someone cares.
However, I think you may be viewing an old, cached version of the page. I
removed Dr Mervyn Wolf on 05/04/2021 09:35 and transferred Morningside Butchery
to Dunwoody Centre on 27/02/2023 19:32. There is only one photo (at the very
bottom) which, yes, is out of date.
By “the supermarket”, do you mean Best Before or one of its predecessors? I have
now checked with the Best Before Head Office. It turns out that the one that
opened in Dunwoody had in fact moved from Wendywood and was not a new branch as
I assumed. I have therefore removed it from the Wendywood page.
I have also removed the entry for your practice.
Have you in fact closed your practice, or moved elsewhere? You didn't say.
Any other information you can give me will be gratefully accepted.
To give you a bit of background, the Megaplex Web site is a free service to help
people find businesses in Sandton. It is largely a labour of love: it does not
pay for my time. But I hope that it does in some way contribute to the
prosperity of our area and make some people’s lives easier.
Since my wife died in July last year, I have been trying to run both the
software business and Megaplex, and not always succeeding. It is an effort
getting the newsletter out each month, but some people seem to enjoy it. The
Megaplex website has 59 shopping centres, of which 43 are at least a bit out of
date. I do wonder if I should shut down the site, or if it is still useful even
if parts are a bit old. I will consider your suggestion to shut it down.
Rick Raubenheimer, Webmaster and Member, Megaplex cc.
Dear Reader: Your opinion, please? Should I
shut down the Megaplex site or
keep it and the newsletter running?
Thought for the Week:
They recommend Andolex for a sore mouth and
Personally, I need only eat a hot curry to get a sore mouth and throat. – Rick.
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the substances your body needs to thrive, means you
can avoid many illnesses that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements
keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Choose Genologix to help
you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Get 5% off with the coupon code "MEGAPLEX5".
Got their Angel Wings:
Back to top
- Wendywood Post Office, Shop 10 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – No more Motor vehicle licences, pay-a-bill, airtime, banking, courier, money transfer, postal services, philately, photocopying, stationery, Lotto.
- Wendywood Post Boxes, Ground in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Postal code (boxes): 2144. CLOSED: Please collect your post at Bramley Post Office, next to the Police Station. Tel 011 440 5089.
- Dr Mark I. Blumberg, M.B. ChB (Cape Town), Shop 206b in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Medical Practitioner, was 2nd Floor.
- Little Cooks Club (Rivonia / Morningside) in Morningside Area Shops – With over-reliance on unhealthy convenience foods, many people today lack confidence and skills to cook for themselves. We educate children about food in a fun and engaging way, equipping them to live a healthier life.
- Car Mirror Centre (19 Toulouse, Minto Place) in Morningside Area Shops – Independent suppliers of exterior side mirror replacement glass (car door mirrors). Replacement car mirrors exactly fitting the make and model of your car.
- Sandton Wellness Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Specialist professional services for mental health and wellbeing. Clinical and counselling psychologists and a psychiatrist provide cutting edge interventions, evidence based and tailored to each client. 42A East Road corner Ridgeway Road, Morningside Manor.
- Ri'stretto Al Fresco Cucina in Morningside Shopping Centre – at Garden Court Morningside, cnr of Rivonia Road and Cullinan Close. Child friendly restaurant caters for families and kids. Diverse menu catering to all.
- Iron Rodd's Gym in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Nearest gym to Wendywood Shopping Centre, at the opposite end of Wendy Road, corner Bowling Ave, opposite "Espirit Estate".
- William Ainslie in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Biokineticist: Resolve lower back pain, Shoulder rehabilitation, Strength training for sport: At Iron Rodd's Gym, Cor. Wendy Road and Bowling Ave.
- The Kitchen, Shop 04 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Gourmet ready meals, coffee shop and delicatessen.
- LEM - Lunar Eclipse Management (Pty) Ltd, Shop 13 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Domestic Chemicals Shop.
- Jino Liquor Store in Wendywood Shopping Centre – For all drinks, alcoholic and soft.
- Marvellous Maids, Shop 106 in Wendywood Shopping Centre (other branches still open)– South Africa's premier domestic placement agency. "Let us find the perfect maid for you" Permanent or temporary.
- Dataforce Financial Services, Shop 107 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Insurance brokerage - life, investment, short-term. Financial services. Member of FPI, FIA & FSP. Was 1st Floor.
- Alterations Tailor, Shop 120 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Contact Pumeez Boutique.
- Pumeez Boutique in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Exclusive designer garments. Factory here, shop in Sunninghill closed.
- Weiners Training Development Academy, Shop 201 in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Courses (full or part-time) in health care, health work, occupational health safety, victim empowerment, first aid, gender violence, fire-fighting, rights, STI's, HIV & AIDS. Was 2nd Floor.
- United Dental Laboratory cc, Shop 209B in Wendywood Shopping Centre – Was 2nd Floor. Relocated, they don't say where.
You Know You're South African when...
On Monday and Tuesday you protest about high
crime, government corruption, and lack of service delivery.
On Wednesday you go out and vote ANC again.
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,472 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes
15% VAT, less discount)
Debit Order Reversal Scam Warning from Capitec Bank
Beware of an SMS claiming that unauthorised debit orders have been deducted
from your account and that a reversal will be processed.
Fraudsters may send you such an SMS, and then call you pretending that
they’ll walk you through the steps to reverse the debit order/s on our app.
If you receive any of these SMSs, remember:
- We will never call and ask you to confirm how much money is in your account
- We will never ask you to do a send cash transaction to reverse debit orders
- Fraudsters want you to panic and act without thinking. Always stop and consider the situation before reacting
- Don’t follow any of their instructions to reverse the debit order/s.
- Check your bank statements regularly
- Call your bank (Capitec is at 0860 10 20 43) or visit a branch if you spot unauthorised transactions.
Overheard at the Checkout
Are you OK? You're looking stiff."
it's a bit of post-Comrades race fatigue..."
You ran Comrades! At your age! Respect!"
no, I didn't: I get tired just from watching!"