Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Glossophobia into Glossophilia!
public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters:
Meet Tues 12 & 26 Sept at 17:50 for 18:00 on Zoom
or in person in Bryanston. WhatsApp Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Do You keep repeating
the same actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time!
Save an hour or more a week: Get your life back. How?
Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
Turbo-Start Excel Macros course is now online!
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
This month we focused on Morningside. We updated mainly
Morning Glen Mall, and our Morningside Area Shops page.
The inaccurately named Rivonia Sports and Medical Centre (actually in
Morningside) has a host of new tenants. They range from genuine medical
professionals to quackery, as listed below. Choose judiciously!
There are several new developments in Morning Glen Mall:
- Sneak Preview: The Foodies' Feast, a sampler restaurant of worldwide
cuisine, is opening on Saturday 2 September. It is off the lower level passage opposite Protea Home and the
- Cash Converters finally opened in shop
40 next to the Food Lovers Market lift and escalators on Wed 23 August.
- Blueberry Beacon Family restaurant and kids playground opened in June. It is on the upper level at the extreme west end of the centre overlooking the new deck and Rivonia.
See the rare Restaurant Review below.
- Also in June, The Golden Tee indoor golf
experience opened just in from Blueberry Beacon. Real golf swings, virtual
courses, rain or shine, and no lightning!
This is a very clever setup
(one is tempted to abuse that over-used word, "unique"). There are a
number of booths, where a golfer can tee off and hit their ball at a big
screen. On the screen is projected any one of hundreds of world
golf-courses. The system tracks the trajectory of the ball and
cleverly inserts it into the picture, working out where it would have landed.
The picture then moves to that point and the golfer makes their next stroke. Wonderful technology!
The golfer gets their swinging
practice (though not much walking), while their mates cheer (or jeer?) from
nearby benches –or participate as a foursome. You can bring your own golf
clubs, or hire at the venue. Drinks and snacks are on hand.
- There's now a
skateboard rink in the Basement, on the same level as the
popular Padel courts.
- We say goodbye and thanks to Najma Mamoojee, who was a helpful
Centre Manager. In her place, we welcome Karen Terrell-Kramvis.
Zim's Stolen Election: Back to top
We heard from an unreliable source that, the
weekend before last Wednesday's election, thieves broke into the offices of the
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission and stole the election results.
Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Cash Converters finally opened on Wed 23 August in Shop 40, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – Second-hand shop: Buy unwanted goods and sell almost anything. Cash advances.
- The Golden Tee, Upper Level in Morning Glen Mall – "Indoor Birdies, Beer & Bites": Indoor golf facility that combines golf swings with a sports bar in the ambiance of a cocktail lounge.
- The Urban Playground, Basement in Morning Glen Mall – Skate Shack skateboard rink in the Basement. Skateboard and equipment hire.
- Rivonia Padel, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Book on the Playtomic App, whatever that is.
- The Nook Coffee Corner, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – A cashless environment. Quick bites, sandwiches, Tramezzini, Bagels, wraps, panini, hearty soups, pizza, sweet treats, hot & cold beverages, smoothies.
- Kerry Churchill Physiotherapist, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Paediatric Aquatic Physiotherapy: "Physiothera-Play" in Water.
- Keryn Barnes Physiotherapist, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Aquatic Physiotherapy & Aqua Aerobics classes.
- Rishana Mahabeer Physiotherapy, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Physiotherapist.
- Specialist Psychiatrist, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops.
- PathX Laboratories, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Pathologist, PR No. 0064262. Open Mon-Fri 08:00-18:00, Sat 08:00-12:00.
- IntegratlV Drip Therapy, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops
– The latest in quack "medicine": Intravenous drips. "These
treatments are mostly harmless and really just result in people making
- Arya Vedic, Rivonia Sports Centre in Morningside Area Shops – Specialised Ayurvedic
Skin & Body Therapy: Hair, Skin, Body.
- Vilai-Lai Thai Massage Gary Avenue, Morningside Area Shops – Massage & therapy treatments to leave you relaxed and invigorated - Traditional Thai, Aromatherapy, Herbal Compress. Corner of Kelvin Drive & Gary Avenue (entrance), Morningside Manor, Sandton.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Restaurant Review: ***** Blueberry Beacon, Morning Glen Mall, by Elizabeth Pereira
The restaurant is on the top level in Morning Glen shopping centre. The location and design allows patrons to see the
Rivonia skyline. Watching the sunset is a treat.
The food is well presented and we enjoyed our meal of Haloumi balls for me
and Cajun Chicken with well-done crispy chips for my partner.
Staff are efficient; respectful and sufficiently attentive. The management keep watch ensuring that needs are met. The vibe is upbeat and pleasant.
The children's playground is heaven for active kids. The tables around the sides allow parents to keep watch.
In conclusion; a highly recommended outing for the family.
Contact Details for Blueberry Beacon. Back to top
Thought for the Week:
ANC: "It's premature to say we have a failed
state! Give us another five years!"
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the substances your body needs to thrive, means you
can avoid many illnesses that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements
keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Choose Genologix to help
you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Get 5% off with the coupon code "MEGAPLEX5".
Little Life Hack #3: No More Stinky Bath Towel!
Right, this topic is a bit gross. But if Ndumiso
Ngcobo can tackle it in the Sunday Times Lifestyle, no less (11 June 2023: "The
nitty-gritty of bathing - in black and white"), then so can we.
After all, "gross" is a part of life, and this may help some of our readers. So,
let's dive in:
Have you found, after using your bath towel for a few days, that
bits of it
get smelly? Probably because you dried your anus with that part?
All sorts of solutions have been proposed. Such as having two towels. Or one
towel, half of which is white, and the other half, brown!
Here is a much simpler, more hygienic solution of my own. Dry the rest of you
first. Do not dry your butthole with your towel. Then, fold a few squares of
toilet paper and dry your ass with that. Dispose of the paper in the toilet. You
will have a clean, dry rear end, and a sweet-smelling towel.
Do you have a Life Hack to share? Please e-mail us.
You Know You're South African when...
There is a radio report, "Police swooped on
illegal miners terrorising the community".
But, what you hear, is: "Police swooped on illegal
miners, terrorising the community".
And, in more stinky stuff...
"This is an Important Consumer Announcement"…and the call cuts off
"Have you been getting these calls? Have you tried desperately to block
whoever stole your details, without any luck? Well, I found ‘em! I finally found
the douche bags who’ve been spamming South Africa. The company is “Financial Debt Advisors”. The website is flda.co.za and their phone number is
021 271 0223. Their address is 3rd floor, Stadium on Main, Main Road, Claremont,
Cape Town. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org. They are 100% in breach of
the POPI Act". –from
No_Concept_9848 on Reddit (scroll down there to see how he/she found them).
We phoned 021 271 0223 twice, but the auto-attendant did not connect us to a
human. We also tried their WhatsApp number, 064 089 6085. That (probably
also an automated system) refuses to respond unless one gives an ID Number.
So we were unable to verify the above, but it seems probable.
What can you do? Report them to the Information Regulator for breach of the POPI Act:
"Any person may submit a complaint
to the Regulator in the prescribed manner and form alleging interference
with the protection of the personal information of a data subject. Should you
feel that your personal information has been violated, a complaint to the
Regulator must be made in writing."
In short, complete the prescribed
POPIA Form 5 and email it to
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,467 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes
15% VAT, less discount)
Overheard at the Checkout
do you think our main problem is in South Africa: Ignorance, apathy, or
don't know and I don't care, leave me alone!"