Need a Plumber?
Call Doctor Pipes!
Also waterproofing and
small building alterations.
supervision of Mark Michalow
SMS, WhatsApp or phone
082 412 5152
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and Accommodation in Northern Sandton.
Accommodation in Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Chilli Lane Shopping Centre
Chilli on Top Centre
Glossophobia into Glossophilia!
public speaking in a relaxed, fun environment at Mariswe Toastmasters:
Meet Tues 14 & 28 November at 17:50 for 18:00 on Zoom
or in person in Bryanston. WhatsApp Rick on 082 389 3482 or
Shopping Centres in and near Bryanston::
Nicolway Shopping Centre
Hobart Grove Centre
Bryanston Shopping Centre
Riverside Shopping Centre
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre
Bryanpark Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in the Woodmead area:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
The Bridge, Buccleuch
Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
Do You keep repeating
the same actions in Excel?
Stop wasting precious time!
Save an hour or more a week: Get your life back. How?
Learn simple Macros: Record the repetitive action
once, repeat it fast with a single keystroke whenever needed!
Turbo-Start Excel Macros course is now online!
Shopping Centres in Central Sandton:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Shopping in and around Rivonia:
Rivonia Village Centre
Early Dawn Mall
Shops in Central Rivonia
Shops in Northern Rivonia
Petervale Shopping Centre
Shopping Centres in
Morningside Shopping Centre
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
90 Degrees on Rivonia
Shops in the Morningside Area
Almost all of us will one day need a blood transfusion
– Yet only 1% of people donate blood!
Make a difference to society! Donate at
Woods, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall. Phone:
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Rivonia Restaurant reviews,
Sandton Restaurant reviews,
Morningside Restaurant reviews.
Other Places of Interest:
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop
Don't be a Roof; Get Vaccinated!
Shingles can be great on your roof.
They aren't as much fun on your body, as I discovered recently.
On the evening of Sunday 8 October, I started getting a periodic shooting pain deep under my
left rib cage. On my skin in the same area, there were four big itchy red spots, front and
back. I thought the two symptoms were unrelated, blaming the spots on the first mosquito of the season.
When the pain didn't get any better, I saw the doctor on the Tuesday morning. He listened to the symptoms, took one look
at the rash, and diagnosed it as classic shingles.
He explained that shingles is produced by the chicken pox virus, which
remains in the spinal fluid. Once you have had chicken pox, you are immune
to it. But in 30% of people over the age of 50 it can manifest as
shingles. It may be triggered by stress or a weakened immune system. The
virus finds its way along a nerve. It causes pain on the nerve and a rash
on the surface. It will be on one side of the body only, both
front and back, in the area that nerve serves. Shingles itself is not
infectious, but someone who never had chicken pox can catch it from the rash,
There is no cure for shingles.
The doctor prescribed a week's course of Valatrex. This is an
antiviral medication that can help stop the shingles virus from replicating.
Valatrex doesn’t cure shingles as such, but it helps to shorten the duration of
According to the literature, those symptoms can last between 3 and 5 weeks.
Fortunately, we caught
it early: Within 72 hours.
The antiviral worked well. Nine days after I saw the doctor, the spots
had scabbed over and the pain had gone. I now have only some tiny
discolourations on the skin.
Later I heard that my son-in-law had shingles last year, and his sister had
it in February. A friend of my cousin got it two years ago and has "battled with it till today".
The doctor said I should diarize to get vaccinated against
the shingles virus in a year’s time. You should get vaccinated, too, if you are over 50 and haven't already.
Shingles isn't fun.
I love the way the Earth spins; it makes my day. –@telfordguy34uk.
Do You Use Excel? Making Mistakes is Easy!
Finding errors is hard! But they can
kill your company! In 2012, a London Olympics employee accidentally
typed in “20,000” instead of “10,000". The Olympic Committee
then sold 10,000 tickets for non-existent seats at minor events. They had to upgrade them to major events
—at a loss.
Get this FREE report on preventing Excel mistakes..
New on the Block, Movers and Shakers Back to top
- Dischem Grosvenor Pharmacy in Hobart Grove Centre has moved from shop F07 opposite to between Perron restaurant and Doppio Zero. Access is up their dedicated escalator and lift – Pharmacy and cosmetics.
- Leon Magiel Interiors in Hobart Grove Centre has moved from Shop G11, Main Square, upstairs to the first floor above Twisted Whiskers. – Décor design for hospitality, leisure, and residential interiors. Skirting, furniture, accessories.
- Copa Habana moved one shop north into where Leon Magiel Interiors was, Main Square in Hobart Grove Centre – Premium cigars and coffee. Coffee machines. Accessories: Lighters, ashtrays, candles, pocket knives. Humidors. Pipes. Fire extinguishers.
- Fond Boutique Eatery, Shop C10, on Hobart Road in Hobart Grove Centre – At Fruits and Roots. Health-conscious and Vegan eatery.
- Wellness on Alon near Morningside Area Shops – 49 East Road, corner Alon Road: Café, Dr Mitha (GP), Eben-Ezer Psychologist, Pegram Physiotherapy, Body Aesthetics, Skin and Body Clinic, Stress/Trauma Clinic, Naeera Abed Wellness.
- Beauty Factory Outlet in Woodmead SuperValue Centre – Fragrances, toiletries & home ranges at factory prices. Shack on the right of Continental Linen.
- Chelinobaby Woodmead, Shop 2A, Upper Level in Woodmead Square – Baby strollers, prams, cribs, and motorised toys, at truly amazing prices.
- Sealy Mattress Gallery, Upper Level in Woodmead Square – Try the full range of Sealy mattresses and base-sets, in all sizes and comfort levels - from entry level to speciality.
- Overland Outdoor Adventure Factory Outlet, Shop C, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – Ladies' and men's outdoor lifestyle, hiking, hunting, and farming clothing. Cammo. Brands: Wildebees, kakiebos. Belts, Buffs, Headwear, Jackets, Pants, Shorts, Socks, Tees.
- Salomon Outlet, Shop Q, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – Hiking & Trail Running: footwear, clothing, bags & packs, accessories, S-Lab, City Trail.
- Jo Borkett, Upper Level in Woodmead Value Mart – Ladies' boutique. Affordable Luxury – Fashion designed in South Africa for the contemporary woman.
Get Your Own Web Page for only R570/month!
A web page
on the longstanding and trusted Megaplex website will give your
business extra weight with Google! Quickly increase your web presence! Minimum commitment only 3 months. e-mail us, or
Little Life Hack #4: Dry Quicker, have a drier Bath Towel!
You've turned off the shower or let the bath water out.
Now, take a few
seconds to run your hands downwards over your arms, body and legs to flick off
the excess water.
will towel-dry more easily and quickly. Your towel will be drier and not smell musty
Do you have a Life Hack to share? Please e-mail us.
You Know You're South African when...
The country goes wild when the Springboks win the Rugby World Cup, and government does its best to exploit it.
Is anybody thinking outside the Boks?
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1
Self-catering Single Room with shared bathroom in house in Morningside
Manor. Wi-Fi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. R4000/month. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
- Atholl Square closed, ostensibly for renovations that are a long time coming. All shops have closed, including
Aesthetics Inc Skin & Body, Airvantage, Bijan Hair Studio, Body 20 Sandton, CAHI Dental & Medical Practice, Cell City, Centre Stone / Airvantage, Fontana Atholl Spar, Goddessa Nail and Beauty Boutique, Greenday Property / Greenday Trading, JAG Method / Just Play, Jetline e.com Atholl, Levingers, Lux Academy - Luxottica Training Centre, POSH Collection, Sandton Optometrists, Sigal Boutique, SMS2Bet Betting Services, Sorbet Dry Bar, Spar Tops, Sunglass Hut, Tasha's Café and Tasha's Test Kitchen.
- SA Autobrokers in Woodmead Square – Cash flow problems? Sell your car, bakkie, double-cab or 4x4 to them and then rent it back. Also used vehicle sales.
- Fiélli, Shop 1 in Woodmead Square – Exclusive Designer Furniture, indoor and outdoor: "The pursuit of enduring quality". Occupied the whole upper level of Woodmead Square, now gone.
- Woodmead Fabric Mill, Shop C in Woodmead Value Mart – Curtains, pelmets, quilted bedspreads, blinds, duvets, cushions.
- Damn Straight Hair, Shop F08b in Hobart Grove Centre – Hairdressers.
Thought for the
"Old" is always 15 years older than you are. –Rick.
Supplements are South Africa’s solution to a longer, stronger, smarter life
We believe in the awesome power of prevention. Supplementing with the substances your body needs to thrive, means you
can avoid many illnesses that need expensive and prolonged treatments. Correct supplements
can keep you mentally and physically fit, well into your later years.
Choose Genologix to help
you live Longer, Smarter and Stronger!
Get 5% off with the coupon code "MEGAPLEX5".
Home Renovation Safety Tips from Fidelity ADT
With the holiday season around the corner, many people have already started
working through their revamp or repairs list before businesses shut down over
Many residents are bringing in cleaning services and contractors to complete
repairs before the holiday season hits. Opening your house to contractors can
definitely expose you to risk.
The first and most important step is to vet your contractors thoroughly
before you embark on any renovations. A reputable contractor will usually have
references. We recommend you contact these before signing any contracts. You can
also do an internet search on the company or contractor to see if there are any
red flags. Do they have a website with proper contact details and information?
You could also potentially find information on previous work not included in
their list of references. You may find more negative comments than good
references, or ideas on things to keep in mind if you decide to hire them. Their
tiling may need attention, or they may not be great with plumbing, to name a
It’s important to question the contractor about the staff that will be on site.
Find out if they are permanent or part time employees. Your safest
option is to use a contractor that has their own staff.
Read more online here....
Advertise in this Monthly e-Newsletter from only R192/month*!
4,447 subscribers, many of them dedicated Sandton Shoppers! e-mail us, or
(*Non-top banner for one year paid in advance, includes 15% VAT, less discount)
Overheard at the Restaurant Checkout
"They have only this cheap and nasty
sweet dessert wine, and it's raining cats and dogs outside."
"Well, as the saying
goes, any Port in a storm!"