Covid-19 Closure, 27 March - 30 April 2020
Due to the national State
of Disaster declared by the President, only essential services are
operating. These include police stations, supermarkets, pharmacies, doctors
and vets (often with reduced hours) and internet-based businesses.
We suggest that you telephone or email to find out if a business is open.
This page is your most up-to-date list of shops, restaurants and facilities in the Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre, on William
Nicol Drive opposite the end of Republic Road, Hurlingham Manor, Sandton,
South Africa. This web site is the world's most extensive and detailed
list of shopping centres, restaurants and other businesses in Northern Sandton, covering Wendywood, Woodmead, Petervale,
Sunninghill, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Bryanston, Benmore Gardens and
Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre is built around an open-air car park,
with more parking underneath. It cost R 100 million+ and
opened on 20 October 2010. Despite the name, Hurlingham Pick 'n Pay Centre is not actually in Hurlingham,
it is in River Club Ext 36 (nowhere near the rest of River Club!) opposite Hurlingham Manor (officially called Hurlingham Ext 5).
The shopping centre consists mostly of a Pick 'n Pay supermarket and its offshoots: Pick 'n Pay
liquor, bakery, and restaurant. There are ABSA and
Standard Bank ATMs and a few small shops, listed below. The centre is
light and airy, and very spacious: The Flagship PnP has something like 30 tills!
The Centre is situated at GPS Coordinates: -26.08928, 28.02634. To get there, you
must travel along William Nicol Drive or Republic Road. Using Republic
Road, go east (toward Sandton) and the road runs into the centre. Using
William Nicol Drive from central Sandton, head north (away from central
Johannesburg) and turn right at Republic Road, which is the first road after you
cross the Braamfontein Spruit, just past Mattie Avenue. Using
William Nicol Drive from northern Sandton, head south (towards central
Johannesburg) and turn left at Republic Road, which is the first road after
Peter Place, just after the Forest Farm centre.
Trading Hours: Trading Hours: Monday-Friday: 08:00 to 20:00, Saturday:
08:00 to 18:00, Sunday: 08:00 to 16:00, Public Holidays variable.
Parking: There is plenty of open-air parking with minor shade from
young trees on the
shopping level (bear right as you enter), and covered parking
under the centre (bear left as you enter). Parking is free.
Security is provided in the parking area by an overly-officious Mvula Security.
The World's Most Helpful Website for Shopping in Sandton!
Advertise here: Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this, or R1000 + VAT for the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this site: For letting
queries, compliments, or complaints about the this centre, please contact
Centre Management we don't know who this is yet, but Pick 'n Pay can probably help.
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail
program. The e-mail also contains a cc to us: This shows us which
shops are getting business from here. As a reward for copying us, you get a free
subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the contents of the cc box in
your e-mail or, when the newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter alerts you, the Sandton shopper, to all that
is new, fresh, and exciting in Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside
Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood, Sunninghill and Petervale! We aim to bring you the
best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the liveliest shops, and a
touch of humour. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See
All Newsletters 2009-date,
Furnished Morningside Cottage to Let, 1 June 2020
Roomy garden apartment
with double bedroom, bathroom, split-level lounge-dining room, kitchen, patio, garden and
secure carport. WiFi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
Except for the few mentioned below, most shops in the centre are on the ground floor, clustered around the
open-air car park. Shops are listed from north to south, which is left to
right as seen from the open-air parking and is the order in which
you would encounter them coming from the entrance:
- ATMs: Lost/Stolen ATM Cards 0800 111 155 (Absa), 0800 020 600 (Standard) ABSA and Standard Bank, in the open-air car park on the extreme left, outside Thyme on Nicol.
- Thyme on Nicol: Telephone 011 998-3341, 082 457-5640 Pick 'n Pay restaurant with attentive service and a Vida e Cafe supplying coffee. Contact: William (Manager): e-mail thymeonnicol@PnP.co.za
- Pick 'n Pay Bakery Fresh bread, rolls, speciality breads, and flowers. Contact: same as main store (below).
- Visual Eyes: Telephone 011 781 6660 Optometrists: Seth Dunlee, B. Optom (UJ), B. Sc (UP). Contact: Seth Dunlee: e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Vet's Pantry Hurlingham: Telephone 011 326 4548 Pet foods: Hill's, Eukanuba, Iams, Vets Choice, Ultra Dog, Royal Canin. Pet toys, chews, leads, beds, dog-tags, etc. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-19:00, Saturday 09:00-17:00, Sunday and Holidays 09:00-14:00. Contact: Sandy: e-mail email@example.com
- The Cleaning Brothers: Telephone 011 326-4721 Dry cleaning and laundry, alterations. Contact: Immaculate.
- Pick 'n Pay Hurlingham: Telephone 011 998-3300 Vast supermarket with everything in the way of groceries and household items that you could want. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org group web site
- Pick 'n Pay Liquor: Telephone 011 998-3300 (ask for Liquor) everything in the way of liquor and cold drinks that you could want. Contact: Donaldson: e-mail email@example.com group web site
Shops on the upper level are listed from north to south, which is left to
right as seen from the open-air parking.
Note that the Upper level comes in two parts that are accessible by two
different routes: Firstly, there is the section above the Pick n Pay main
entrance on the left (next to Thyme on Nicol) where the two lifts are. This
contains the Pick n Pay Good Food Studio
and the Centre Toilets. Secondly, on the extreme right of the centre,
accessible via the stairs and the one lift outside Pick 'n Pay Liquor, are the
Sorbet salons and Staples:
- Pick n Pay Good Food Studio: Telephone 011 998 3310 Vida Cafι, venues for cooking classes, auditorium for demonstrations, classrooms, wine room, formal dining area. Ideal space for breakfast clubs, book clubs, tea parties, product launches, directors' lunches, etc. Upper level above the Main Entrance (next to Thyme on Nicol) where the two lifts are. Contact: Annelise Coleslaw: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Centre Toilets Upper level above the Main Entrance, the one on the left (next to Thyme on Nicol) where the two lifts are.
- Sorbet on Nicol (Shop 09): Telephone 011 326-4795, Cell 076 070-6135 Face & Body Professionals. e-mail email@example.com group web site
- Sorbet Drybar Hurlingham (Shop 09): Telephone 011 326-2798 Hair Salon. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org group web site
- Staples Copy and Print Hurlingham (Shop 07): Telephone 011 781 2053, Fax 011 781 2899 Photocopy, printing, ink cartridges and toners, stationery, laminating, business cards, flyers, letterheads, scan and enlarge, corporate gifts, graphic design, rubber stamps, binding, courier. Open M-F 08:30-17:00, Sat 08:30-13:00. e-mail email@example.com web site
- 082 CARWASH Hurlingham: Telephone 073 206 3611, 082 CARWASH Car Wash. Open 08:00-17:00 every day. In the car park under the Ground Floor. Contact: Dumisane: Group web site
Nearby Places of Interest:
Back to top
- Forest Farm Centre: Telephone 011 789 3008 Residential facility for Cerebral Palsied adults, just north of the Pick 'n Pay centre on William Nicol Drive. Donations are appreciated: Registration Number NPO 017-813. Contact: Drienie Nienaber, Operations Director: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Field and Study Centre: Telephone 011 783 7407 or 011 783 7408, Fax 011 783 7409 Louise Avenue, Parkmore (closest corner 14th Street). Large municipal park with active centre offering diverse range of courses in Home, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies and Skills, Languages, Cooking, Health and Fitness, Domestic Cooking & Home Keeping, Teens and Children. River Cafι. GPS Coordinates: -26.08676, 28.02931. Contact: Barbara Gray: e-mail BarbaraG@joburg.org.za web site
- Braamfontein Spruit Hiking Trail: Telephone 082 456 7020 Arguably Johannesburg's longest river trail, suitable for hikes of anything from half an hour to a full day. Accessible from Field and Study Centre and various other points. Contact: Tim, Braamfontein Spruit Trust: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Chaplins Grill: Telephone 076 564 5979 Traditional urban grill Restaurant. Vegetarians welcome. 61 Woodlands Avenue, off Republic Road, Hurlingham Manor, Sandton. Open M-F 12:0014:30 & 18:0022:00, Saturday 18:0022:00. web site
- Cheryl Anthony Properties: Telephone 082 448 3536 Reputable and helpful local real estate agent. Contact: Cheryl Anthony, owner: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Broadway: Telephone 011 781 4448, 011 781 4119 Professional dry cleaning, alterations and mending, tailor-made clothing: wedding dresses, suits, matric dance outfits. Coffee bar. 61 Woodlands Street, Hurlingham, off Republic Rd one block from William Nicol Dr. Contact: Sue and Chad: e-mail email@example.com;Chad@wsint.co.za web site
- Fury Ford and Mazda + Engen: Telephone 011 66 68 500, Fax 011 66 68 501 on William Nicol Drive southbound, just south of Mattie Ave, Parkmore. New and used cars, service, Engen fuel, snack shop, bakery, Ster-Kinekor cinema tickets. GPS: -26.09339, 28.03003. Contact: Bernerd Blom: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Total William Nicol: Telephone 011 883 6056, Fax 011 884 5145 William Nicol Drive northbound just north of Sandton Drive (49 Minerva Avenue, Glenadrμenne). Bonjour Shop, Steers, Mugg & Bean, Nedbank ATM.
- CycleFO - Cycling Factory Outlet: Telephone 011 234 9550, 082 456 5796 Bicycle shop & on-line store. 61 Woodlands Ave, Hurlingham. e-mail email@example.com web site, Facebook page
Subscribe to our
"Shopping in Sandton"
Click here for our
Links on This Page:
Ground Floor Shops
Upper Level Shops
Nearby Places of Interest
To search this web page for
keywords, press Ctrl+F
or use your browser's Search or Find function. This page is provided as a
public service please
any corrections or to advertise here.
Links to Other Pages:
www.megaplex.co.za Home Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Woodmead, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor and
Shopping Centres in Sunninghill:
Sunhill Shopping Centre
Other Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Early Dawn Mall
Oriental City Rivonia
Shopping Centres in Morningside:
90 Degrees on Rivonia
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen Mall
Morning View Shopping Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop,
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club
Brave Enough to
Be a South African HERO:
Colony, cor Jan Smuts & Rothesay Avenues, Craighall.