Covid-19 Closure, 27 March 2020 - Present
During the national State of Disaster declared by the President, most non-liquor shops are open, but might have restrictions.
We suggest that you telephone or email to find out if a business is open.
This neighbourhood centre opened in 2006 and serves Wendywood and the south-eastern end of
Morningside. There is a Pick 'n Pay, Standard Bank ATM, optician,
hair, nail, and beauty salons, several restaurants, a Shell filling station, a
carwash and dent repair, and unlimited free parking.
The untimely departure of Coricraft (unethically breaking their lease) has opened up a whole wing that
was snapped up by eager new shops:
- Chow To Go Vietnamese & Chinese restaurant opened January 2020.
- STK Grill House, which opened mid-December 2018, closed February 2020.
- Studio Fix has been replaced by Lucy's Beauty Botique.
- Arez Café Lebanese / Middle-eastern café closed, to be replaced by
Nala Bheema's Authentic Indian Restaurant, August 2019.
- Rodavani Exclusive men's shoes, closed a while back, It has now been replaced by Spice Bazaar (Indian spices and foods), August 2019.
- Bristles Unisex Hair Salon moved from Wendywood in September 2018.
- Shoe Warehouse for shoe bargains.
- The Bank It Gold and Diamond Exchange has moved here from Rivonia Junction.
- Manto’s Café has replaced Europa Café as of September 2018.
- Manor Home and Health opened on 23 April 2018; essentially the team of Manor Pharmacy and Medicine Depot from Morning Glen Mall, under new ownership.
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1 May
with half-bathroom (shower, basin, toilet), in house in Morningside
Manor. WiFi. Carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. Call 082 389 3482, e-mail
us, or click here.
Kindly tell contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za!
This page is provided as a public service because Morning View has no web page of
its own yet – please
any corrections or to advertise. Note:
We do not manage this shopping centre. Contact details for Letting
Agent and Centre Manager:: Telephone 082 458 3648 – Limberopoulos Property Development. Contact: Karin Limberopoulos: e-mail email@example.com
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also
contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from
As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the
contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the
newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter
alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
All Newsletters 2009-date,
The World's Most Helpful Website for Shopping in Sandton!
Advertise here: Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this, or R1000 + VAT for the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
The Shops in the centre include, from right to left (anti-clockwise, as seen from the parking area):
- Shell Filling Station: Telephone 011 784 0032 – Garage: Petrol, oil and diesel. Shell Shop: Pastries, pies, sweets, snacks. Closed for renovations, June 2017. Contact: Ghyroom and Kamal: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick n Pay Morningside (Shop 01): Telephone 011 884 4220, Fax 011 884 4028 – Supermarket. For all your groceries and household purchases. Platters can be ordered directly from the store at 48 hours notice before 12 noon. Open Monday-Friday 08:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00-17:00, Sunday 08:00-16:00, Public Holidays 09:00-16:00. Contact: Pieter Minnaar, Rosche Wollenschlaeger: e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Manto’s Café (Shop 02): Telephone 011 883 4343 – Mediterranean Coffee Shop: Pasta, pizza, Panini, salads, burgers. Open M-F 07:00-19:00, Sat 08:00-17:00, Sunday 08:00-15:00. Contact: Mantovani. Read Restaurant review here
- TheEyeMakers (Shop 03): Telephone 011 783 9999, 082 377 7145, Fax 086 690 4381 – Optometrist and Eyewear Boutique. Contact: Shruti Desai, B Optom (RAU) CAS(GIO) PDB: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Bristles Unisex Hair Salon (Shop 04): Telephone 011 802 8220, 011 804 1342 – Ladies', gents', and kids hairdresser and stylist. Hair extensions, chocolate Brazilian hair straightener. Moved from Wendywood September 2018. Contact: Luis (084 316 0806) & Candice: e-mail email@example.com
- Shoe Warehouse: Telephone 063 169 1403 – 3 pairs for R270. Crowded. Contact: Cali.
- Vacant - To Let: Telephone 082 458 3648. Contact: Karin Limberopoulos: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- FNB ATM: Lost/Stolen ATM Cards 0800 110 132 – Hut in the parking area right in front of STK Grill House.
- Standard Bank ATM: Lost/Stolen ATM Cards 0800 020 600 – In the parking area right in front of Great Burger Company.
- The Bank It: Telephone 011 029 5253, 072 454 5500, 082 482 3851 – Gold and Diamond Exchange: They buy gold, diamonds, watches, broken jewellery, cars, trucks, boats and bikes. Loans made. Contact: Mark: e-mail email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Chow To Go: Telephone 010 026 9242, 071 895 6854 – Vietnamese & Chinese restaurant: Tapas, Dim Sum, pork, beef, prawn, seafood, duck, chicken. Noodles, rice, wrap, desserts. Open Mon–Sat 12:00–21:00. e-mail email@example.com . Read Restaurant review here
- Pick n Pay Liquor: Telephone 011 884 4220, Fax 011 884 4028 – For all your liquor and soft drinks. Open Monday-Thursday 08:00-19:00, Friday 08:00-19:00, Saturday 09:00-17:00. Contact: Sello (Manager), Rosche: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Salé e Pepe da Giovanni (Shop 08): Telephone 011 883 7020 – High-priced mediocre Italian Restaurant, open Tue-Sun 12:00-14:15 and 18:00-22:00. Contact: Masimo. Read Restaurant review here
- Rather Tart (Shop 08A): Telephone 011 883 3187, Steve 082 558 5318 – Crepe Parlour & waffle bar: French crepes & Belgian waffle, tarts and quiches. Catering. Contact: Steve Ryan: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Gourmet Samosserie (Shop 08B): Telephone 011 883 3187, Steve 082 558 5318 – Take-away samoosas sold from a window in Rather Tart. Contact: Steve Ryan: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nala Bheema's Authentic Indian Restaurant (Shop 07): Telephone 011 326 6333, 061 386 6205, 060 544 0458 – Specialists in North Indian and South Indian restaurant. Open every day 11:00–21:30. On Uber Eats. e-mail email@example.com . Read Restaurant review here
- Manor Home and Health (Shop 10): Telephone 011 804 4040, Emergencies 076 928 7860, Fax 011 804 3495 – Opened on 23 April 2018. The team from Morning Glen, under new ownership. Dispensary, patent medicines, herbal remedies and placebos. Open 08:30 to 20:30 Monday to Saturday, 09:00 to 17:00 Sunday and Public holidays. An Alpha Pharm franchise with lots of special offers. Contact: Lynne: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Medifam Family Medical Wellness Centre (Shop 12): Telephone 011 883 2509, 011 784 2542 – Travel Clinic, Executique Medical Wellness, Sixth Sense Medical Aesthetics. Open Mon–Fri 09:00–17:00, Saturday 11:30–13:00. Moved from Grayston Shopping Centre. Contact: Dr Yaniv Lacob MBBCh (Wits), Dip Aes.: e-mail email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Post Link Morningview (Shop 08C): Telephone 011 883 1153 – Domestic and international courier, packaging, copy / print, email / scan, laminating / binding services, internet facilities, business cards / pamphlets etc., Bizhub.
- Spice Bazaar: Telephone 061 386 6205, 060 544 0458 – Indian spices and foods. e-mail email@example.com
- Tatoosh Boutique (Shop 09G): Telephone 074 123 1234, 084 850 8665 – Ladies' clothing boutique. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morningview Laundromat & Dry Cleaners (Shop 09F): Telephone 011 883 6436, 011 883 3436 – Open Monday-Friday 07:00-17:30, Saturday 08:00-15:00, Sunday 09:00-14:00. Closed Public Holidays. Laundry, dry cleaning, dyeing, tailoring, alterations, shoe repairs. web site
- Absolutely Perfect Water (Shop 09E): Telephone 072 347 6169 – Purified water, refills, purifiers, replacement filters, water treatment, dispensers. e-mail email@example.com Group web site
- Lucy's Beauty (Shop 09D): Telephone 079 678 3460 – Salon specialising in ethnic hair and beauty. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-18:00, Saturday 08:00-17:00, Sunday 09:00-14:00. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com web site
- Sorbet Morningview (Shop 09C): Telephone 011 883 3048, 074 048 2000 – Face and body professionals: Facials, waxes, massages, nails and more.. 25% off all treatments during Opening Month for Wed 22 March 2017. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Atlantic Barbershop (Shop 09B): Telephone 074 441 3728, 084 784 2966 – Men's hairdresser. Contact: Alex & Said: e-mail email@example.com
- GP Cellular (Shop 09A): Telephone 011 883 0947, 076 574 8714 – Cellphone repairs, computer repairs and accessories. 10% discount during opening, from March 2017. Contact: Aakib (Manager): e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ocean Basket Morningview (Shop 11): Telephone 011 326 6630, 076 866 4741, 078 607 6930, Fax 011 312 0603 – Popular seafood and sushi restaurant chain, sole provider of "da feesh". Contact: Timo Stefanakis: e-mail MorningView@oceanbasket.com Group web site. Read Restaurant review here
Nearby Places of Interest:
If you use the contact details on this page to get hold of anyone, please
tell them that you found them at
Map of the Area:
The symbol above shows the position of the centre. Other centres in
Morningside are marked with similar symbols.
View Morningside Shops in a larger map
Links on This Page:
Nearby Places of Interest
Map to the Centre
Links to Other Pages:
Home Page – Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen, Kelvin Drive
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Early Dawn Mall
Rivonia Village Centre
Shopping Centres in Wendywood & Woodmead:
Woodmead Retail Park
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Codfather Village of Restaurants,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Other Places of Interest:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside