Links on This Page:
Ground Floor Shops
First Floor Offices
Nearby Places of Interest
Map to the Centre
Links to Other Pages:
Megaplex Home page Overview of Shops, Facilities, and
Accommodation in Woodmead, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor
Shopping Centres in Woodmead:
Woodmead Value Mart
Woodmead Super Value Centre
Woodmead Commercial Park
Woodmead Retail Park
Other Shops in Woodmead
Other Shopping Centres in the Morningside area:
The Wedge, Morningside
Morning Glen, Kelvin Drive
Morning View, South Road
Shopping Centres in Rivonia:
Early Dawn Mall
Other Shops in Rivonia
Accommodation & Restaurants:
Morningside Restaurant reviews
Accommodation in Rivonia,
Restaurants in Rivonia,
Restaurant reviews for Rivonia
Other Places of Interest:
Grayston Shopping Centre
Atholl Square Shopping Centre
Sandhurst Centre, Rivonia Rd
Culture: Books, Movies, etc
Sandspruit Hiking Trail,
Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre,
Rivonia Village Veterinary Clinic,
Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's
Manor Medical Centre,
Morningside Country Club,
Rooms To Let in Morningside
Advertise Here! Expose YOUR Business to People Browsing this Centre!
Only R1000 + VAT (R1150) per year for this very banner.
Half that for a banner below.
e-mail us now! More details here.
To search this web page for keywords, press Ctrl+F.
Please tell contacts that you found them at www.megaplex.co.za.
This page is provided as a public service as the centre has no web page of its
any corrections or to advertise here.
Wendywood Centre is the original
village shopping centre of Wendywood, Sandton. Located in the heart of Wendywood on Daphne Street between Wendy
and Darwin Roads, just off Western Service Road, it once housed all the
shops the neighbourhood needed for its basic requirements.
Sadly, the Spar, Spar Tops Liquor, and Belfry Cafe closed in January 2015.
Hilton's Car Sound closed in early 2017. Best Before became the
anchor tenant, then moved to Dunwoody Centre in February 2023. Morningside Butchery did
likewise about the same time. The Post Office has closed. There isn't even
an ATM anymore. The Pharmacy,
Drapers, and Sex Shop appear to be surviving.
To get there: From central Sandton, take Rivonia Road going north
(away from town). Cross Grayston Drive. Miss one set of traffic
lights (Cell-C) and take the next right into South Road. Go down the hill
and up the other side, where you should turn left at the next lights into
Bowling Avenue. Turn right at the second lights into Wendy road and you will
see the centre on your right just after the Clinic, and just before Wendy Road
ends at Western Service Road. From the M1 Motorway, take the
Wendywood/Kramerville off ramp. Turn West (towards central Sandton).
At the T-junction with Katherine St - Bowling Avenue, turn right. At the
fourth set of traffic lights turn right into Wendy Road (opposite Espirit Estate)
and you will see the centre on your right just after the Clinic, and just before
Wendy Road ends at Western Service Road.
Parking: There is plenty of free open-air parking, with some trees for shade.
Trading Hours: Mainly Monday to Friday: 09:00 17:00 and Saturday: 09:00 13:00. Some shops,
like the hairdressers, open for longer hours, Sundays and
The World's Most Helpful Website for Shopping in Sandton!
Advertise here: Only R500 + VAT per year for a banner like this, or R1000 + VAT for the top banner!
or call 082 389-3482.
Note: Megaplex does not manage the shopping centres listed on this
site: For letting queries, compliments, or complaints about the this
centre, please contact
Enquiries and Letting: Telephone 011 718 6452, Fax 011 718 6458 call Orion Group. Contact: CEO Franz Gmeiner: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
Click any e-mail link to generate a message in your default e-mail program.
The e-mail also contains a cc to us. This shows us which shops are getting business from here.
As a reward for copying us, you get a free subscription to our monthly e-newsletter "Shopping in Sandton". If you don't want it, just delete the contents of the cc box in your e-mail or, when the
newsletter arrives, click the "Unsubscribe" Link.
Megaplex's monthly e-newsletter
alerts you, the Sandton
shopper, to all that is new, fresh, and exciting in
Woodmead, Rivonia, Morningside, Morningside Manor, Gallo Manor, Wendywood
and Petervale! We
aim to bring you the best bargains, the most interesting restaurants, the
liveliest shops, and a touch of humour. If it's not good, we'll also warn you about it.
Subscribe here. See newsletters here:
All Newsletters 2009-date,
Furnished Morningside Room to Let 1
Self-catering single bedroom with shared bathroom in Morningside
Manor. WiFi. Newly carpeted, fully furnished and serviced including
laundry. Close to shops and bus routes. R4000/month. Call 082 389 3482,
e-mail us, or click here.
Shops are listed from left to right as seen from the parking lot (south to north):
- Vacant - several shops To Let: Telephone 011 718 6452 Orion Real Estate Ltd. e-mail email@example.com web site
- DiDi Open Mon-Fri 09:00-16:30.
- Biryani Hut (Shop 03): Telephone 011 075 3269, 061 309 5667 Authentic Indian Cuisine & Takeaway. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chantel's Hair and Beauty (Shop 04): Cell/WhatsApp 072 030 8192 Hair and beauty salon. Nails, manicure, pedicure, botox. "Hair doesn't happen by chance, it happens by appointment.". Contact: Chantel: e-mail email@example.com facebook page
- Evolution_N The Beauty Bar (Shop 12): Telephone 061 794 9712 Nails, hair, barber, massage.
- Wendywood Pharmacy (Shop 15): Telephone 011 656 1683, 011 656 1684, 011 656 9007, Fax 011 656 2456/1683 Good Health is a Priority. Free deliveries within 5 km. Free blood pressure check. Vitamin injections. Clinic facilities available. Open 7 days a week: Mon-Sat 08:30-20:00, Sundays 09:00-17:00. Contact: Lesego Matjila (B.Pharm) (Medunsa).
- Wendywood Drapers and Dry Cleaners: Telephone 011 802 1608 Est. 1972. School uniforms and sportswear for Buccleuch Primary School, King David Primary (Victory Park, Sandton, Linksfield), Wendywood Primary, King David High School (Victory Park, Linksfield, Wendywood). Dry cleaning one-day service. Tailoring, shoe repairs. Sports accessories. Haberdashery. Contact: Hellen: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendywood Post Boxes Postal code (boxes): 2144. Under the northern end of the centre. CLOSED: Please collect your post at Bramley Post Office, next to the Police Station. Tel 011 440 5089.
- Mzansi PC Home (Shop 02): Telephone 010 510 1164, 073 0830417 Information technology, database management, computer sales and servicing, Network Solutions, graphic designing, photocopying and printing. Open Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30, Sat 10:30-15:30. Contact: Charles Ike & Tebogo: e-mail email@example.com web site
- LuvLand Adult Entertainment Store (Shop LG1): Telephone 081 442 9249 Adult toys and games, lingerie, magazines, explicit DVDs. Male and female sexual enhancement tablets. BDSM and other naughty things we can't mention on a family web site. Under the cocktail bar deck. Open Mon-Sat 09:00-19:00, Sun 10:00-18:00. Contact: Carol: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Group web site
- Car Wash @ Wendywood Shopping Centre No details available, but stil functioning.
The office entrance is on the south end of the block (on the extreme left as you face the centre from the car park), just left of Biryani Hut.
- Joel Dorfan Optometrist (Shop 101): Telephone 011 802 2219, Fax 011 802 3338 Consulting Optometrist and contact lens practitioner: Eye exam, vision tests, low vision, soft and hard contact lenses, glasses, frames, spectacle cleaner. Contact: Joel Dorfan: e-mail JoelDorfan@icon.co.za web site
All businesses previously here have closed or moved.
- Wendywood Municipal Clinic: Telephone 011 802 1095 Corner Wendy Road and the service road directly behind Wendywood Shopping Centre. Services Rendered: Minor Ailments Chronic Ailments Mother & Child Services Antenatal Services & PMTCT Family Planning Services Sexually Transmitted Infections HIV & AIDS VCT Counselling TB Child Immunisation Services. Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Wendywood Sports Club: Telephone 011 802-3309 (Staff), Fax 011 804-5598 The club has been taken over by the Dept. of Sport and Recreation, and is administered by Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre nearby. Contact: Mzamo Ndandani: e-mail email@example.com
- Wendywood Sports Club, Tennis section: Telephone 082 774-5347 Six hard courts, 2 with floodlights. Private and group lessons. Fees from R110 for children to R900 for men. Contact: Teaching Pro: Allon Rock: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Sister Helga Creche & Nursery School: Telephone 011 802 1256 Open 07:00-17:30. From 4 months to Grade 0. 88 Bessemer St, Wendywood. Contact: Helga: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Signarama: Telephone 011 807 0711, Fax 011 807 0714 50 Bowling Avenue, Wendywood. Signage and Branding: Window and door, lettering, full colour graphics, banners, trade show and exhibits, vehicle lettering, architectural signs, magnetic signs, neon signs, real estate signs, safety signs, exterior signs. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- Marlboro Drive Eastbound Shell Garage: Telephone 011 444 2878 Petrol, oil, diesel, air, snacks. Corner Marlboro Drive and 5th Avenue, Eastgate, Sandton. Contact: Hari (Owner): e-mail email@example.com
- Marlboro Drive Westbound Shell Garage: Telephone 011 488 1407 Petrol, oil, diesel, air, snacks. Corner Marlboro Drive and Lilium Avenue, Marlboro Gardens. Contact: Anil: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendywood Caltex On Western Service Road between Bessemer and Cavendish Streets.
- 4aKid: Telephone 011 6556 8290, 083 200 6081, 082 447 1182, Fax 088 011 656 8290 Baby accessories, child safety products and pregnancy items designed to make life easier and simpler for parents. Strollers, child car seats, child harnesses - at 45 St Sebastian Drive Wendywood Ext 4 Sandton. Contact: Ally Cohen: e-mail email@example.com web site
- 4aPet: Telephone 011 6556 8290, 083 200 6081, 082 447 1182 45 St Sebastian Drive, Wendywood Ext 4 Sandton. Natural Pet Remedies, Pet Toys, Pet Food, Pet Grooming products, pet shampoo, pet skin health, pet teeth care. Contact: Ally Cohen: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org web site
- 4aShopOnline: Telephone 011 6556 8290, 083 200 6081, 082 447 1182 45 St Sebastian Drive, Wendywood Ext 4 Sandton. Men's skincare and haircare products. Women's fashion clothing, shoes, accessories. Necklaces, Earrings, Bangles, Pendants, Watches, Rings, Anklets, Chains. Contact: Ally Cohen: e-mail email@example.com web site
- Ethnic Tangles: Telephone 083 575 6659, 011 656 2467 Hair and Nail Salon: braiding, razor cut, Rihanna styles. Relaxers: Ladine, organic, proactive. Hair cut: all styles. Nails: manicure, pedicure, gel, acrylics. Operating door-to-door. Contact: Vernus Shora: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil OMahony Interiors: Telephone 011 706 2921, 083 459 5421 Interior designer and decorator with over forty years experience in classical and contemporary decorating in South Africa and abroad. Moved from Nicolway Bryanston to 4c Appel Rd, Kramerville, e-mail email@example.com web site
- Ernest Ullmann Park Recreation Centre:
Minto & Alma Roads, Morningside Manor, is the nearest public park of
significance and runs many interesting activities.
- The Sandspruit Hiking Trail in the valley is the nearest
urban hike: Come
walking with your dogs, jog, run, or ride your mountain bike!
Morning View on South Road,
Morningside, and Dunwoody Centre, at Western Service Road
and Woodlands Drive, Woodmead, are the closest other neighbourhood shopping
Woodmead Value Mart,
Woodmead Super Value Centre and
on the other side of
Woodmead Drive, on Waterval Crescent: Nearest really large centres.
- Woodmead Makro, very large hypermarket at the southern end of Waterval Crescent.
- Woodmead Commercial Park,
interesting collection of shops and educational children's play-park on the other side of Woodmead Drive, on
- Woodmead Retail Park,
big new regional centre on the other side of Woodmead Drive, on
the Northern end of Waterval Crescent.
- Other Shops and Shopping in Woodmead
(separate web page with map showing the locations of all the centres and the
free-standing shops in Woodmead).
- Montrose Nursery Garden Centre and Gia's Coffee Shop, in South Road (nearest plant nursery).
- The Kramerville off-ramp on the M1 Motorway is the nearest freeway
Map of the Area:
The blue symbol shown above marks the position of the centre on the map. Other centres nearby in
the Morningside area are marked with similar symbols.
Area Shops in a larger map